Orbegozo FDR 67 Air Fryer Instruction Manual
Read the operating instructions carefully before putting the appliance into operation and keep the instructions including the warranty, the receipt and, if possible, the box with the internal packing.
General Safety Instructions
- This appliance must not be used by children aged between 0 and 8. This appliance can be used by children aged 8 and above if they are continuously supervised. This appliance can be used by and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or with lack of experience and knowledge, if they are supervised or they have been instructed about the safe use and they understand the hazards which its use involves. Cleaning and maintenance work must not be done by children.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- Keep the appliance and its cable out of the reach of children aged below 8
- WARNING: In order to ensure your children‘s safety, please keep all packaging (plastic bags, boxes, polystyrene etc.) out of their reach.
- If the supply cord is damaged it must be repaired by the Authorized Service Agent to avoid any hazard.
- Never pull on the cord when unplugging.
- Do not use the unit with a damaged cord or plug, or if it is not working properly.
- Do not handle the appliance with wet hands.
- Never immerse the appliance in water or any other liquid.
- Make sure the appliance has been unplugged before cleaning.
- This appliance must be installed following the national regulations for electrical installations.
- This appliance is for household use only.
- In case that you need a copy of the instruction manual, you can find it in www.orbegozo.com
- WARNING: In case of misuse, there is a risk of possible injury.
Special Safety Instructions
- Never let the cord touch hot surfaces or hang down over the worktop edge – a child could grab it and pull the fryer down.
- After cleaning, ensure all parts are completely dry before use.
- Never leave your fryer on unattended.
- Do not use if there is any damage to the fryer, cord or plug. Get it checked or repaired: see ‘service’.
- Watch out for steam during cooking and when you open the lid.
- Never put your fryer near or on cooker hot plates.
- This fryer is for domestic use only.
- The appliances not intended to be immersed in water for cleaning.
- Do not use the device outdoors.
- Always unplug the fryer after use.
- In order to avoid a hazard due to inadvertent resetting of the thermal cut-out, this appliance must not be supplied through an external switching device, such as a timer, or connected to a circuit that is regularly switched on and off by the utility.
- This kind of appliance should be placed on a stable surface with the handles (if has) put to avoid a spill of hot liquids.
- CAUTION: HOT SURFACE The surface can remain hot during or after use.
- ON/OFF button
- Mode menu
- Temperature selector
- Timer selector
- Temperature indicator
- Time indicator
- Fan icon (Working)
BEFORE USING FOR THE FIRST TIME
- Your Air Fryer is shipped with the frying basket locked into the drawer, inside the Air Fryer body. Firmly grasp the frying basket handle to open frying basket drawer; then remove the drawer from the machine and place on a flat, clean work area.
- To unlock and remove the frying basket from the drawer: Push the clear basket lock forward to expose the basket release button. Press the basket release button with your thumb while pulling the frying basket straight up and out of the drawer.
- Remove all packing material and labels from the inside and outside of the Air Fryer. Check that there is no packaging underneath and around the frying basket and drawer.
- Wash frying basket and drawer in hot, soapy water.
- DO NOT IMMERSE THE AIR FRYER BODY IN WATER. Wipe Air Fryer body with a damp cloth. Dry all parts thoroughly.
- Lock the clean frying basket into the drawer. There are 2 tabs on each side of the handle. Slide the 2 handle tabs into the notches on the top of the basket drawer. An audible click can be heard as the frying basket handle locks securely into place.
IMPORTANT: Slide the clear basket lock back over the basket release button to prevent accidental frying basket release.
WARNING! This unit should not be used to boil water.
NOTE: During first use, the Air Fryer may emit a slight odour. This is normal.
- Place the fryer on a flat, heat-resistant surface near an electrical outlet.
- Firmly grasp the handle to open the air fryer drawer and remove the drawer from the appliance by placing it on a flat, clean surface.
