Livlab LVLHBBT2020 HoomBand Wireless
We are Livlab,
a team of insomniacs, designers and entrepreneurs, whose mission is to improve your sleep.
To assist us on this journey we sur-rounded ourselves with the best experts (hypnotherapists, sleep doctors, morphologists and sound designers) with the aim of creating a quality audio experience offering both variety and immersive content to help you fall asleep.
As current audio devices available on the market are not well suited to sleeping (large headphones, and un-comfortable earbuds), we decided to create HoomBand, the most comfort-able textile headphone on the market.
HoomBand is more than just a pair of headphones its your new nightly ritual.
- Bluetooth ® (2402-2480MHz) and battery block Bluetooth ® (2402-2480MHz) and battery block
- Flat and adjustable earphones (frequency: 20Hz-20kHz / CE max power output: -1 dBm)
- Thermoformed foam piece for contort
- Stretchable and breathable textile (sizes and head circumferences: S 20-22″, ML 22-24″)
- Open the hook at the back of the headband.
- Plug the micro-USB cable (USB symbol facing you) into the micro USB port on the Bluetooth® module (buttons facing you).
- Plug the micro-USB cable into the USB port on your computer or any USB wall adapter – a green light will blink during charging.
- It’s fully charged when the green light disappears. We recommend charging after every use. Charging typically takes up to 2h.
Low battery (20%)
|Very low battery (5%)|
- Low-battery sound will be turned on once 5 minutes before the product turns off.
- Waiting-for-signal sound is repeated until HoomBand is connected to your device.
Turn the headband inside out to place the inner side facing outwards.
Remove the foam via the rear slot.
Adjust the position of the earphones according to your ears.
Reinsert the foam into the headband making sure that it is correctly centered.
You must be within 3 feet (1 m) of your device. Find the Bluetooth® module at the back of the headband
Hold down the button for 3s until you hear ascending tones through the speakers followed by a double bleeps and a blue light for 5s.
On your device, make sure Bluetooth® is turned on. Look for “HoomBand” and select to pair. Pairing may take up to 15s.
Turn on the headband by holding down the button of the Bluetooth® block.
HoomBand automatically connects to your device if it has been paired.
Open the HoomBand app downloaded from the App Store or Google Play.
Find yourself a comfortable place, choose the story of your choice and place your smartphone on your bedside table. You can download the audio files and activate airplane mode to stay disconnected.
Can I wear HoomBand all night?
Yes, the headband was designed specifically to be worn all night long (comfortable, breathable, etc). You can therefore sleep in whatever position you like.
How should I set the volume?
We do not recommend using the highest volume setting, in order to avoid damaging your hearing. The perfect volume is loud enough to hear the audio content correctly, without it being so loud as to wake you up once you are asleep.
I’m wearing HoomBand but i can still hear things around me, is this normal?
Yes, the earphones are not in-ear and do not fully block your ears like other headphones, this ensures a prolonged comfort during the night. It also means that your ears are not blocked in the case of an emergency or a fire alarm.
Where should I focus my attention?
Part of your attention will automatically be focused on the sounds and hypnotic inductions. It is best to adopt a passive attitude and to let yourself go. This exercise is easy to do and requires almost no mental effort.
Should I try and stop thinking?
No, trying to stop your thoughts is counter-productive. Furthermore, your thoughts are not the reason why you can’t fall asleep, your reaction to them is. Because they are bothering you, you want to stop them. Since this at-tempt is doomed to fail, it will only leave you feeling more frustrated…and less likely to fall asleep ! With the help of our stories available on the HoomBand app, you will be lest caught up in your thoughts that will no longer hold you back from sleeping.
Not sure if fully charged?
While charging, if the green light is blinking, the module is not fully charged. If there is NO light on at all while charging, the Bluetooth® module is fully charged.
- Before washing, remove the foam, the earphones and the Bluetooth® block from inside the headband.
- Wash the textile by hand in warm water.
- Once the headband is completely dry, insert the foam and the earphones back into the headband.
Autonomy of 12h. Be sure to recharge your product every two nights. No worries, without music, the product automatically goes to sleep.
Do not use HoomBand or any of the HoomBand app con-tent whilst operating a motorized vehicle or whilst in an environment where you are unable to hear outside noises that may endanger your own life or the life of others. At full volume, prolonged listening of audio content may cause damage to your hearing. Using Hoomband affects your ability to hear sounds from your surrounding environment at any volume. Please use with caution.
- Products manufactured after the 1st of January 2006 are not considered as household waste. Please take to a approved electronic equipment recycling facility.
- Disclaimer. Not for use for children under 3 years old. The length of the cable presents a risk of strangulations. Small pieces may lead to choking.
- Please lower the volume before using to prevent hearing issues. Do not use at a high volume for prolonged periods.
Any changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment. This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
FCC Radiation Exposure Statement
The device has been evaluated to meet general RF exposure requirement. The device can be used in portable exposure condition without restriction.
Warranty & conditions
The Customer benefits from the warranty against hidden defects during two years. Any return of the product under the above warranty must be with the prior agreement of Livlab. In the event that a manufacturing defect renders the Product unusable, the Customer may contact the Liv-lab After Sales Service at [email protected]. Livlab undertakes to return free of charge the Product in good working order to the Customer, or a replacement thereof. Should the product be out of stock or impossible to repair, the Customer will be offered a replacement or a refund of the initial Product. Any return of the product under the above warranty must be with the prior agreement of Liv-lab. The defective product must be returned in its original packaging, with all its parts and together with its accessories. Any product, which is incomplete, damaged and/or the original packaging of which has deteriorated, will not be taken back or exchanged under this warranty.
The care and washing of the textile product is the responsibility of the customer. In the case of shrinkage or loss of certain properties of the textile from washing, the warranty will not be valid.
You have an idea, a suggestion, or you just want to say hello? Feel free to email us:
Has HoomBand saved your nights? please share your experience and help us improve it.
Documents / Resources
|Livlab LVLHBBT2020 HoomBand Wireless [pdf] User Guide|
LVLHBBT2020, HoomBand Wireless