MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS PMLN6530 2-Wire Surveillance Kit with Clear Acoustic
RF Energy Exposure and Product Safety Guide for Portable Two-Way Radios
Before using this product, read the RF Energy Exposure and Product Safety Guide that ships with the radio which contains instructions for safe usage and RF energy awareness and control for compliance with applicable standards and regulation.
Exposure to loud noises from any source for extended periods of time may temporarily or permanently affect your hearing. The louder the radio’s volume, the less time is required before your hearing could be affected. Hearing damage from loud noise is sometimes undetectable at first and can have a cumulative effect.
To protect your hearing:
- Use the lowest volume necessary to do your job.
- Turn up the volume only if you are in noisy surroundings.
- Turn down the volume before connecting headset or earpiece.
- Limit the amount of time you use headsets or earpieces at high volume.
- When using the radio without a headset or earpiece, do not place the radio’s speaker directly against your ear.
The PMLN6530 and PMLN6445 is two-wire surveillance style accessory with one wire for listening through an acoustic tube and another separate wire for transmitting using an integrated microphone/PTT housing.
The Clear Acoustic Tube snaps on the earbud part of the kit for enhanced discrete communication. The integrated microphone/PTT comes with a clothes clip allowing you to wear it under your uniform for more discreet covert operations, yet giving the flexibility of hands-free communication.
NOTE: It is the user’s responsibility to ensure that the chosen accessory is suitable for his/her intended use.
Attaching and Removing the Surveillance Accessory to the Radio
- Always turn the radio OFF before connecting the accessory.
- Plug the accessory connector into the radio.
- Turn the radio ON – make sure you do not set the volume level too high.
NOTE: Once the accessory is connected, the radio’s microphone and radio’s speaker will be disabled. User must use the accessory microphone and acoustic tube rubber ear tip to transmit and listen on incoming calls.
- Insert rubber ear tip into the ear with the inverted “U” tube hanging over the top of the ear lobe and the coiled air tube running behind the ear lobe.
- Adjust the volume on the radio to a comfortable listening level.
- Press the Push-to-Talk (PTT) button, and speak into microphone to confirm that the two-way communication works (the radio-in-transmission light (LED) will be illuminated).
- To receive, release the button.
- Always turn your radio OFF before disconnecting the accessory.
Digital Symbol Marking Radios with this “Digital Symbol” are digital capable radios and require the use of accessories with the same “Digital Symbol”. These accessories with the “Digital Symbol” have been optimized for digital audio Transmit and Receive. Use of non-approved accessories may result in degradation of audio quality.
The replacement shown below is available for the PMLN6530 and PMLN6445. Please contact your local Motorola Solutions Representative or Dealer for details.
|RLN6242||Clear Acoustic Tube Earpiece, Assembly|
12 MONTHS LIMITED WARRANTY Motorola Solutions warrants enclosed product against manufacturing defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service for 365 days provided it is returned in accordance with this warranty. If defective, the product will be repaired or replace at Motorola Solutions option, at no charge, with dated proof of purchase. This warranty does not cover defects or damage resulting from: Misuse, improper operation, unauthorized modification, liquid, batteries or normal wear and tear.
MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
© 2013 and 2021 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Documents / Resources
|MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS PMLN6530 2-Wire Surveillance Kit with Clear Acoustic [pdf] User Guide|
PMLN6530, PMLN6445, 2-Wire Surveillance Kit with Clear Acoustic