opticis LHM2-NXXX Stretch HDMI HDMI 2.0 Active Optical Cable
Congratulations on your purchase of the Stretch HDMITM LHM2-Nxxx, Active Optical Cable for HDMI 2.0. This manual contains information that will assist you in installing and operating the product.
OPTICIS active optical HDMI 2.0 cable, LHM2-Nxxx is designed for critical display applications that demand flawless HDMI signal integrity and it provides transparent signal transmission over plenum graded, LSZH graded, or TPU hybrid cable. LHM2-Nxxx enables to delivery 4K DCI (4096×2160) at 60Hz signal up to 100m (384ft) with a non-detachable cable. It avoids any scaling or data compression for lessening the burden of data transmission.
LHM2-N series give slim, light, easy installation like a general copper HDMI cable. It holds a firmly distinctive performance advantage as it requires absolutely no external power to operate. It solely utilizes TX and RX of the cable to function without any additional setting requirements.
- LHM2-Nxxx, Active Optical Cable: One (1) unit, length as you inquire.
- User Manual
System Requirements for Setup
- Hardware requirements
- You must have an HDMI display source (Media player, PC or laptop). It should support the maximum graphic resolution feature of the Display (TV, Monitor or Projector) to be connected.
- No special requirements for memory size, CPU speed and chipsets, if you’ve already properly installed your HDMI systems.
- Software requirements
- No special restrictions, if you’ve already properly installed your HDMI / DVI systems.
- AC/DC Power Adapter Technical Advisory
The LHM2-Nxxx is designed to use +5V internal power supplied through an HDMI pin (#18) on the graphic source port.
That if either of Display source or Display does not support HDMI 2.0 standard, LHM2-Nxxx would not transmit HDMI 2.0 signal. Just like copper cable, transmitting information will follow lower resolution of the two.
- (Example: 4K Display source – 2K Display → 2K resolution, 2K Display source – 4K Display → 2K resolution).
Please use the installation procedure below. Improper or no operation may result if the start-up sequence is not correctly followed.
Carefully unpack the contents of the shipping group.
Directly plug the TX side into the HDMI receptacle of the HDMI source (Media player, PC or laptop) without powering up of the devices. It is NOT recommended for customers to use any intermediate cable or adapter between them. It may deteriorate the signal transmission performance.
Plug the RX side into the HDMI receptacle of an HDMI Display. It is NOT recommended for customers to use any intermediate cable or adapter between them. It may deteriorate the signal transmission performance.
Power ON the device of an HDMI source and a Display
If the system does not work properly, go to pages 1-4, for troubleshooting.
- Note: LHM2-Nxxx can utilize either the +5V power supplied through an HDMI pin (#18) from the HDMI source or the +5V power adapter.
- Note: Do not use an electric screwdriver to tighten the screw. Excessive force on the screw may damage the product.
- Note: Do not pull the cable with excessive force.
- Note: This cable is a directional cable. Please be cautious with the direction. Note: Do not bend the neck (strain relief) of the cable too much.
The display shows a black screen
Ensure that the HDMI ports are firmly plugged into the HDMI source and display. Ensure that the TX and RX modules are plugged correctly to the HDMI source and display respectively, the label on the cable guides which side to insert. Check if the HDMI source and display are powered on and properly booted. Reset the system by de-plugging and re-plugging the TX HDMI port or RX HDMI port. Re-boot up the system while connecting the optical HDMI cable system. Check if the cable or its jacket is not physically damaged. Check if the cable is not bent or kinked. The screen is distorted or displays noises. Ensure connections of both plugs while disconnecting and reconnecting the optical HDMI cables.
No special maintenance is required for the optical HDMI cables. Ensure that the cables and power modules are stored or used in a benign environment free from liquid or dirt contamination.
There are no user-serviceable parts. Refer all service and repair issues to Optics.
Technical Support and Service
LHM2-Nxxx, HDMI 2.0 Active Optical Cable
- Supports HDMI 2.0 Standards
- Extends up to 4K (4096×2160) at 60Hz (RGB & YCbCr : 4:4:4)
- Transmits HDMI 2.0 data up to 100m(328feet) over hybrid cable
- Cable Options:
- LHM2-NPxx : Plenum Jacket
- LHM2-NLxx: LSZH Jacket
- LHM2-NTxx: TPU Jacket
- Note: “xx” stands for the length of the cable.
- Ex: 10m of LHM2-NP LHM2-NP10 (“A0” for 100m)
- Operated by HDMI source without external power
- Supports 3D contents transmission
- Complies with CEC, EDID and HDCP 2.2
- Supports HDR at 10-bit or 12 bit speeds respectively within its maximum bandwidth, 18Gbps
- Cable Tensile load: 500N
- Minimum bending radius: 6mm
- Outer diameter of cable: 3.4mm (±0.2)
- Mechanical specifications of TX and RX module parts
- Dimensions: 64.2mm / 19.6mm / 11.2mm (L/W/H)
- Environmental Specifications
- Operating temperature: 0°C to 50°C
- Storage temperature: – 30°C to 70°C
- Operating humidity: 5% to 85%
- Certifications: CE / FCC
1 (One) Year Warranty
Optics warrants this optical HDMI extension cable to be free from defects in workmanship and materials, under normal use and service, for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase from Optics or its authorized resellers. If a product does not work as warranted during the applicable warranty period, Opticis shall, at its option and expense, repair the defective product or part, deliver to the customer an equivalent product or part to replace the defective item, or refund to customer the purchase price paid for the defective product. All products that are replaced will become the property of Opticis. Replacement products may be new or reconditioned. Any replaced or repaired product or part has a ninety (90) days warranty or the reminder of the initial warranty period, whichever is longer. Opticis shall not be responsible for any software, firmware, information, or memory data of customer contained in, stored on, or integrated with any products returned to Opticis for repair under warranty or not.
Warranty Limitation and Exclusion
Opticis shall have no further obligation under the foregoing limited warranty if the product has been damaged due to abuse, misuse, neglect, accident, unusual physical or electrical stress, unauthorized modifications, tampering, alterations, or service other than by Opticis or its authorized agents, causes other than from ordinary use or failure to properly use the Product in the application for which said Product is intended.
Dispose of Old Electrical & Electronic Equipment
(Applicable in the European Union and other European countries with separate systems) This symbol on the product or on its packaging indicates that this product shall not be treated as household waste. Instead, it shall be handed over to the applicable collection point for the recycling of electrical and electronic equipment. By ensuring this product is disposed of correctly, you will help prevent potential negative consequences for the environment and human health, which could otherwise be caused by inappropriate waste handling of this product.
The recycling of materials will help to conserve natural resources. For more detailed information about recycling of this product, please contact your local city office, your household waste disposal service or the shop where you purchased the product.
- Opticis Co., Ltd. 3F, 305, Sanseong-daero Sujeong-gu, Seongnam-si Gyeonggi-do, 13354 South Korea
- Tel: +82 (31) 719-8033
- Fax: +82 (31) 719-8032
- For order support, please contact your Distributor or Reseller.
- For technical support, check with the Opticis website at www.opticis.com or contact [email protected].
Documents / Resources
|opticis LHM2-NXXX Stretch HDMI HDMI 2.0 Active Optical Cable [pdf] User Manual|
LHM2-NXXX, Stretch HDMI HDMI 2.0 Active Optical Cable, LHM2-NXXX Stretch HDMI HDMI 2.0 Active Optical Cable