- Put the food in the basket without overfilling it. NEVER fill the frying basket more than 2/3 full. When frying fresh vegetables, we recommend that you add no more than 3 cups of food to the basket.
- Insert the drawer with the frying basket into the front of the fryer and always make sure that the drawer is tightly closed.
- Plug the appliance into the wall socket.
- To turn the fryer on, press the Start / Pause key for three seconds. The LED panel will light up.
- Then press Mode menu button to select one of the 8 pre-set programs.
- The temperature and time can be readjusted by using the Temperature and Timer selectors and increase and decrease buttons.
- Once you have selected the pre-set program / temperature and cooking time, press the ON/OFF button, and the appliance will start – The fan icon will light up when the appliance is running.
- NOTE: Some of the preset recipes require the food to be turned over in the middle of the cooking process.
- You can pause the fryer manually by pressing the ON/OFF button. To resume, press again the same key. To turn off the appliance, press the ON/OFF button for 3 seconds.
WARNING: The Air fryer doesn’t start – the screen will remain off until the drawer is fully closed and it won’t work.
- During the cooking process of the selected program, the oils and liquids released by the food will accumulate in the lower basket.
- For even cooking / browning, open the fry basket drawer halfway through the cooking process and check as necessary. Lift the frying basket out of the drawer to rotate or stir the food. Once done, put the basket back in the drawer and adjust the temperature if necessary. The timer will continue to run when the drawer is open, but the air fryer will stop heating until the drawer is snapped back into place.
- Once the selected program ends, the device will emit 6 beeps to notify you of the end of the program. – The fan icon will stay on for 20-25 seconds. – Once the program is finished, the air fryer will automatically turn off.
- Leave cooked food inside for about 5-10 minutes before removing it from the basket or removing the drawer.
- When you finish frying, remove the basket from the appliance and place it on a flat, heat-resistant surface. Then remove the basket from the drawer.
- Remove the food to the place where it was served and put the basket back in the drawer inserting it in its place. Continue if you wish by cooking other foods below.
- Unplug the air fryer when not in use.
NOTE: You can pause the selected program by pressing the Start / Pause button or by removing the basket from the appliance. To resume the program, press the Start / Pause button again or insert the basket into the appliance again
CAUTION: Make sure the basket lock is in the locked position when shaking food. To avoid personal injury or property damage, do not press the basket eject button while shaking the fryer basket.
WARNING: Use extreme caution when handling the fry basket or drawer while it is hot. Prevent steam from escaping from the basket or from the food.
CAUTION: Always wear oven mitts when handling the hot fry basket.
CAUTION: Hot oil can collect at the bottom of the drawer. To avoid burns or personal injury or to prevent oil from contaminating cooked food, always unlock the frying basket and remove it from the drawer before emptying. NEVER turn the drawer upside down with the frying basket attached.
- Olive oil spray or vegetable oil works well for air frying.
- Use your Air Fryer to cook pre-packaged foods with a fraction of the oil, in a fraction of the time! As a general rule, lower the recipe baking temperature by 10º C depending on the food and amount.
- Do not overfill frying basket with food. NEVER fill any frying basket more 2/3 full. When air frying fresh vegetables, we do not recommend adding more than 3 cups of food to the frying basket.
- For best results, some foods need to be shaken vigorously or turned over during the air fry time. Consult the Air Frying Chart following as a general guide.
- To avoid excess smoke, when cooking naturally high fat foods, such as chicken wings or sausages, it may be necessary to empty fat from the frying basket drawer between batches.
- Always pat food dry before cooking to encourage browning and avoid excess smoke.
- Air fry small batches of freshly breaded foods. Press breading onto food to help it adhere. Arrange in frying basket so that food is not touching to allow air flow on all surfaces.
- The Air Fryer can be used to reheat food. Set the temperature to 150ºC for up to 10 minutes.
AIR FRYING CHART
RECOMMENDATION: You can use a thermometer to ensure that meat, poultry and fish are cooked thoroughly before eating.
