Monoprice Blackbird 4K HDBaseT Extender Kit
- MODEL: 41097
- MAXIMUM VIDEO RESOLUTION: [email protected] YCbCr 4:4:4, including [email protected] YCbCr 4:4:4, [email protected], all HDMI 3D formats, and PC video up to 1920×1200
- SUPPORTED COLOR SPACES: RGB, YCbCr 4:4:4, YCbCr 4:2:2, YCbCr 4:2:0
- HDMI® VERSION: 2.0, HDCP™ Version 2.2 and 1.4
- VIDEO BANDWIDTH: 18Gbps
- COLOR DEPTH: 8/10/12-bit: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] YCbCr 4:2:2/4:2:0 8-bit: [email protected] YCbCr 4:4:4,
- TRANSMISSION METHOD: HDBaseT™
- MAXIMUM TRANSMISSION DISTANCES: [email protected]: 394 feet (120 meters) [email protected]: 492 feet (150 meters)
- Maximum HDMI® Cable Length: [email protected]: 10 feet (3 meters) [email protected]: 32 feet (10 meters) [email protected]: 49 feet (15 meters) Input Power 24 VDC, 1A AC Adapter
- INPUT POWER: 100 ~ 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- MAXIMUM POWER CONSUMPTION: 9.36 watts
- OPERATING TEMPERATURE: +32 ~ +104°F (0 ~ +40°C)
- STORAGE TEMPERATURE: -4 ~ +140°F (-20 ~ +60°C)
- OPERATING HUMIDITY: 20 ~ 90% RH, noncondensing
- DIMENSIONS (EACH): 5.5″ x 2.6″ x 0.7″ (140 x 65 x 18 mm),
- TRANSMITTER WEIGHT: 5.6 oz. (160g)
- RECEIVER WEIGHT 5.5 oz. (155g)
With this Blackbird 4K HDBaseT Extender Kit, you can transmit video signals over a single Cat6 Ethernet connection up to 394 feet away. It meets with the requirements of HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 and can handle up to 18Gbps of data. It is capable of using the Power over Connection function, which enables either the transmitter or receiver to obtain power from the other device via the Ethernet cable that connects the two devices. The receiver has an analogue audio output for connecting an external amplifier or powered speakers to amplify the audio that has been de-embedded from the HDMI signal. The transmitter has an HDMI loop output for attaching a local display. It features two IR transmitters, two IR receivers, and two Euro block connections for the RS-232 and enables bidirectional IR and pass-through.
SAFETY WARNINGS AND GUIDELINES
Please read this entire manual before using this device, paying extra attention to these safety warnings and guidelines. Please keep this manual in a safe place for future reference.
- This device is intended for indoor use only.
- Do not expose this device to water or moisture of any kind. Do not place drinks or other containers with moisture on or near the device. If moisture does get in or on the device, immediately unplug it from the power outlet and allow it to fully dry before reapplying power.
- Do not touch the device, the power cord, or any other connected cables with wet hands.
- Do not expose this device to excessive vibration.
- Do not subject the product to extreme force, shock, or fluctuations in temperature or humidity.
- Do not expose this device to excessively high temperatures. Do not place it in, on, or near a heat source, such as a fireplace, stove, radiator, etc. Do not leave it in direct sunlight.
- This device ventilates excessive heat through the slots and openings in the case. Do not block or cover these openings. Ensure that the device is in an open area where it can get sufficient airflow to keep from overheating.
- Prior to operation, check the unit and power cord for physical damage. Do not use if physical damage has occurred.
- Before plugging the unit into a power outlet, ensure that the outlet provides the same type and level of power required by the device.
- Never unplug the unit by pulling on the power cord. Always grasp the connector head or adapter body.
- Ensure that power is turned off and disconnected before making any electrical connections.
- Clean using a soft, dry cloth only. Do not use chemical cleaners, solvents, or detergents. For stubborn deposits, moisten the cloth with warm water.
- This device has no user serviceable parts. Do not attempt to open, service, or modify this device.
- Compliant with the HDMI® 2.0, HDCP™ 2.2/1.4, and DVI™ 1.0 standards
- Supports 18Gbps bandwidth
- Extends [email protected] video to distances up to 394 feet (120 meters) and [email protected] signals to distances up to 492 feet (150 meters)
- Includes an HDMI loop pass-through output on the transmitter
- Includes a stereo analog audio output on the receiver for separate amplification of audio de-embedded from the HDMI signal
- Supports bidirectional IR, RS-232, and CEC pass-through
- Supports HDR, HDR10+, Dolby Vision™, and Hybrid LogGamma (HLG)
- Supports the Power over Cable (PoC) feature
The Monoprice Customer Service department is dedicated to ensuring that your ordering, purchasing, and delivery experience is second to none. If you have any problem with your order, please give us an opportunity to make it right. You can contact a Monoprice Customer Service representative through the Live Chat link on our website www.monoprice.com or via email at [email protected]. Check the website for support times and links.
