Motorola PMLN5641, PMLN5642 Surveillance Kit User Guide
The PMLN5641 and PMLN5642 is a two-wire surveillance style accessory with one wire for listening through an acoustic tube and another separate wire for transmitting using an integrated microphone/PTT housing.
The Clear Acoustic Tube snaps on to the earbud for enhanced discrete communication. The integrated microphone/PTT comes with a clothes clip allowing you to wear it under your uniform for more discreet covert operations, yet giving the flexibility of hands-free communication.
Note: It is the user’s responsibility to ensure that the chosen accessory is suitable for his/ her intended use.
Attaching and Removing the Surveillance Accessory to the Terminal
- Always turn the terminal OFF before connecting the accessory.
- Firmly plug the accessory connector into the terminal accessory jack at the side of the terminal. Secure the connector with the captive screw (see Figure 1).
- Turn the terminal ON – make sure you do not set the volume level too high.
NOTE: Once the accessory is connected, the terminal microphone and speaker are disabled.
- Place the accessory in the ear.
- Adjust the volume on the terminal to a comfortable listening level.
- Press the Push-to-Talk (PTT) button, and speak into microphone to confirm that the two-way communication works (the terminal’s green LED illuminates).
- To receive information, release the button.
- Always turn your terminal OFF before disconnecting the accessory.
- Release the captive screw before removing the accessory connector.
Exposure to loud noises from any source for extended periods of time may temporarily or permanently affect your hearing. The louder the radio’s volume, the less time is required before your hearing could be affected. Hearing damage from loud noise is sometimes undetectable at first and can have a cumulative effect.
To protect your hearing:
- Use the lowest volume necessary to do your job.
- Turn up the volume only if you are in noisy surroundings.
- Turn down the volume before connecting headset or earpiece.
- Limit the amount of time you use headsets or earpieces at high volume.
- When using the radio without a headset or earpiece, do not place the radio’s speaker directly against your ear.
The replacement shown in Table 1 is available for the PMLN5641 and PMLN5642. Please contact your local Motorola Solutions Representative or Dealer for details.
Table 1. Replacement Part
|Part Description||Part Number|
|Clear Acoustic Tube Earpiece, Assembly||PMLN4605|
MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
© 2010 and 2020 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Czerwone Maki 82,
30-392 Krakow, Poland.
Documents / Resources
|motorola PMLN5641 Surveillance Kit with Translucent Tube [pdf] User Guide|
PMLN5641, PMLN5642, PMLN5641 Surveillance Kit with Translucent Tube, Surveillance Kit with Translucent Tube, Translucent Tube Surveillance Kit