ottocast U2-AIR Wireless CarPlay Adapter User Manual
READ ME FIRST
This adapter is designed for iPhone to use Apple CarPlay wirelessly on factory car multimedia system which has built-in wired Apple CarPlay.
Please refer to the next page for how to check a car has Apple CarPlay or not.
However, NOT every car with built-in CarPlay could fit this adapter. If there is any issue while using the adapter, please do not hesitate to contact us.
How to check a car has CarPlay or not
1. Plug an iPhone (running iOS 10 or newer) into the car USB ports with genuine factory lightning cable. If there is a notification pop up on iPhone like below, that your car has built-in Apple CarPlay.
2. If there is a CarPlay icon in the car stereo menu, that your car has built-in Apple CarPlay.
3. Contact your car dealer for help.
What’s in the box
- Wireless adapter *1
- USB cable (Type-C to A) *1
- USB cable (Type-C to C) *1
- User manual *1
NOTE! The adapter should be plugged into the USB port that is for wired Apple CarPlay/ Android Auto connecting if there are multi USB ports in your car.
How to use wireless CarPlay
- Turn on your iPhone’s WiFi and Bluetooth, then pair to the Bluetooth named “AUTO-xxxx”
- Tap “Pair-Allow-Use CarPlay” on the iPhone pop-up notifications
- It will then connect to CarPlay wirelessly after a few seconds.
NOTE! Before pairing to a new iPhone, please disconnect the currently connected phone from WiFi and Bluetooth.
Firmware update & report an issue
Firmware updating is NOT recommended when every function works well.
How to update or report
- If your iPhone is connecting to the wireless CarPlay, enter 192.168.1.101 on iPhone’s browser, next tap “Update” if there is an update available
- If your iPhone could not connect to the wireless CarPlay, please join the adapter’s WiFi network [AUTO-xxxx] by manual and the password is 88888888
- Next enter 192.168.1.101 on iPhone’s browser, tap “Update”.
- At the same web interface, you could also fill in the car make, model years, and issue details, next tap “Submit” to report the issue. After the success notification appears, take a screenshot and email us. We will fix it as soon as possible.
NOTE! The blue LED indicator will flash while updating. Wait for more 30s after the indicator is always on, then disconnect and reconnect the adapter from USB port to finish the whole update.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: 1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and 2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation.
This equipment generates uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
FCC Radiation Exposure Statement
This device complies with FCC RF radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment. This transmitter must not be co-located or operating in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
This device must operate with a minimum distance of 20 cm between the radiator and user body.
Read More About This Manual & Download PDF:
Documents / Resources
|ottocast U2-AIR Wireless CarPlay Adapter [pdf] User Manual|
U2-AIR, U2AIR, 2A7ZS-U2-AIR, 2A7ZSU2AIR, Wireless CarPlay Adapter, U2-AIR Wireless CarPlay Adapter