MS ENERGY e-Bike i10 Electric Bike Instruction Manual
Thank you for purchasing the Electric MS Energy Bike.
It is important to read this user manual prior to using your new product for the first time.
In order to fully benefit from this product, please follow the instructions in this user manual very carefully, especially Warning and Safety chapters. Store this user manual in a safe place for future reference. We are sure your new Micro Audio system will satisfy your needs.
This device lives up to the highest standards, innovative technology and high user comfort.
The flash with the symbol of arrowhead, inside an equilateral triangle alerts the user about the presence of a dangerous tension not isolated inside the product which can be sufficiently powerful to constitute a risk of electrocution.
⚠ The point of exclamation inside an equilateral triangle alerts the user about the presence of important operating instructions and maintenance in the document enclosed in the package.
CAUTION RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK DO NOT OPEN ⚠
Do not open the cover of Electric Charger or any other Electric Bike parts. In no case the user is allowed to operate inside the Electric parts. Only a qualified technician from the manufacture is entitled to operate.
⚠ Main plug is used as the disconnect Charger device.
⚠ Incorrect replacement of the battery may lead to the risk, including the replacement of another similar or the same type.
Do not expose batteries to heat such as sun or fire or something like that.
Please read the following safeguards for your Bike and retain for future reference. Always follow all warnings and marked instructions.
This Product full fill all requirements according to EN 15194, EPAC
Max supported speed: 25km/h
Motor power: 250W
1. IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
WARNING! Max. load capacity is 120 kg.
- Electric bike is designed for adult use only. Kids under age 12 are not allowed to ride the e‐bike.
- When riding the e‐bike, always use a helmet, shoes and safety gear such as knee and elbow pads to avoid injury.
- Do not ride without proper training.
- Do not ride at high speeds, on uneven terrain, or on slopes.
- Do not ride after consuming alcohol or drugs!
- You must comply with local laws and give way to pedestrians.
- Whenever you ride this vehicle, you risk injury due to loss of control, collision and falling. In order to ride safely, you must read and follow all instructions and warnings in the user manual
- Electric bike is a personal transport vehicle and it is designed for one person use only. Please do not carry a passenger on the bike.
- It is not designed for professional usage.
WARNING: You should check your bike conditions before riding. Make sure that brakes work well, battery is fully charged, enough tire pressure, no abnormal sound, no screws loosen etc) Correct tightening force on fasteners –nuts, bolts, screws– on your bicycle is important. Too little force, and the fastener may not hold securely. Too much force, and the fastener can strip threads, stretch, deform or break. Either way, incorrect tightening force can result in component failure, which can cause you to loose control and fall.
NOTE: This manual is not intended as a comprehensive use, service, repair or maintenance manual. Please see your dealer for all service, repairs or maintenance.
ATTENTION: This E‐bike is only designed for city road! Riding under non‐urban or free road environment is forbidden!
- Before carefully reading the Manual and understanding the performance of the electric bike, do not use the electric bike, and do not lend it to the persons who can manipulate the electric bike.
- Do not pedal or move the bicycle while the battery charger is connected. If you do, it may cause the power cable to become entangled in the pedals, which may damage the battery charger, the power cable and/or the charging port.
- Do not ride the bicycle if there is a fault with the battery or any component of the pedal assistance system. Otherwise you may lose control and suffer serious injury.
- Do not start moving with one foot on a pedal and the other on the ground and then start riding the bicycle when you have reached a certain speed. Otherwise you may lose control and suffer serious injury. You should only start moving when you are properly seated on the bicycle seat.
- Do not activate the throttle function if the back wheel is not touching the ground. Otherwise, the wheel will rotate in the air at high speed and may cause injury.
- Be sure to check the remaining battery capacity before riding at night. The light powered by the battery pack will go off soon after the remaining battery capacity decreases to the point where riding with assisted power is no longer possible. Riding without a light may increase the risk of injury.
- Do not modify or remove any parts of the pedal assistance system. Do not install non‐original parts or accessories. If you do, they may damage the product, cause a fault or increase the risk of being injured.
