marta MT-4556 Electric Kettle User Manual
Read this manual carefully before using the appliance and save it for future reference.
- When using electrical appliances, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following:
- Read all instructions thoroughly before using the appliance.
- Do not use or store the unit in damp and moist areas where it may come in contact with water.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Do not immerse the unit, cord, plug or power base in water or other liquid.
- Use the handle to carry or move the unit, as the surface may be hot after use and to avoid scalding from hot liquid.
- Use caution to not touch the power base or bottom of the kettle after use to avoid scalding or burns.
- Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is to be used by or near children.
- Unit must be operated on a flat surface away from the edge of counter to prevent accidental tipping.
- Use the appliance only on the voltage specified on the identification plate.
- Do not use the kettle if it has been damaged or modified or appears to have malfunctioned in any way.
- Do not operate the kettle with a damaged or incorrect cord or plug.
- This kettle is intended for heating water only. Use of any other liquids or food may damage the interior and void warranty.
- Do not allow the cord to hang over the edge of the table or counter, or contact any hot surfaces.
- This kettle is designed for Household use only! Do not use outdoors.
- When not in use and before cleaning, disconnect the kettle from the outlet. Allow the kettle to cool completely before attempting to clean.
- Do not remove the lid during the heating cycle. Scalding may occur.
- Do not operate the kettle without water. If the unit overheats, please allow the unit to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Do not fill above the MAX line; this may cause water to overflow, which may cause scalding.
- Steam may damage walls or cabinets, during use turn the spout away from walls toward an open space; use heat resistive pads under the kettle to prevent damage to wood finishes.
- Do not place or use the unit on or near a hot gas or electric burner or in a heated oven.
- Never operate the appliance when the lid is open or removed.
- To remove from the power source, turn the unit OFF and pull the plug from outlet. Never pull by the cord.
- To reduce the risk of fire or electrical shock, do not remove the bottom cover.
- Do not use for kettle for other than intended use.
- To prevent discoloration, do not place tea bags, coffee, instant noodle, or any other liquids or items inside the kettle.
- Do not wash under direct running water as this will damage the control panel. Clean with a soft moist cloth.
- Do no use or store the unit in direct sunlight or near other heat sources (oven, stove, etc.).
- The kettle may have difficulty bringing water to boil when used in high altitudes or extreme cold conditions.
- Do not disassemble or attempt to repair on your own.
PLEASE SAVE THiS INSTRUCTION!
BEFORE FIRST USE
Remove all packaging materials.
Fill kettle to the MAX line and bring to a boil. When the unit completes the boiling cycle, discard the water – repeat the process 2 to 3 times. This will remove any dust or residue remaining from the manufacturing process.
- Remove the unit from base.
- Open the lid.
- Fill the kettle with your desired amount of water, but not less than MIN line. Do not fill above the MAX line.
- Close the lid.
- Place the kettle on base, ensuring that it is correctly engaged.
- Connect cord to power outlet and switch unit ON; the light indicator lights up.
- The kettle will switch off automatically when water has come to a boil.
After use, unplug and empty unused water. Ensure kettle is switched off before removing from base. Heating can be stopped at any time by the operating the switch. As a safety feature, the unit may not start immediately after shutting off. Please allow 15 to 20 seconds for kettle to cool down before switching on again. If kettle ever boils dry, please wait 15 minutes for unit to cool before refilling with cold water. The safety cut-off will automatically reset during this time. Do not open lid when in operation. Steam escaping from the spout is hot. This appliance is only suitable for heating water; do not use any other liquids.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
- Unplug unit before cleaning and allow unit to cool down.
- Wipe the exterior of kettle with a soft cloth. Do not use abrasive scouring pads or cleaning powders as they may scratch the surface.
- Due to scale build up, it is best to descale your kettle weekly. It is recommended to use Citric Acid for descaling. If Citric Acid is not available, you can use the juice of 1 lemon. Fill kettle halfway with Citric Acid/lemon and water mixture. Allow the unit to boil the solution two to three times. Rinse clean and wipe with a soft cloth.
|Power supply ||Power ||Capacity ||Net weight / Gross weigh ||Package size (L х W х H) ||Producer: Cosmos Far View International Limited Room 701, 16 apt, Lane 165, Rainbow North Street, Ningbo, China |
|230 V ~ 50 Hz ||1850 – 2250 W ||1.7 l ||0,98 kg / 1,21 kg ||200 х 180 х 250 mm |
WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER SUPPLIES (filters, ceramic and non-stick coating, rubber seals, etc.)
Production date is available in the serial number located on the identification sticker on the gift box and/or on sticker on the device. The serial number consists of 13 characters, the 4th and 5th characters indicate the month, the 6th and 7th indicate the year of device production.
Producer may change the complete set, appearance, country of manufacture, warranty and technical characteristics of the model without notice. Please check when purchasing device. Current information about service centers is available on the website http://multimarta.com/
GBR Parts list
- Opening lid button
- On/Off button with light indicator
Documents / Resources