Easy Wrap ComFit Cuff
Thank you for purchasing the OMRON Easy Wrap ComFit Cuff (HEM-FL31-B). This upper arm cuff is designed for an upper arm circumference size of 9″ to 17″ (22 to 42 cm).
This instruction manual provides you with important information about the OMRON Easy Wrap ComFit Cuff (HEM-FL31-B).
To ensure the safe and proper use of this blood pressure cuff, READ and UNDERSTAND all of these instructions. If you do not understand these instructions or have any questions, contact 1-800-634-4350 before attempting to use this monitor. Please keep these instructions for future reference.
Receiving and Inspection
Remove this cuff from the packaging and inspect for damage. If this cuff is damaged, DO NOT USE and contact 1-800-634-4350.
For symbol information, visit: OmronHealthcare.com/symbols-glossary
2. Important Safety Information
Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, could result in death or serious injury.
- To help avoid strangulation, keep the air tube away from infants, toddlers or children.
- Keep components out of the reach of infants, toddlers or children. This product contains small parts that may cause a choking hazard if swallowed by infants, toddlers or children.
Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, may result in minor or moderate injury to the user or patient, or cause damage to the equipment or other property.
- ONLY use the approved OMRON Blood Pressure Monitor with this cuff. This cuff ONLY works with OMRON Advanced Accuracy blood pressure monitors compatible with the ComFit Cuff style HEM-FL31-B, as noted on cuff sticker where the cuff plugs into the monitor.
- ONLY use this arm cuff model on OMRON monitors with HEM-FL31-B displayed next to the air jack. DO NOT use any other type of arm cuff.
- Remove tight-fitting and thick clothing from your arm while taking a measurement.
- ONLY use the arm cuff on persons whose arm circumference is within the specified range of the cuff.
- DO NOT crease the arm cuff or the air tube excessively.
- DO NOT fold or kink the air tube while taking a measurement. This may cause an injury by interrupting blood flow.
- To unplug the air plug, pull on the plastic air plug at the base of the tube, not the tube itself.
3. Instructions for use
1. Plug the arm cuff into your monitor by inserting the air plug into the air jack securely until it clicks.
2. Apply the arm cuff to your left upper arm.
The bottom edge of the arm cuff should be 0.5 inch (1 – 2 cm) above the inside elbow. The air tube is on the inside of your arm and aligned with your middle finger.
3. Make sure that the air tube is positioned on the inside of your arm and wrap the cuff securely so it can not move around your arm.
Taking measurements on the right arm
The air tube should run along the side of your elbow, along the bottom of your arm. Be careful not to rest your arm on the air tube.
Note: The blood pressure can differ between the right arm and the left arm, and the measured blood pressure readings can be different. OMRON recommends to always use the same arm for measurements. If the readings between both arms differ substantially, check with your physician to determine which arm to use for your measurements.
- Do not use any abrasive or volatile cleaners.
- Use a soft dry cloth or a soft cloth moistened with mild (neutral) detergent to clean the arm cuff and then wipe it with a dry cloth.
- Do not wash or immerse the arm cuff in water.
- Do not use gasoline, thinners or similar solvents to clean the arm cuff.
- Do not store the arm cuff in locations exposed to extreme temperatures, humidity, direct sunlight, dust or corrosive vapors such as bleach.
6. Limited Warranty
Your HEM-FL31-B upper arm cuff is warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship appearing within 1 year from the date of purchase, when used in accordance with the instructions provided with this upper arm cuff.
The above warranty extends only to the original retail purchaser.
We will, at our option, replace without charge any arm cuff covered by the above warranty. Replacement is our only responsibility and your only remedy under the above warranty. To obtain warranty service, contact Customer Service by calling 1-800-634-4350 for the address of the inspection center, the return shipping and handling fee.
THE FOREGOING IS THE SOLE WARRANTY PROVIDED BY OMRON IN CONNECTION WITH THIS PRODUCT, AND OMRON HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND OTHER TERMS THAT MAY BE IMPOSED BY LAW, IF ANY, ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE PERIOD OF THE ABOVE EXPRESS WARRANTY.
OMRON SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR LOSS OF USE OR ANY OTHER SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INDIRECT COSTS, EXPENSES OR DAMAGES.
This warranty provides you with specific legal rights, and you may have other rights that vary by jurisdiction. Because of special local requirements, some of the above limitations and
exclusions may not apply to you.
OMRON HEALTHCARE Co., Ltd.
53, Kunotsubo, Terado-cho, Muko, Kyoto 6170002
OMRON HEALTHCARE, INC.
1925 West Field Court, Lake Forest, IL 60045
Web site: OmronHealthcare.com
Toll free: 1-800-634-4350
© 2019 OMRON HEALTHCARE, INC.
Made in China