Outlander Plug-in Hybrid EV 2022 Australia
Outlander Plug-in Hybrid EV (2022) Australia Contents
- What is MITSUBISHI CONNECT?
- Activating your MITSUBISHI CONNECT MiConnect Service
- My MITSUBISHI CONNECT app features
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact us
What is MITSUBISHI CONNECT?
MITSUBISHI CONNECT is a technology platform that intelligently connects you to your Mitsubishi Motors vehicle, and provides services focused on your safety, security and convenience, resulting in a better driving experience.
MITSUBISHI CONNECT is comprised of the following components:
- An embedded Telematics Control Unit equipped with a 4G LTE cellular modem with GPS capability that operates on the Telstra mobile network and is factory-installed within the vehicle.
- An SOS Emergency Assistance button for use in the event of an emergency, and a Call MITSUBISHI MOTORS Assistance button used in the event of a breakdown, or to make inquiries about your MITSUBISHI CONNECT account.
- The “My MITSUBISHI CONNECT” Mobile Application that connects you with your vehicle, can be downloaded from the App Store or Google Play on a compatible Apple or Android device.
MITSUBISHI CONNECT’s MiConnect Safety and Security Services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In addition, the MiConnect remote services enable remote control of your vehicle from your device.
MITSUBISHI CONNECT’s MiConnect services work using wireless communication networks and the Global Positioning System (“GPS”) satellite network, and are therefore subject to the mobile network and GPS availability and may not work in remote or enclosed areas. The area in which you are driving may affect the service that we can provide to you, including but not limited to routing and GPS services like our ability to determine your vehicle’s precise location.
MITSUBISHI CONNECT MiConnect Services
Safety & Security
SOS Emergency Assistance
In the event of an emergency, pushing the SOS button in the cabin initiates a call to the Mitsubishi Assistance center. If required, the agent will contact emergency services (ambulance, fire and/or police) and provide them with your vehicle’s location information. This service is available 24 hours, 7 days a week.
Automatic Collision Assistance
If your vehicle is involved in a collision where an airbag is deployed, or if the collision impact sensor detects a severe impact, the Automatic Collision Assistance system will initiate a voice call to the Mitsubishi Assistance Centre. If required, the agent will contact emergency services (ambulance, fire and/or police) and provide them with your vehicle’s location information. This service is available 24 hours, 7 days a week.
Stolen Vehicle Assistance
Stolen Vehicle Assistance provides you with peace of mind should your vehicle be stolen, by providing the ability for the Police to track your vehicle once you have reported it stolen.
In the event of a breakdown, Roadside Assistance can be requested either by pushing the Call MITSUBISHI MOTORS Assistance button on the vehicle’s infotainment unit. When you request roadside assistance, information about your vehicle, its location and its condition are sent to the Mitsubishi Assistance Centre, where an agent will arrange dispatch of roadside services to your vehicle.Anti-theft Alarm Notification
The Anti-theft Alarm notification function will notify you if your vehicle’s Anti-theft alarm is activated. This is especially useful if you are out of the audible range of the Anti-theft alarm.Curfew Alert
Curfew Alerts allow you to set and receive notifications when your vehicle is being driven outside of a set time period. If the vehicle ignition is turned on outside of the allowed day and time schedules, a message is sent via your preferred notification method (email, text message, or push notification). Up to 5 curfew alerts can be set in the My MITSUBISHI CONNECT app.
note: this feature does not control/limit any functionality of the vehicle.Geo-fence Alert
Geofence Alerts allow you to set and receive a notification if your vehicle leaves a user-defined circular geographical area (Geo-fence). If the vehicle leaves the Geo-fenced area, a notification is sent via your preferred notification method (email, text message, or push notification). Up to 5 Geo-fenced areas can be set in the My MITSUBISHI CONNECT app.
Note: this feature does not control/limit any functionality of the vehicle.Speed Alert
Speed Alerts provide notification if your vehicle exceeds a user-defined speed limit. If the set speed limit is exceeded, a notification (once per trip) is sent via your preferred notification method (email, text message, or push notification). You can set a speed alert in the My MITSUBISHI CONNECT app. Note:this feature does not control/limit any functionality of the vehicle.
Remote Climate Control
Allows you to remotely schedule or start the climate control to bring the interior cabin to a
comfortable temperature prior to your departure.
- Remote Climate Control Scheduler
When you set your departure time in the My MITSUBISHI CONNECT app, your vehicle will schedule the Climate Control to warm or cool the interior of your vehicle to a pre-set temperature before you get in. The set temperature can be adjusted on your vehicle’s infotainment system (refer to the infotainment system owner’s manual for more information). Up to 3 departure schedules can be set in the My MITSUBISHI CONNECT app.
- Remote Climate Control Start
If you are departing outside of a scheduled time, you can immediately start the climate control and set the temperature from the My MITSUBISHI CONNECT app. The climate control will then warm or cool the cabin to the set temperature. If you change your mind, simply press the stop button to turn the climate control off. The climate control will turn off automatically after approximately 30 minutes.
Remote Charge Control
Allows you to remotely schedule or start charging from the My MITSUBISHI CONNECT app, which enables you to take advantage of solar generation or off-peak electricity rates.
- Remote Charge Scheduler*
Up to 3 charging schedules can be set, either in the My MITSUBISHI CONNECT app or from your vehicle’s infotainment system touchscreen.
- Remote Charge Start*
If you need to charge outside of the scheduled times, you can start charging immediately in the MY MITSUBISHI CONNECT app. Charging will stop automatically once charging is complete.
*: Charging cannot start if the charging plug is not connected.
