All For The Healthcare
Thank you for purchasing the OMRON MC-670 Digital Thermometer.
The thermometer you purchased offers a safe, accurate and quick temperature reading. You can measure your temperature either in the mouth (orally) or in the armpit (axillary). This thermometer eliminates any worries about broken glass or mercury hazards. Note that your temperature is affected by smoking, eating or drinking.
Thoroughly read this instruction manual before using your OMRON MC-670 Digital Thermometer. Contact your doctor if you have any questions regarding specific temperatures.
Note: The thermometer cannot be used to measure your temperature in the rectum (rectal temperature).
IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTES
To assure the correct use of the product basic safety, measures should always be followed including the precautions listed below.
- Please note that the temperature reading can be affected by various physical circumstances. Please consult a doctor if the thermometer measures abnormal temperatures over a prolonged period of time.
- Carefully read and follow the enclosed instructions to ensure accurate temperature readings. Note that temperature readings are affected by many factors including physical exertion, the drinking of hot or cold beverages before measurement, as well as measuring technique.
- Please keep still during measurement.
- The use of temperature readings for self-diagnosis is dangerous. Consult with your doctor for the interpretation of results. Self-diagnosis may lead to the worsening of existing disease conditions.
- This thermometer is used for taking temperatures through oral or underarm. Do not attempt to take temperatures at other sites, such as in the ear, as it may result in false readings and may lead to injury.
- Store the thermometer out of the reach of children. Do not allow children to take their temperatures unattended. Children may injure themselves when attempting to take temperatures without supervision.
- Do not leave the thermometer and its small parts where children can get to them. Children may swallow them. Should a child swallow the battery or battery cover, contact a doctor immediately.
- Do not attempt measurements when the thermometer is wet as inaccurate readings may result.
- Do not bite on the thermometer. Doing so may lead to breakage and/or injury.
- Do not attempt to disassemble or repair the thermometer. Doing so may result in inaccurate readings.
- Do not attempt to incinerate the battery. It may burst.
- Pay attention to polarity ( ) when replacing the battery. Failure to do so may lead to fluid leakage, heat generation or bursting, resulting in damage to the unit.
- Remove the battery when the thermometer will not be used for 3 months or more. Failure to do so may lead to fluid leakage, heat generation or bursting, resulting in damage to the unit.
- Changing and disposal of the battery has to be handled with reference to this manual and has to take place in accordance with the regulations of the country.
- Do not use mobile phones near the thermometer.
- Do not use the thermometer in places where strong static electricity or electromagnetic fields are present. Doing so may lead to inaccurate readings and may contribute to instrument failure.
- Do not expose the thermometer to shocks.
- Do not step on the unit or the strorage case.
- After each use, disinfect the thermometer especially in case the device is used by more than one person. Please refer to “CLEANING AND DISINFECTING”.
- Do not attempt to disinfect the sensor tip of the thermometer by immersing in alcohol or in hot water (water over 122°F (50°C)).
- Do handle the thermometer with care and do not use the thermometer for anything else than the intended use on human beings.
GENERAL SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
- Do not use the thermometer to measure anything other than human body temperatures.
- Do not drop the thermometer and strorage case or expose them to shock or vibration.
- Do not store the thermometer in the strorage case when it is damp. Wipe it off with a dry cloth first.
- Avoid taking the temperature until after 30 minutes has lapsed after exercise, bathing or eating/drinking.
- Never submerge this thermometer in any liquid since it is not water resistant
SWITCHING BETWEEN FAHRENHEIT/CENTIGRADE (CELSIUS)
The thermometer default is set to Fahrenheit °F.
To change the measurement mode from °F (Fahrenheit) to °C (Centigrade), follow the
procedure shown below. From the off position (blank display):
- Press and hold the ON/OFF button for more than 5 seconds until F flashes on the
NOTE: If you do not change the measurement mode for more than 5 seconds after F or C starts flashing, the thermometer will automatically turn off .
- Remove your finger from the ON/OFF button.
- While “F” is still flashing, press the ON/OFF button to display “C”. (Each time the
ON/OFF button is pressed, “F” and “C” are displayed alternately.)
- After selecting desired mode (e.g. °C), leave the thermometer for 5 seconds until it turns off automatically.
- The thermometer is now set for °C mode. All measurement readings from now on will be in °C.
- To select °F mode, start from Step 1.
Measurement accuracy cannot be assured when the method used to measure the temperature is incorrect.
ORAL USE (for ages 4 and older):
The mouth should remain closed up to 5 minutes before starting a reading.
- Place the thermometer in the mouth under the tongue so that it rests to the left or right of the root of the tongue.
- Use downward tongue pressure to hold the thermometer in place.
