Naxa Electronics NPB-240 Portable Cd Boombox
Important Safety Information
- Read Instructions: All the safety and operating instructions should be read before the product is operated.
- retain Instructions: The safety and operating instruction should be retained for future reference.
- Heed Warnings: All warnings on the product and in the operating instructions should be adhered to.
- Follow Instructions: All operating and usage instructions should be followed.
- Cleaning: Unplug this product from the wall outlet before cleaning. Do not use liquid cleaners or aerosol cleaners. Use a damp cloth for cleaning.
- Attachments: Use only attachments recommended by the manufacturer. Use of other attachments may be hazardous.
- Water and Moisture: Do not use this product near water (e.g., near a bathtub, washbowl, kitchen sink, laundry tub, wet basements, or near a swimming pool and the like).
- Accessories: Do not place this product on an unstable cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table. Use only with carts, stands, tripods, brackets, or tables recommended by the manufacturer or sold with the product. Any mounting of the product should follow the manufacturer’s instructions and should use a mounting accessory recommended by the manufacturer. A product and cart combination should be moved with care. Quick stops, excessive force, and uneven surfaces may cause the product and cart combination to overturn.
- Ventilation: Slots and openings in the cabinet are provided for ventilation to ensure the reliable operation of the product and to protect it from overheating. These openings should never be blocked by placing the product on a bed, sofa, rug, or another similar surface. This product should not be placed in a built-in installation such as a bookcase or rack unless proper ventilation is provided or the manufacturer’s instructions have been adhered to.
- Power Sources: This product should be operated only from the type of power source indicated on the rating label. If you are not sure of the type of power supply to your home, consult your product dealer or local power company. For products intended to operate from battery power or other sources, refer to the operating instructions.
- Grounding or Polarization: This product may be equipped with a polarized alternating-current line plug that has one blade wider than the other. This plug will only fit into the power outlet in one direction. This is a safety feature. If you are unable to insert the plug fully into the outlet, try reversing the direction of the plug. If the plug should still fail to fit, contact an electrician to replace the obsolete outlet. Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized plug.
- Power-Cord Protection: Power supply cords should be routed so that they are not likely to be walked on or pinched by items placed upon or against them, paying particular attention to cords at plugs, convenience receptacles, and at the point which they exit from the product.
- Protective Attachment Plug: The product may be equipped with an attachment plug with overload protection. This is a safety feature. See the operating instructions for replacement or directions to reset the protective device. If replacement of the plug is required, be sure the service technician has used a replacement plug that has the same overload protection as the original plug as specified by the manufacturer.
- Outdoor Antenna Grounding: If an outside antenna is connected to the product, be sure the antenna system is grounded so as to provide some protection against voltage surges and built-up static charges. Article 810 of the NationalElectrical Code, ANS/NFPA70 provides information with regard to proper grounding of the mast and supporting structure, grounding of the lead-in wire to an antenna-discharge unit, size of grounding conductors, location of the antenna-discharge unit, connection to grounding electrodes, and requirements for the grounding electrode (see figure).
- Lightning: For added protection for this product, unplug it from the wall outlet and disconnect the antenna or cable system during a lightning storm when it is left unattended and unused for long periods of time. This will prevent damage to the product due to lightning or power-line surges.
- Power Lines: An outside antenna system should not be located in the vicinity of overhead power lines or other electric light or power circuits, where it can fall into such power lines or circuits. When installing an outside antenna system, extreme care should be taken to keep from touching such power lines or circuits, as contact with them might be fatal.
- 17. Overloading: Do not overload wall outlets, extension cords, or inte-gral conveniencereceptacles as this can result in a risk of fire or elec-tric shock.
18. Object and Liquid Entry: Never push objects of any kind into this pro-ductthrough openings as they may touch dangerous voltage points or shout-outparts that could result in a fire or electric shock. Never spill liquid of any kindon the product.
19. Servicing: Do not attempt to service this product yourself as open-ing orremoving covers may expose you to dangerous voltage or other hazards.Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel.