- When you stop, make sure that you apply the front and rear brakes and keep your feet on the ground. Leaving one foot on a pedal when stationary could accidentally activate the assisted power function, which could cause you to lose control and suffer serious injury.
- Preparations before riding: wear your helmet, gloves and other protective gears before riding to protect yourself from damage in case of an accident.
- Cycling conditions: ambient temperature of ‐10 to 40C, no wind and flat roads; without frequent start-up and brake, the general running distance may be 40 to 50km (according to the battery capacity).
- Maximum load: the maximum load of the bike is 120kg. If an accident happens when the load is more than 120kg, the company does not undertake any responsibility.
- In case of frequent brake, start-up, uphill, headwind running, muddy roads, overload and others, a large quantity of electric power of the storage battery will be consumed, thus affecting the continued mileage, so we recommend that you avoid the above factors when riding.
- If the storage battery is disabled for a long time, make sure to charge it enough, and it need be additionally charged once if its storage is more than a month.
- Make sure to pay attention: the electric bike can not wade for a long time because if water enters into the controller and motor wheel, it may cause short circuit to damage the electrical appliances!
- Prohibit unauthorized demolition or alteration, and the company is not responsible for all losses resulting.
- The scrapped battery can not be discarded randomly, so as to avoid environmental pollution.
- Never use this battery charger to charge other electrical devices.
- Do not use any other charger or charging method to recharge the batteries of the electric bicycle. Using any other charger may lead to a fire, explosion or damage to the batteries.
- This battery charger may be used by children aged 8 or over and by persons with physical, sensory or mental impairments, or who lack the necessary experience and knowledge, provided that they are supervised and instructed on how to use the battery charger safely and they understand the dangers involved. Do not allow children to
play with the battery charger. Cleaning and maintenance should not be performed by unsupervised children.
- Although the battery charger is water resistant, do not allow it to be submerged in water or other liquids. Furthermore, never use the battery charger if the
terminals are wet.
- Never touch the charger’s power plug, charging port or contacts with wet hands. You may suffer an electric shock.
- Do not touch the charger’s contacts with metal objects. Do not allow any foreign matter to enter, it may cause short circuits in the contacts, which may cause electric shock, a fire or damage to the battery charger.
- Regularly clean any dust off the power plug. Moisture or other problems could reduce the effectiveness of the insulation and cause a fire.
- Never dismantle or modify the battery charger. You may cause a fire or suffer an electric shock.
- Do not use multi‐socket adaptors or extension cables. Using a multi‐socket adaptor or similar may exceed the rated current and cause a fire.
- Do not use with the cable tied up or coiled and do not store with the cable coiled around the body of the main charger. If the cable is damaged it may cause a fire or you may suffer an electric shock.
- Firmly insert the power plug and charging plug in the socket. If the power plug and charging plug are not fully inserted, this may cause a fire due to an electric discharge or overheating.
- Do not use the battery charger near to flammable materials or gases. This may cause a fire or explosion.
- Never cover the battery charger or place objects on it while it is charging. This may lead to internal overheating and cause a fire.
- Do not drop the battery charger or expose it to strong impacts. Otherwise, it may cause a fire or electric shock.
- If the power cable is damaged, stop using the battery charger and take it to an authorised dealer.
- Handle the power cable with care. Plugging in the battery charger indoors while the bicycle is outdoors may lead to the power cable being caught on or damaged by doors or windows.
- Do not pass the wheels of the bicycle over the power cable or plug. Otherwise you may damage the power cable or port.
- In the process of use, pay attention to checking the fastening status of the motor and rear fork, and if a loose phenomenon is found, it should be tightened timely.
- When starting the power supply or meeting a steep slope, use the Pedal to assist as far as possible to reduce the starting current and extend the battery life and continuation line mileage.
- In rainy days, please pay special attention to: when the water depth is more than the wheel center, it is likely for the motor to soak water, thus resulting in failure.
- Users must use the charger specified by manufacturer for charging the storage battery. When charging, put the battery and charger smoothly.
- It is prohibited that other items are covered on the battery box and charger to impede heat, where good ventilation environment should be maintained.