- Plug-in Reminder Notification
If charging is due to start but the charging plug is not connected, you will receive a reminder to connect the charger.
If the charging plug is not connected when the vehicle is locked, a notification can be sent at 5, 15, 30, or 60 minutes after the ignition is turned off. This notification is configured via the vehicle’s infotainment system. For more information, refer to the infotainment system owner’s manual provided with your vehicle. The method of notification (email, text, or push) can be selected in the notifications section of the My MITSUBISHI CONNECT app.
- Charge Complete Notification
Once charging is complete, a notification will be sent according to your notifications preference for remote or scheduled charging.
- Charge only at home
The vehicle can be set to only charge at your chosen home location. Scheduled charging will not start if the vehicle is located outside of the set home location.
Account Information Assistance
If you have an inquiry or concern related to the My MITSUBISHI CONNECT app or your account, you can contact the Mitsubishi Assistance Centre by either pushing the Call MITSUBISHI MOTORS Assistance button on the vehicle’s Infotainment unit, through the Contact Mitsubishi function in the My MITSUBISHI CONNECT mobile application or by calling 1300 13 12 11.
Remote Vehicle Status
Keep track of your Mitsubishi vehicle’s status, including odometer, range to empty, and whether a door, bonnet, or boot is open. All this and more can be found in the Vehicle status page of the My MITSUBISHI CONNECT app.
Your vehicle’s last known location is shown on a map so you can easily get back to it.Distance Tracker
Distance Tracker lets you see how far your vehicle has traveled on each of the past 7 days the vehicle was driven.
Activating your MITSUBISHI CONNECT MiConnect Service
On your device, go to the App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android), search for “My MITSUBISHI CONNECT” and install. Tip: use the QR codes below to go directly to the app install page.
- Open the app and select the [OCEANIA] region and then [AUSTRALIA] and then tap [CONTINUE].
- Tap [LET’S GET STARTED] to start the new account registration process. If you already have a MITSUBISHI CONNECT account, tap [SIGN IN] and go to [Account Settings] to add a new vehicle to your account.
- Ensure your vehicle is in a safe and open location within a 0mobile coverage area that has a clear view of the sky. Start the vehicle, and wait for 60 secs to ensure the vehicle is connected to the (Telstra) Network. Leave the Ignition ON until registration is completed. Tap [SCAN OR ENTER VIN] and then tap [CONTINUE].
- Locate the Vehicle Identification Label inside the front door A-pillars as shown. Using your device’s camera, align the barcode with the barcode shown on your device screen. Alternatively, you can enter the vehicle VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) manually, by selecting [ENTER THE VIN MANUALLY].
- Read the Terms & Conditions and tap [AGREE] to proceed with registration. If you [DECLINE], you will be unable to continue with registration.
- Enter your contact details, (first and last name, email address, and mobile phone number), and then tap [NEXT].
Important: Your Email Address
• The email address entered will be the primary email address used for communications related to your account.
- Enter Your Street Address, Town/Suburb, State, and Postcode, and then tap [NEXT]. Confirm the details entered are correct, and then tap [CONFIRM].
- Create a password used to sign into your account and then select [CONTINUE] and [CONFIRM]. Important: Your Password must contain:
• 8 to 15 characters.
• at least one uppercase letter
• at least one lowercase letter
• at least one special character
• at least one number
- Create an easy-to-remember 4-digit security PIN to protect access to remote operations. Re-enter your 4digit security PIN again and tap [CONTINUE].
- On the vehicle’s infotainment system, press the [Menu] button, then tap [i Info]. [MITSUBISHI CONNECT Services]→[Call MITSUBISHI MOTORS Assistance] to
activate your service.
• Wait for activation. Once complete, you will hear an announcement.
- Your device is now registered with your vehicle. Return to the My MITSUBISHI CONNECT app and tap [CONTINUE].
- Congratulations! Account setup is now complete, and your MITSUBISHI CONNECT service is activated. Tap [SIGN IN] to log in to My MITSUBISHI CONNECT and start exploring the app.
My MITSUBISHI CONNECT Screen Controls
- ACCOUNT SETTINGS: Edit your details, manage your vehicles, set parental controls, manage notifications, get help.
- NOTIFICATIONS: Displays push notifications received.
- CLIMATE CONTROL: This allows you to remotely schedule or start the climate control to bring the interior cabin to a comfortable temperature prior to your departure.
- CHARGE: View drive battery level, EV range, charge plug status, charge time remaining, remotely schedule or start charging
- VEHICLE FINDER: Retrieves your vehicle’s last known location and displays it on a map along with your device location so you can easily get back to it (For more information refer to “Vehicle Finder”).
- STATUS: Retrieves status information from the vehicle. (For more information refer to “Remote Vehicle Status”)
- Vehicle Icon: The vehicle icon indicates your vehicle’s current location.
- Your location: This icon indicates your device location.
- Approximate Position: Displays the approximate address location of your vehicle.
- Centering Function: Centres location of your device on the map.
- Walking Directions: Provides Walking directions from your current location back to your vehicle.
Remote Vehicle Status
- Vehicle Status: Displays status information from the vehicle.
- Distance Tracker: Displays the distance traveled for each of the past 7 days the vehicle was driven.
Help – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Access the online FAQs by tapping Settings Help FAQ in the My MITSUBISHI 0CONNECT app.
- Select  on the Home screen.
- Select [Help].
- Select [FAQ].
For help with your MITSUBISHI CONNECT service, contact the Mitsubishi Assistance Centre on 1300 13 12 11, or tap the Call MITSUBISHI MOTORS Assistance button on your vehicle’s infotainment unit.
Documents / Resources