Please take an inventory of the package contents to ensure you have all the items listed below. If anything is missing or damaged, please contact Monoprice Customer Service for a replacement.
- 1x HDBaseT™ Transmitter
- 1x HDBaseT Receiver
- 2x IR Transmitter
- 2x IR Receiver
- 4x Mounting Ears
- 2x 3-pin Euroblock Terminals
- 1x AC Power Adapter (24 VDC, 1A)
- 1x User’s Manual
The LED illuminates red when power is applied.
- SERVICE: Micro USB port for performing firmware updates.
- DC 24V: DC barrel connector for connecting the included AC power adapter. Note that this extender kit supports the Power over Cable (PoC) feature and therefore only includes a single AC power adapter. • HDBT OUT: RJ45 jack for connecting a Cat6 Ethernet cable (not included) to the receiver.
The LED on the left indicates the HDBaseT™ connection status. It illuminates fully when there is a good connection to the receiver, flashes when the connection is poor, and is dark when there is no connection.
The LED on the right indicates the data status. It illuminates fully when the HDMI® signal contains HDCP™, flashes when the signal does not have HDCP, and is dark when there is no HDMI signal.
- HDMI OUT: HDMI loop pass-through output for connecting a local display.
- HDMI IN: HDMI input port for connecting the video source device (e.g., DVD player, cable box, Blu-ray Disc™ player, etc.).
- IR IN: 3.5mm jack for connecting one of the included IR receivers.
- IR OUT: 3.5mm jack for connecting one of the included IR transmitters.
- RS-232: 3-pin terminal block for RS-232 pass-through to or from the receiver.
SAMPLE CONNECTION DIAGRAM
The following diagram illustrates the connection and operation of IR pass-through.
Monoprice is pleased to provide free, live, online technical support to assist you with any questions you may have about installation, setup, troubleshooting, or product recommendations. If you ever need assistance with your new product, please come online to talk to one of our friendly and knowledgeable Tech Support Associates. Technical support is available through the online chat button on our website www.monoprice.com or through email by sending a message to [email protected]. Check the website for support times and links.
Notice for FCC
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Modifying the equipment without Monoprice’s authorization may result in the equipment no longer complying with FCC requirements for Class B digital devices. In that event, your right to use the equipment may be limited by FCC regulations, and you may be required to correct any interference to radio or television communications at your own expense. 16 This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
- Is Monoprice a reputable business?
With 410 reviews and an average rating of 3.86 stars, consumers seem to be generally happy with their purchases from Monoprice. Customer service, good quality, and top notch are mentioned by delighted customers of Monoprice most frequently. Among Cables sites, Monoprice is ranked second.
- Where did Monoprice go?
Monoprice.com, a major supplier of audio visual cabling, has shut down its website and may keep it offline for a few weeks while it looks into suspected credit and debit card data breaches.
- Is Monoprice a US-based business?
An American internet shop by the name of Monoprice offers name-brand consumer electronics as well as generic-branded items under its own private label. Rancho Cucamonga, California serves as the company’s headquarters.
- Monoprice: Is it moral?
The abolition of slavery and human trafficking is a top priority for Monoprice. We support the protection of human rights and reject doing business with organization’s who do not share these beliefs.
- Monolith speakers are created by who?
Three THX-certified on-wall home theatre speakers are now part of Monoprice’s Monolith line. California, Brea, 5 April 2022 -Three new THX® Certified Compact home theatre speaker systems have been added by Monolith, the high-end audio brand from Monoprice.
- Where are guitars produced by Monoprice made?
Every guitar sold by Monoprice is manually put up in Southern California.
- Are monolith amplifiers produced by ATI?
ATI is the manufacturer of the Monolith power amplifiers, including my Monolith 7×200. They are based on the AT4000 model. The specs they present are same.
- Does ATI produce monolith amplifiers?
The fact that ATI manufactured the Monoprice Monolith amplifiers and that they look quite similar to the ATI1500 and 1800 series amplifiers in terms of design appears to be common knowledge, however the Monolith amplifiers are only approximately half as expensive as the ATI 1800s.