- Please keep appropriate air pressure inside the tires, so as to avoid increasing the resistance when driving, and easily wearing the tires and deforming the Rim.
- Drivers should abide by traffic rules, and the riding speed should be controlled below 25km/h and the goods to be carried shall not exceed Max load for rear rack (if exist).
- When high‐speed running or downhill hard braking, do not use the front brake to avoid the center of gravity from moving ahead, thus resulting in danger.
2. BASIC STRUCTURE AND NAMES
- Break lever, Shifter and Controller with Display
- Steam Safe Lock
- Stem Folder
- Head light
- Front Fork
- Disc Brake
- Chain Wheel
- Chain Wheel Protection Wheel
- Rear Derailleur
- Seat Post clamp
- Seat post
- Back light
- Bike frame folder
- Frame folder Lock
3 UNFOLD THE BIKE
UNISTAL & INSTALL BATTERY
4 OPERATION & LCD DISPLAY CONTROLLER
POWER ON OPERATION
LCD Controller provides a wide array of functions and indicators to fit the user’s needs. The indicated contents are as follows:
Hold „M“ button for 3 seconds to turn the display and the controller on. With display on, hold „M“ for 3 seconds to turn off the power to the e‐bike.
Short press “M” button to switch the display of TRIP‐Single trip mileage , ODO‐ Total mileage and TIME‐Running time.
+ : Long press for 3 seconds to turn on/off the front light Short press to switch Power mode level
‐ : Short press to switch Power mode level
Speed modes (Power mode levels):
Level 3 is the maximum power. The default value is level 1.
5. Operation and adjustment
Introduction to speed boosting system
The speed boosting system is also known as 1:1 boosting system. And the so‐called 1:1 automatic power assisting is that when you do not rotate the speed handlebar but ride only by means of feet, the sensor with your bike will automatically sense your riding speed and control the motor to assist you automatically in a driving force with the same speed, so as to let your ride easier and make the continuation line mileage further.
1:1 boosting system comprises a controller (1), induced cartridge (2) and sensor (3).
As it will last a certain period of time for the ex‐factory, transport and storage of a just purchased new bike, it is likely to result in shortage of the battery power, the battery should be first charged before it is used.
The charger configured or designated by our company must be used for charging; otherwise it might damage the battery, and may even lead to fire and other danger, but no warranty is provided by our company.
Installation and charging of battery
- Check carefully whether the rated input voltage of the charger is consistent with the voltage of the power grid. Please read safety warnings about usage of Charger and Battery in the IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS chapter.
- The battery can be directly put on the bike for charging and can also be taken down from the bike to be charged indoors and at other appropriate places.
If you want to charge the battery separately, to remove the battery, first unlock battery with key, then lift the battery handle and pull the battery out. When installing battery, lock the battery with key and take the key away, press battery handle to be flat ,and unfold the bike frame.
- Connect first the output plug of the charger with the charging jack of the battery properly, and then connect the input plug of the charger to the AC power supply.
- At this time, the power indicator light and the charge indicator light of the charger are on, indicating that the charging has been connected.
- After charging, should first pull out the AC power plug, and then pull out the plug connected with the battery.
After the battery is fully discharged, the one‐time charging time is 4 to 5 hours, and after the charge indicator light is red from green, the power capacity of the battery has been basically sufficient.
Due to the capacity fade mechanisms of Lithium‐Ion battery ,the battery capacity will fade at different temperatures , at ‐10Ԩ the capacity will be 70% , at 0Ԩ the capacity will be 80% , at 20Ԩ the capacity will be 100%
A new bike had best be re‐charged for (5 to 6 hours) after depth discharging since charging for the first time, and the one‐week depth charging and discharging is a cycle to fully activate the active substances inside the battery. Later, it can be re‐charged even if its power is not used up.
Common sense of charging and use
The battery should be charged in a spacious environment, staying away from high temperature, high humidity and close fire, because the battery and the charger are electronic products, high temperature and humidity will corrode electronic components, resulting in some harmful gases and soot, and even a possible explosion to wound.
