ALL phases of this installation must comply with NATIONAL, STATE, AND LOCAL CODES
Supplementary Electric Heaters for JMM4&5 Wall-Mount Air Handlers
IMPORTANT — This Document is customer property and is to remain with this unit. Please return to the service information pack upon completion of work.
WARNING: HAZARDOUS VOLTAGE – DISCONNECT POWER BEFORE SERVICING
This accessory electric heater is designed to provide power directly to the unit from the accessory heater’s power supply eliminating the need for additional circuits. The power and control wiring uses a single polarized plug to connect the heater and the unit. See the Heater Data table on page 3 for the number of circuits required.
1. Check the unit heater label to conﬁrm that the selected Heater is approved for use with this unit in the installed conﬁuration.
2. Check the components received for damage. Report any defects or shortages to the transportation company immediately.
3. Be sure the power supply agrees on with the listing sho w n on heater nameplate.
SAFETY HAZARD! This information is intended for use by individuals possessing adequate back grounds of electrical and mechanical experience. Any attempt to repair a central air conditioning product may result in personal injury and/ or property damage. The manufacturer or seller cannot b e responsible for the interpretation of this information, nor can it assume any liability in connection with its use.
SAFETY HAZARD! Sharp Edge Hazard. Be careful of sharp edges on equipment or any cuts made on sheet metal while installing or servicing. Personal inj ury may result.
THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS FIBERGLASS WOOL INSULATION! FIBERGLASS DUST AND CERAMIC FIBERS ARE BELIEVED BY THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA TO CAUSE CANCER THROUGH INHALATION. GLASS WOOL FIBERS MAY ALSO CAUSE RESPIRATORY, SKIN, OR EYE IRRITATION.
- Avoid breathing ﬁberglass dust
- Use a NIOSH approved dust/mist respirator
- Avoid contact with the skin or eyes. Wear long-sleeved, loose ﬁtting clothing, gloves, and eye protection.
- Wash clothes separately from other clothing, rinse the washer thoroughly.
- Operations, such as sawing, blowing, tear-out, and spraying may generate ﬁber concentrations requiring additional respiratory protection. Use the appropriate
NIOSH-approved respirator in these situations.
FIRST AID MEASURES
EYE CONTACT: FLUSH EYES WITH WATER TO REMOVE DUST. IF SYMPTOMS PERSIST, SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION.
SKIN CONTACT: WASH AFFECTED AREA GENTLY WITH SOAP AND WARM WATER AFTER HANDLING.
Disconnect all electrical power, including remote disconnects before installing or servicing. Follow proper lockout/ Tagout procedures to ensure the power can not be inadvertently energized d. Failure to disconnect power before servicing could result in death or serious injury
NOTE: Illust rations may vary from the actual unit by cabinet and heater s size.
1. Remove the upper access panel from the fan coil unit.
2. Remove the cover plate from the fan coil opening and save the screw s for the next step. Install the heater kit and secure the element plate with the 2 screws removed from the cover plate plus a 3 rd screw provided with the kit.
3. Install the electronic-control into space on the left-hand side and attach with screw s provided in the kit.
4. Connect the electric heaters to the air handler using the Heater Kit Plug. Connect high voltage to the circuit breaker lugs and ground lugs per the wiring schematic and air handler installation guide.
5. Cover the upper access panel on the fan coil unit.
IMPORTANT: The BAYHTRJ5** electric heat accessory includes one 60 amp circuit breaker to provide an electrical disconnect for service personnel that is intended to help protect internal electrical components in the event of a short circuit or ground fault. As designed, the circuit breakers supplied in the BAYHTRJ5** accessory DO NOT provide overcurrent protection of the branch circuit. Therefore, the branch circuits shall be sized and protected according to the unit nameplate.
Note: The electric heater has been evaluated with the end product of the JMM4 and JMM5 series wall-mounted unit by the ETL certification.
Since the manufacturer has a policy of continuous product and product data improvement, it reserves the right to change design and speciﬁcation without notice.
Oxbox Supplementary Electric Heaters for JMM4&5 Wall-Mount Air Handlers User Manual – Download [optimized]
Oxbox Supplementary Electric Heaters for JMM4&5 Wall-Mount Air Handlers User Manual – Download