20. Damage Requiring Service: Unplug this product from the wall outlet and referservicing to qualified service personnel under the follow-ing conditions:a) when the power-supply or plug is damaged; b) if liquid has been spilledor if objects have fallen into the product; c) if the product has been exposedto rain or water; d) if the product does not operate normally by following theoperating instructions. Adjust only those controls that are covered by theoperating instructions as improper adjustment of other controls may resultin damage and will often require extensive work by a qualified technician to restore the product to its normal operation; e) if the product has been dropped or damaged in any way; f) when the product exhibits a distinct change in performance—this indicates a need for service.
21. Replacement Parts: When replacement parts are required, be sure thatyour service technician has used replacement parts specified by the manufactureror have the same characteristics as the original part. Unauthorizedsubstitutions may result in fire, electric shock, or other hazards.
22. Safety Check: Upon completion of any service or repairs to this product,ask the service technician to perform safety checks to ensure that the productis in proper operating condition.
- 23. Wall or Ceiling Mounting: The product should be mounted to a wall or ceiling only as recommended by the manufacturer.
24. Heat: The product should be situated away from heat sources such as radiators,heat registers, stoves, or other products (including ampli-fiers) thatproduce heat.
In the Box
Please take a moment to make sure that you have everything in the list below. Although we make every effort to ensure that each Naxa device is securely packed and sealed, we know a lot can happen in between us and you. If anything is missing, check back with your local retailer to get immediate assistance. If they cannot help you, please contact our Naxa Support team at www.naxa.com/naxa.support.
- NB-240 portable CD player
- AC power cable
- User manual
Before You Start
Please take note of the following before you start.
- Do not block the ventilation openings or holes.
- Avoid installing the unit in the locations described below:
- Places exposed to direct sunlight or close to heat radiating appliances (such as electric heaters, or on top of other stereo equipment that radiates heat).
- Places lacking ventilation or dusty places.
- Places are subject to constant vibration.
- Places that are humid or moist.
- Operate turning controls and switches as instructed in the manual.
- Before turning on the power for the first time, make sure that the power cord is properly installed.
- Store your tapes or CD in a cool area to avoid damage from heat.
CAUTION: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK, DO NOT REMOVE THE COVER (OR BACK). NO USER-SERVICEABLE PARTS INSIDE, REFER SERVICING TO QUALIFIED SERVICE PERSONNEL.
WARNING: Remove batteries if exhausted or if they will not be used again for a long period. The incorrect use of batteries can cause electrolyte leakage and will corrode the compartment or cause the batteries to burst, therefore:
- Do not mix battery types, e.g. alkaline with zinc carbonate.
- When inserting new batteries, replace all batteries at the same time.
At a Glance
The unit can be powered by AC household power, or by batteries.
This unit operates on AC 120 V ~60 Hz power.
With the included AC power cable, connect the AC power socket  found on the rear of the player to a wall power outlet that provides AC 120V ~60Hz power.
Please be sure the power outlet you plug this unit into is working and receives constant (unswitched) power.
Contact your local power utility if you are not sure which type of power you have.
Do not attempt to operate the radio on any other power source. You could cause damage to the unit and void your warranty.
Install 6 UM-2 “C” size batteries to enjoy music wherever you are.
- Remove the lid from the battery compartment  found on the bottom of the main unit.
- Load six “C” size batteries, taking care to match the polarities marked on the inside of the compartment.
Remove the batteries if they are exhausted or will not be used for a long time.
Do not mix old and new batteries.
Do not mix alkaline, standard (carbon-zinc) or rechargeable (nickel-cadmium) batteries. Batteries contain chemicals that may be regulated by your local government. Dispose of them properly according to regulations.
Turning the Unit On and Off
To turn the unit on, set the FUNCTION switch  to one of the function positions (e.g., CD, AM, FM). The LED screen  will light up.
To turn the unit off, set the FUNCTION switch  to the OFF position.