- Hold the thermometer to keep it from sliding around in the mouth.
ARMPIT (AXILLARY) USE:
- Place the sensor tip in the center of the armpit.
- Lock the sensor tip under the arm, using the arm to slightly apply pressure inwards.
In the case of infants and very young children, gently hold the arm to prevent movement.
TAKING THE TEMPERATURE
1.Remove the thermometer from the storage case.
2. Press the ON/OFF button.
All of the display symbols appear.
The result of the previous measurement is displayed with the “M” symbol for a few seconds.
3. Apply the thermometer to the measurement site as described in “CORRECT MEASUREMENT”.
When the [°F (°C)] symbol blinks, the thermometer is ready for use.
NOTE: Either temperature or “L” is displayed while taking a measurement.
Temperature measurement will commence and the [°F (°C)] symbol will blink.
During measurement, the round display will rotate.
4. When the reading is ready, the thermometer will emit a [beep] sound 3 times. Remove the thermometer from the measurement site and read the result.
The [°F (°C)] symbol will stop blinking and stay on when the reading is ready. After the reading is displayed, the round display will blink.
BUZZER NOTIFICATION TIMING
Oral : approx. 60 seconds Underarm : approx. 120 minutes
- The buzzer notification timing is based on an environmental temperature of 23 degrees.
- There will be individual differences in the measurement results.
You can continue to take a measurement for up to 10 minutes from the time you start.
You can continue to take a measurement for up to 10 minutes from the time you start.
If measurement is taken over a 10-minute span, the thermometer will beep 3 times and the display will change as shown.
5. Turn off the thermometer.
Press and hold the ON/OFF button for more than 2 seconds, the thermometer will beep and the power is turned off.
- The reading will automatically be stored in memory.
- Turn off the thermometer manually to conserve the battery. It will automatically turn off 1 minute after use or when turned on but not used.
6. Store the thermometer in the strorage case.
Clean and disinfect before returning it to its strorage case.
DISPLAYING THE LAST TEMPERATURE
Press the ON/OFF button to display the temperature that was measured most recently.
For details, please refer to the “TAKING THE TEMPERATURE”.
Battery: Lithium Button Battery CR2016 (available commercially)
Battery Replacement Symbol (BATTERY )
Replace the battery when the battery replacement symbol appears when the thermometer is turned on.
1.Remove the screw on the underside of the thermometer with a small screwdriver and take off the cover.
2. Use a thin stiff rod to remove the cover and battery.
Take caution as the battery may pop out.
3. Insert the new battery with the “+” pole facing up as shown in the diagram. Make sure the battery is put in with the right polarity.
4. Replace the battery cover and reinsert and fasten screw.
- The thermometer comes fitted with a battery for testing purposes. This battery may not provide the same amount of battery life as a new battery.
- Consult your local authorities and follow their instructions for the disposal of batteries and/or the thermometer.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
Keep the thermometer clean.
- The thermometer is not water resistant. Do not allow water or other liquids to enter the unit.
- Do not use any other method than wiping with a soft clean cloth for cleaning. Please refer to “Cleaning and Disinfecting” for further instructions.
- When using alcohol to clean the thermometer, make sure that it does not come into contact with the display.
- For stubborn stains, wipe the thermometer with a cloth that has been dampened with water or a neutral detergent solution and then wring thoroughly. Finish by wiping with a soft dry cloth.
- Observe the following to prevent damage to the thermometer.
–Do not use benzene, thinner, gasoline or other strong solvents to clean the thermometer.
–Do not use ultrasonic washing to clean the thermometer
Store the thermometer in its storage case.
- Do not store the thermometer in the following types of places. Doing so may damage the thermometer.
- Wet locations.
- Locations with high heat and humidity or those that are exposed to direct sunlight. Areas close to heating equipment, dusty locations, or environments where there are high salt concentrations in the air.
- Locations where the unit will be subjected to leaning, shock or vibration.
- Pharmaceutical storage areas or locations where corrosive gases are present
CLEANING AND DISINFECTING
OMRON recommends to wipe the device with damp cloth. For disinfection, 70% Ethanol or Isopropyl alcohol can be used. Do not attempt to disinfect the sensor tip of the thermometer by immersing it in alcohol or in hot water (water over 122°F (50°C)).
• This OMRON product is produced under the strict quality system of OMRON HEALTHCARE Co. Ltd., Japan.
• The specifications may be changed without prior notice.
This product is guaranteed by OMRON for 1 years after date of purchase. Any damage caused by improper handling shall not be covered by warranty. Batteries and packaging are also excluded from the warranty. All other damage claims excluded. A warranty claim must be submitted with the purchase receipt.
Questions about your Manual ? Post in the comments!