MEEC TOOLS 725-013 EARTH AUGER
- Do not wear loose-fitting or loose-hanging clothes when using the product. They can get caught in moving parts.
- Wear safety shoes and safety clothing when using the product.
- Always wear ear protection and safety glasses.
- Never use the product if you are under the influence of drugs, alcohol or medication. Nor when you are tired or ill.
- Do not touch the product, the power cord or plug with wet hands.
- Replace worn or damaged parts before using the product.
- Never use the product if guards are defective or if safety devices are not in place.
- Always be very careful when using the product on slopes.
- Do not use the product in rainy or damp weather.
- Keep your hands and feet away from rotating parts.
- Check that all nuts and screws are tight so that the machine is in safe working condition.
- Warning: Risk of personal injury. Keep all of your body away from the rotating auger.
- Make sure you have a firm footing when using the product.
- Always hold the product w ith both hands.
- Do not use the auger near electric cables or telephone lines. Make sure that the distance to nearby lines is at least 3 meters.
- Use a residual current device.
- Service and repairs must be carried out by an authorised service technician.
- Do not use the product if it is damaged or not working properly, or if the power cord or plug is damaged. Never modify the plug in any way.
- A damaged cord or plug must be replaced by an authorized service center or qualified person to ensure safe use.
- Do not dismantle the product or attempt to modify, or repair it.
- Do not use the product near water or naked flames.
- This product can be used by children from eight years and upwards and by persons with physical, sensorial or mental disabilities, or persons who lack experience or knowledge if they are supervised or receive instructions concerning the safe use of the product and understand the risks involved with its use. Do not allow children to play with the product.
- Do not allow children to clean or maintain the product without supervision.
- Never use the product if there are other people or animals within 5 meters.
- Do not move the product when it is running.
- Do not block the ventilation openings on the product -risk of overheating.
Wear ear protection
The declared vibration value, which has been measured by a standardized test method, can be used to compare different tools with each other and for a preliminary assessment of exposure.
The actual vibration level when using power tools may differ from the specified maximum value, depending on how the tool is used. It is, therefore, necessary to determine which safety precautions are required to protect the user, based on an estimate of exposure in actual operating conditions (taking into account all stages of the work cycle, e.g. the time when the tool is switched off and when it is idling, in addition to the start-up time).
- Motor housing
- Left handle
- Bolt and cotter pin for fitting the auger on the motor shaft
- Right handle with start inhibitor and power switch
The product is intended to be used to drill holes in the ground for fence posts, veranda supports, planting of plants, etc. Always hold the product with both hands. The product must only be used for vertical drilling. The product is not intended to be used for drilling in ice, very stony ground, or in areas where there are water pipes, gas pipes, electrical cables or telephone lines.
- Put the auger bit on the outgoing shaft on the machine.
- Fasten the bit with a bolt and cotter pin.
HOW TO USE
- Connect the product to the power supply.
- Put the auger in a vertical position at the required place.
- Place your feet firmly away from the auger.
- Put your hands on the handles on the motor housing.
- Press the start inhibitor and power switch.
- Apply gentle pressure on the handles to increase the drilling force. Lift up the bit at regular intervals to ease up the loose soil from the borehole.
- Do not press too hard on the handles. The auger does not work better under hard pressure.
- Do not use the product to drill in ice.
- Do not use the product to drill in stony ground.
IMPORTANT: Make sure the product is disconnected from the mains when maintaining or servicing.
- Clean the motor housing with a soft cloth moistened with mild soapy water. Wipe the motor housing dry.
- The motor housing must not be cleaned with ammonia, chlorine-based or abrasive cleaners.
- The motor housing must not be cleaned with paraffin, petrol or other similar products.
- Rinse the bit with water. The bit must not be attached to the tool shaft when cleaning – the risk of water penetrating the motor housing.
Store the product in a dry place and out of the reach of children. Store the product in the original packaging if possible.
Documents / Resources
|MEEC TOOLS 725-013 EARTH AUGER [pdf] User Guide|
725-013, EARTH AUGER, AUGER, EARTH