The following chart is intended as a guide only. The quantity of food air fried at one time, the thickness or density of the food, and whether the food is fresh, thawed, or frozen may alter the total cooking time necessary.
- To assure even cooking/browning, open the frying basket drawer halfway through the cooking time. Check, turn or vigorously shake foods in the frying basket. This chart lists average total air frying time, the time at which some action is required, and what action is to be taken for best results.
- Remember, frying smaller batches will result in shorter cooking times and higher food quality. Adjust air frying temperatures and times as necessary to suit your taste.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Unless food is pre-packaged and pre-oiled, for browned and crispy results, all foods should be lightly oiled before air frying.
- Oil may be sprayed or brushed onto foods.
- Spray oils work well as oil is evenly distributed and smaller quantities of oil are needed.
- To ensure crispy results, make sure foods are dried before adding oil.
- Cut pieces smaller to create more surface area for crispier results.
- Blanching is a term that refers to pre-cooking foods at a lower temperature before the final air fry.
- Add 3 minutes to the AIR FRY TIME to allow the Air Fryer to preheat.
* Add 3 minutes to the AIR FRY TIME to allow the air fryer to preheat
USER MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
This appliance requires little maintenance. It contains no user-serviceable parts. Any servicing requiring disassembly other than cleaning must be performed by a qualified appliance repair technician.
Care & Cleaning Instructions
WARNING! Allow the Air Fryer to cool fully before cleaning.
- Unplug the Air Fryer. Remove frying basket from the drawer. Make sure the frying basket drawer and frying basket have cooled completely before cleaning.
- Wash the basket drawer and frying basket in hot soapy water. Do not use metal kitchen utensils or abrasive cleansers or cleaning products as this may damage the non-stick coating.
- The frying basket and frying basket drawer are dishwasher-safe. For best results, place in the top rack of your dishwasher to clean.
- Wipe the Air Fryer body with a soft, non-abrasive damp cloth to clean.
- Make sure the Air Fryer is unplugged and all parts are clean and dry before storing.
- Never store the Air Fryer while it is hot or wet.
- Store Air Fryer in its box or in a clean, dry place.
Disposal of old electrical appliances.
The European directive 2012/19/UE on Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE), requires that old household electrical appliances must not be disposed of in the normal unsorted municipal waste stream. Old appliances must be collected separately in order to optimize the recovery and recycling of the materials they contain, and reduce the impact on human health and the environment. The crossed out “wheeled bin” symbol on the product reminds you of your obligation, that when you dispose of the appliance, it must be separately collected. Consumers should contact their local authority or retailer for information concerning the correct disposal of their old appliance.
DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY: This device complies with the requirements of the Low Voltage Directive 2014/35/EU and the requirements of the EMC directive 2014/30/EU.
This appliance is covered and is entitled to the legal guarantee in accordance with the legislation in force from the date of purchase. Keep the purchase receipt to be able to claim your right to the guarantee. To find the closest service to your location, contact through the following web link: https://orbegozo.com/asistencia-tecnica/
For any type of query, doubt or incident, you can contact us through our email shown on the main page of this manual or through our technical assistance service at https://orbegozo.com/contacto/
Orbegozo is not responsible for components and accessories that are subject to wear and tear due to use, as well as perishable compounds or those that have deteriorated due to improper use. Nor will it be held responsible if the owner has technically modified the device. Check the legal conditions on our website.
Documents / Resources
|Orbegozo FDR 67 Air Fryer [pdf] Instruction Manual|
FDR 67, Air Fryer, FDR 67 Air Fryer
- Orbegozo Electrodomésticos | Todo para tu hogar y cocina
- Contacto - Orbegozo Electrodomésticos
- Orbegozo Electrodomésticos | Todo para tu hogar y cocina
- Asistencia técnica - Orbegozo Electrodomésticos