LOWES LI8356 LED Illuminated Mirror
ELECTRICAL SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
All connections must be installed by a licensed electrician, in accordance with current building codes. Consult a qualified electrician.
Always switch off the electrical supply at the main during installation and maintenance. It is recommended that the circuit breaker is switched off for the necessary circuit before installation commences.
Fitting in Bathrooms is subject to the appropriate building code Regulations. This product is not suitable for outside zones. It is also NOT suitable for installation in saunas, steam rooms or shower cubicles. This product is only suitable for permanent installation. DO NOT connect to a trailing plug and socket outlet. This product is only suitable for indoor use. DO NOT attach the product to surfaces that are damp or otherwise electrically conductive.
INSTALLATION CARE & SAFETY
Wear suitable eye protection when drilling. Take care when using power tools. Beware of hidden cables or pipes. Take care if drilling on tiled surfaces in case the drill slips. A piece of masking tape applied to the wall before marking out the fixing holes will stop the drill from wandering.
DO NOT strike glass components with hard or pointed items. DO NOT place very hot or very cold items against or in close proximity to glass surfaces unless an adequately thick insulation material is used to prevent such items from coming in contact with the glass. The nominal thickness of the mirror glass used in this product is 1/4” and is felt backed for safety. If the glass becomes chipped or broken replace it immediately.
It is recommended that the unit is cleaned with a soft, dry, non-abrasive cloth when turned off. Never use cleaning agents or abrasive materials on any type of surface finish. DO NOT allow moisture to come into contact with the electrical components
- Remove the packaging careully, do not lose the screws
- Using a level, mark off a horizontal line, and ensure that the ends of the brackets are spaced to the width between the inner edges of the vertical aluminium
extrusions (see illustration 1). Mark off the holes using a pencil.
- Note: Screws supplied are only suitable for stud walls. For drywall walls use special wall fasteners, available from DIY or hardware stores. Seek advice from a specialist about the suitability of screws to be used. Drill the required holes and insert wall screws.
- Screw the bracket to the wall using the screws provided. Please ensure the screws are fully tight but take care not to overtighten.
- Before making any electrical connections it is necessary to turn off the main electricity supply. This unit is provided with a supply cable already This cable should be fitted to the household lighting circuit or to a fused 3 AMP supply. Connections should be made in accordance with the latest regulations. This cabinet is manufactured to CLASS 1 and requires a ground connection.
Light can be controlled by using the to control warm-off-cold of lighting 3-way rocker under the mirror
The next step is to make the electrical connection from the mirror to the mains supply. Use the connection wire found at the rear of the mirror to make the necessary connections. A second person will need to hold the mirror in place whilst electrical connections are made.
THIS PRODUCT IS MANUFACTURED TO CLASS I CATEGORY AND MUST HAVE AN EARTH CONNECTION.
IF IN DOUBT CONSULT YOUR ELECTRICIAN!
Documents / Resources
|LOWES LI8356 LED Illuminated Mirror [pdf] Instruction Manual|
LI8356, LED Illuminated Mirror