Adjusting the Volume
Turn the VOLUME dial  clockwise or counter clock-wise to increase or decrease the volume level, respectively.
Using the Radio
Set the FUNCTION switch  to the AM or FM position to start using the radio.
- Select a frequency band.
- To listen to AM stations, set the FUNCTION switch  to the AM position.
- To listen to FM stations, set the FUNCTION switch  to the FM position.
- Turn the Radio Tuning dial  to tune to a radio station; the current station can be seen on the frequency scale printed on the dial.
- Optimize radio reception:
- The antenna is built into the player. Adjust the orientation and position of the player itself to optimize radio reception.
Using the CD Player
Set the FUNCTION switch  to the CD position to start using the CD player.
About Compact Discs
This player is compatible with all digital audio CDs, digital audio CD-Recordable discs (CD-R) and CD-Re-writable discs (CD-RW) that have been finalized, and CD-DA format digital audio CDs.
Only handle a CD by its edge. Avoid touching the label or the playable side with your hands or any other object.
Loading a Disc
- Open the CD compartment . Lift up from the CD door latch found towards the front of the player.
- Load a compatible disc. Place the CD into the compartment with its label facing up.
- Close the CD compartment . Lower the door; the spring hinge will help close the compartment securely.
- The player will attempt to read the disc once the compartment is closed.
- The LED screen  will show the number of playable tracks on the disc.
To ensure good system performance, wait until the player recognizes and reads the disc before proceeding.
- The LED screen  will show the number of playable tracks on the disc.
Playing a Disc
With a compatible disc in the CD compartment :
- Press  to start playback.
- Play will start from track 1.
- To pause playback, press  while a disc is playing.
- The LED screen  will flash the track number.
- Press  again to resume playback.
- To stop playback, press .
- To select a track to play:
- Press  to skip to the next track. The LED screen  will change tracks accordingly.
- Press  to skip back to the previous track.
The LED screen  will change tracks accordingly.
- To scan through a track at high speed:
- Press and hold  during playback. Play will advance quickly through the current track; release the key to resume playback at normal speed.
- Press and hold  during playback. Play will reverse quickly through the current track; release the key to resume playback at normal speed.
You can change the order in which the tracks of a CD are played by pressing the key . To cancel these special playback modes, press  until the Repeat indicator  turns off.
- To repeat a single track, press  until the Repeat indicator  flashes. The current track will replay repeatedly until the play is stopped.
- To repeat all the tracks, press the press  until the Repeat indicator  lights steadily. The player will replay all tracks on the CD until play is stopped
Programming a Playlist
When the CD is stopped, you can select up to 20 CD tracks to play in any order that you choose.
- Press the key  to make sure that the playback has stopped.
- Press . The LED screen  will flash “01” and the Program indicator  will flash.
- Use the REW or FF keys [5, 3] to choose a track to enter into the playlist.
- Press  to save the track into the playlist. The LED screen  will then flash the next playlist track number (e.g., “02”).
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until your playlist is complete.
You can save up to 20 tracks.
- Press . Play will start from the first track in the playlist and the Program indicator  will flash. Play will stop once all of the programmed tracks have been played.
- Press  to stop the programmed playlist, then press  a second time to clear the playlist from the Program memory.
Opening the CD compartment  will clear the playlist from Program memory.
Using the AUX Input
Set the FUNCTION switch  to the CD position to play devices connected to the AUX Input jack .
- Connect the audio source to the player. Use an optional audio patch cable to connect the 3.5mm headphone or line-out jack of the audio source to the 3.5mm AUX Input jack  found on the rear of the player.
- Prepare the player. Set the FUNCTION switch  to the CD position. Turn the VOLUME dial  to lower the volume level.
- Prepare the audio source. Start playback on the device. Set the volume level of the device to approximately 80% of its maximum.
- Adjust the final volume. Turn the VOLUME dial  of the player to set the volume to a comfortable level.
Use the audio source to control playback (e.g., stop, play, next). Use the player to control the volume.