* The charging time should not be too long. A long charging will lead to shortened life expectancy of the battery.
* After the battery is fully charged, the power supply should be pulled out as soon as possible, and at the same time, the battery is taken out of the charger.
* When the battery is not used for a long term, the battery power should be emptied before the battery is preserved, and it is re‐charged once every month or so.
The Derailleur is separately positioned on side of the Brake handle.
When the forward speed grip rotates to the riding direction, small teeth change to big teeth, and on the contrary small teeth change to big teeth.
Note: The picture of the Derailleur is for illustration only.
6 Use and maintenance
Routine inspection of electric bike before use
- Install the battery box in the slot of the battery box, open the power supply switch and check whether the functions of all the electrical appliances are normal.
- Safety inspection (see the notes to safe use in the Manual)
- Check whether the governor switch handle rotates and is reset flexibly.
- Check whether the braking power‐off function and braking effect are in good condition (dry braking distance 4m, wet braking distance 15m).
Everyday use and inspection of electric bike
In everyday use of the electric bike, a number of mechanical, electrical parts will be worn, screws and other fasteners are also easy to loose and the functions of the electrical appliances would be lost. If the occurrence of these phenomena is not noted, it is prone to failure, and it is also prone to the risk when cycling, so drivers must be responsible for inspection and maintenance in peacetime.
In order to ensure traffic safety, from time to time, check whether all the electrical appliances work properly, whether there is any lost wire and whether mechanical parts are normal, and clean, wipe, oil the chain, fluted disc, flywheel and Derailleur regularly (consult your supplier for the model of the oil product) so as to maintain the normal function of each part at any time.
Regularly check each screw of the e bike and to be tightened, and tighten it regularly; (Screw torque of each main position: the head tube screw: 180‐ 220kgf.cm; Saddle screw: 180‐220kgf.cm; front wheel nut: 250‐300kgf.cm; rear wheel nut: 300‐350kgf.cm)
Chain elastic standard: chain up and down ≤ 10mm; if the chain is loose, the rear wheel nut can be loosened, the chain tensioner can be adjusted to the chain fastening state, and the rear wheel nut can be tightened. If the disc brakes and the disc plate friction, adjusting the position to make them no interference friction.
If the disc plate skew heavy or the disc brake is disabled, then the disc or disc brake needs to be replaced.
Every 3 months, apply grease to the frame folding wrench screws and maintain the chain smear chain anti‐rust oil.
Do not flush the e bike with water to avoid accidents caused by internal electronic components and wiring.
Table of regular inspection and maintenance
Note: the above table is for general reference, and an appropriate maintenance cycle should be shortened or extended based on the working environment, using frequency, the quality and new old rate of electric bike and other conditions;
7 Riding technology
A correct cycling posture is the mother to safety: the riding posture is determined by the position of figure and shadow of the contact point (handlebar, seat, Pedal) of the bicyclist and bicycle. However the posture is closely related to the height and size of the bicyclist. So a single‐bicycle cycling posture not only determines the efficiency of muscle contraction movement, but at the same time determines whether the bicyclist can manipulate the handlebar and brake safely. Therefore, a correct cycling position is the mother to safety. The safe cycling techniques are described one by one in the following:
- Adjust three points to suit your body; bicycling is just like doing the clothes, and it is necessary to measure the figure and make adjustments. The method of adjusting three points is a combination of bicycle sport mechanics, exercise physiology and safety driving three principles.
- Adjust the position of the seat: tread the Pedal downward by heel to enable all muscle of the lower extremity joints contracts smoothly, and at the same time the principle is the legs can slightly stretch straight.
- Front and rear position: tread the position of the Pedal to the inclined 45°, and then adjust the seat before and after, to tie in with the greatest position of the Pedal as the principle.
- Adjust the front and rear and the height of the handlebar: for the height of the handlebar, in general, the up warping type handle is about 30 to 50mm higher than the seat, and the flat type handle is the same high as the seat. The top of the below curved type is the same height as the seat. After adjusting, pay attention to the direction of the handlebar and then lock.
