Leadership by Design
The Madison/Sturbridge/Trinity/Burton Lamp Post
Check Boxes for These Contents (1 Box)
In the event of missing or defective parts please call our customer service dept. at 1 800 282 9346, ext #20 (Mon. to Fri. 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM EST). (UK Tel: (44) 2038 687160 – Mon. to Fri. 1:00 PM to 10:00 PM GMT)
- Lamp Post Top (1) – 5” x 5“x 58” (12.7 x 12.7 x 147.3 cm) – 10890 White , 14053 Brown
- Post Coupler (1) – 10906 White, 14053 Brown
- Lamp Post Bottom (1) – 5” x 5“x 14” (12.7 x 12.7 x 35.5 cm) – 10889 White, 14052 Brown
- Post Cap (1) – 10789 White, 14051 Brown
- Base Molding Trim Cap (1) – 10764 White, 14055 Brown
- Base Molding Post (1) – 10174-1 White, 14058 Brown
- Base Molding Bottom Insert (1) – 10765 White, 14057 Brown
- 1-1/2” Self -Tapping Screws (4) – 20005 White, 20031 Brown
- Vinyl Weld Glue (1) – 20000 White, 20038 Brown
- Post Trim (1) – Included with the Sturbridge/Burton Lamp Post Only – 10698-1 White, 14029 Brown
Tools You Will Need
- Wheelbarrow or bucket (to mix concrete)
- Tape Measure
- 4×4 Pressure-treated lumber. – 8’ (2.4 m) long
- Two bags of pre-mix concrete. *
* Strongly recommended for the stability of this product.
- Read Instructions carefully before beginning assembly.
- When handling components, place them on a non-abrasive surface (i.e. shipping box) to avoid scratching.
- We recommend an area approx 10’x 8’ (3m x 2.4m) for unobstructed handling.
- Please refer to local codes before installing outdoor lighting. UF-rated cable should be used for underground wiring and all materials should be approved by the Underwriter’s Laboratory (UL). New England Arbors assumes no liability for errors, omissions, or the outcome of any project.
Base Molding Assembly
Apply a generous amount of vinyl glue to the underside of the base molding and the top side of the base molding bottom insert and attach to the base molding post as shown aside.
Lamp Post Assembly
Apply a generous amount of vinyl glue to the ribbed surface of the post coupler as shown and join the two posts as illustrated. Slide the base molding over the lamp post. If you purchased the Madison/ Trinity Lamp Post, proceed to step three. If assembling the Sturbridge/ Burton Lamp post continue to step B.
Slide the post collar down measuring 12 inches from the top of the post. Once the desired height is achieved, make a note of the position of the collar.
Slide the collar UP and out of the way, then apply a generous amount of vinyl glue at the top of where the collar would sit.
Slide the collar back down to its desired height and allow some time for the vinyl glue to set and cure.
Apply a generous amount of vinyl glue to the inside base of the post cap and place it over the top end of the lamp post as illustrated.
Wood Post Installation
Dig 36 in. (91.5 cm) deep in the desired location. Verify the depth of the hole to ensure that the 4×4 wood post will be buried 36 in. (91.5 cm) into the ground. Fill the hole 3/4 full with pre-mix concrete (not included). Insert the post into the concrete and check for level. Allow time for the concrete to set, then fill in the remainder of the hole.
Lamp Post Installation
Lamp Post Installation
If necessary, pre-wire the lamp by running the wire inside the cavity of the post through the universal 3 in. (7.62 cm)collar. If installing a solar lamp, disregard this step.
Slide the lamp post assembly over the wood post.
Line up the one corner of the vinyl post up against the wood post and fasten the two touching sides with the provided screws.
Follow the instructions included with the lamp (purchased separately) and secure it to the round collar on top of the post. You may need to modify how it attaches to the collar.
North America Toll-Free Phone: 1 800 282 9346
United Kingdom Tel: (44) 2038 687160
|New England Arbors Installation Guide|
Madison, Sturbridge, Trinity, Burton, Burton Lamp Post