Warnings and Precautions
The lightning flash with arrowhead symbol within an equilateral triangle is intended to aler the user to the presence of uninsulat-ed “dangerous voltage” within the product’s enclosure that may be of significant magnitude to constitute risk of electric shock
The exclamation point within an equilateral triangle is intended to alert the user to the presence of important operation and ser-vicing instructions in the literature accompanying the appliance.
On Protection Against Laser Energy Exposure
- As the laser beam used in this product is harmful to the eyes, do not attempt to disassemble the casing.
- Stop operation immediately if any liquid or solid object should fall into the cabinet.
- Do not put anything in the safety slot. If you do, the laser diode will be ON when the disc compartment door is still open.
- If the unit is not to be used for a long period of time, make sure that all power sources are disconnected from the unit. Remove all batteries from the battery compartment, and unplug the AC-DC adapter from the wall outlet. Make it a practice to remove the AC-DC adapter by grasping the main body and not by pulling the cord.
- This unit employs a laser. The use of controls or adjustment or performance of procedures other than those specified here may result in exposure to hazardous radiation.
- Do not block the ventilation openings or holes.
- Do not place any naked flames (such as lighted candles) on the apparatus.
- When discarding batteries, follow all local rules and laws governing the disposal of batteries. Consider the environmental impact of your actions!
- Invisible laser radiation when open and interlock has failed or been defeated. Avoid direct exposure to the beam.
- To prevent fire or shock hazards, do not expose this appliance to rain or moisture.
Note: Product is improved continuously. We reserve the right to modify the product and specifications without prior notice.
CAUTION ON MODIFICATIONS
Any changes or modifications not expressly approved by the grantee of this device may void the authority granted by the FCC to operate the equipment.
This product contains lead, a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.
This product is equipped with a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other blade) as a safety feature to reduce the risk of electrical shock. This plug will fit into a polarized outlet only one way. This is a safety feature. If you are unable to insert the plug into the electrical outlet, try reversing the plug. If the plug still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Never use the plug with an extension cord unless the plug can be fully inserted into the extension cord. Do not alter the plug. Do not attempt to defeat the safety purpose of the polarized plug.
NEC NATIONAL ELECTRICAL CODE
Dot does not apply oil or petroleum products to this product.
GRAPHIC SYMBOLS WITH SUPPLEMENTARY MARKINGS ARE LOCATED ON THE BOTTOM OF THE UNIT. USE OF ANY CONTROLS OR ADJUSTMENTS OR PERFORMANCE OF PROCEDURES OTHER THAN THOSE HEREIN SPECIFIED MAY RESULT IN HAZARDOUS RADIATION EXPOSURE.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- increase the separation between the equipment and the receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
If you have problems with your device, please consult the instructions in this manual. Please also visit us on the web at www.naxa.com to get up-to-the-minute news, alerts, and documentation for your device. For additional assistance, please contact Naxa Technical Support.
NAXA Technical Support
2320 East 49th St. Vernon, CA 90058
MADE N CHINA
Does this CD player have a repeat button?
It has a Repeat button that allows you to repeat a single track or the entire disk. There is also a Program button that allows you to create a custom playlist, up to 20 tracks.
I don’t know for sure but a little research online makes it look like the answer is NO, unless you first convert all your DVD+r to CD on your computer. Sounds “messy”. This inexpensive unit is apparently made for CDs only.
NO! Only an input jack. It stops working if you plug in headphones. I bought 3 for my students to listen to reading. Now I can’t use!
approximately 8 1/2″ wide x 9 1/2″ deep x 4 1/2″ high
According to The manufacturer, Accessories include an AC power cord. so you can connect to an outlet.
Yes, it has an AM/FM radio.
no and it doesn’t work at all. recommendation fired this manufacturer. I open the box that’s why I dint get it back to you.
Not really sure but it does have a live-in spot to plug in to. I never tried it. Don’t have headphones.
There is a power cord included.