- Sitting posture on the seat: similar to the posture on horseback, the weight is scattered on the handlebar and Pedal, and all the weight must not be placed above to prevent the pain in the hip.
- Skills of the Pedal: the position of the foot is one third in the front of the length of shoes, and it is the most appropriate to fall on the middle of the Pedal. Feet must be parallel with the centreline of the bike, and it will diminish the efficiency of the Pedal if the feet are too open or narrow; the speed should maintain uniform, or else the drivers may feel tired; it in particular notes that the hook pulling action of the latter part will hook the Pedal up.
- Slowdown technology: the speed change gear slows down but does not accelerate, as is to seek for the stability of the number of change is used for more labour-saving and comfortable, and the time for speed change is 1: climbing, 2: uphill, 3: uneven road surface, 4: against the wind and 5: when feeling tired. It can also be said the time is when feeling not comfortable in the process of riding. revolutions of the Pedal, so as to relieve the fatigue arising from uneven force.
- Brake technology: as we all know the principle of hard braking is first stopping the brake and then stopping the bike, then stopping the front brake, but in case of an emergency, everyone will stop all together. If the braking distance is appropriate, the bike can stop securely; if the slowdown is too fast, people often would be thrown forward and in order to prevent this danger, the best way is intermittent braking, and meanwhile the hip is pushed backward. In rainy days, increase the braking distance due in safety and reduce the running speed.
If your Bike does not operate as usual or appears to be faulty please read carefully this section. Many operational issues can be resolved by users. This simple procedure helps in restoring stable conditions for electric circuits. Please contact Manufacturer Customer Care if the problem is unresolved or you have other concerns.
9 Technical Specifications
Since the product is improved continuously, the specification and instruction in this manual are subject to change without separate notice.
* May vary, depending on driving conditions, terrain configuration, driver weight etc…
Adapter shall be installed near the equipment and shall be easily accessible. The AC plug considered as disconnect device of adapter.
Adapter: FY0634201500 100‐240V~50/60Hz AC / 42V DC / 1.5A
Output Power: 63.0W Max
Average active efficiency: 89,48%
Efficiency at low load (25%) 86,74%
No‐load power consumption: 0,14W (Max)
Information on Disposal for Users of Waste Electrical &
Electronic Equipment (private households)
This symbol on the product(s) and / or accompanying documents means that used electrical and electronic products should not be mixed with general household waste. For proper treatment, recovery and recycling, please take this product(s) to designated collection points where it will be accepted free of charge. Alternatively, in some countries you may be able to return your products to your local retailer upon purchase of an equivalent new product. Disposing of this product correctly will help save valuable resources and prevent any potential negative effects on human health and the environment, which could otherwise arise from inappropriate waste handling. Please contact your local authority for further details of your nearest designated collection point. Penalties may be applicable for incorrect disposal of this waste, in accordance with your national legislation.
Disposal of waste batteries
Check local regulations for disposal of waste batteries or call your local customer service in order to get instructions on the disposal of old and used batteries. The batteries in this product should not be disposed of with household waste. Be sure to dispose of old batteries in special places for disposal of used batteries that are found in all retail shops where you can buy batteries.
EU Declaration of Conformity
Hereby, M SAN Grupa d.d. declares that the radio equipment
type TV set is in compliance with Directive
- Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC
- LVD Directive 2014/35/EU
- EMC Directive 2014/30/EU
- RoHS Directive 2011/65/EU.
The full text of the EU declaration of conformity is available at the following internet address: www.msan.hr/dokumentacijaartikala
Documents / Resources
|MS ENERGY e-Bike i10 Electric Bike [pdf] Instruction Manual|
e-Bike i10 Electric Bike, e-Bike i10, Electric Bike, Bike
- M SAN Grupa - download dokumentacije artikala
- Homepage - Pakom Macedonia
- Msan Eko - Što je EE otpad?
- M SAN Grupa - download dokumentacije artikala
- MR Servis > Home
- Szerviz Budapest XIV. kerületében, Zuglóban - Szellemkép Bt.
- Naslovnica - MSAN.hr
- MS Front page - MS
- Békéltető testületek