Lenco MPR-034 Portable FM radio with USB and SD Card Slot
Usage of controls or adjustments or performance of procedures other than those specified herein may result in hazardous radiation exposure.
This unit should not be adjusted or repaired by anyone except qualified service personnel.
PRECAUTIONS BEFORE USE
KEEP THESE INSTRUCTIONS IN MIND:
- Do not use this device near water.
- Clean only with a slightly damp cloth.
- Do not cover or block any ventilation openings. When placing the device on a shelf, leave 5 cm (2”) free space around the whole device.
- Install in accordance with the supplied user manual.
- Don’t step on or pinch the power adaptor. Be very careful, particularly near the plugs and the cable’s exit point. Do not place heavy items on the power adaptor, which may damage it. Keep the entire device out of children’s reach! When playing with the power cable, they can seriously injure themselves.
- Unplug this device during lightning storms or when unused for a long period.
- Keep the device away from heat sources such as radiators, heaters, stoves, candles and other heat-generating products.
- Avoid using the device near strong magnetic fields.
- Electrostatic discharge can disturb the normal usage of this device. If so, simply reset and restart the device following the instruction manual. During file transmission, please handle with care and operate in a static-free environment.
- Warning! Never insert an object into the product through the vents or openings. High voltage flows through the product and inserting an object can cause electric shock and/or short circuit internal parts. For the same reason, do not spill water or liquid on the product.
- Do not use in wet or moist areas such as bathrooms, steamy kitchens or near swimming pools.
- Do not use this device when condensation may occur.
- Although this device is manufactured with the utmost care and checked several times before leaving the factory, it is still possible that problems may occur, as with all electrical appliances. If you notice smoke, an excessive build-up of heat or any other unexpected phenomena, you should disconnect the plug from the main power socket immediately.
- This device must be well ventilated at all time!
- This device must operate on a power source as specified on the specification label. If you are not sure of the type of power supply used in your home, consult your dealer or local power company.
- The socket-outlet must be installed near the equipment and must be easily accessible.
- Do not overload ac outlets or extension cords. Overloading can cause fire or electric shock.
- Devices with class 1 construction should be connected to a main socket outlet with a protective earthed connection.
- Devices with class 2 construction do not require an earthed connection.
- Keep away from rodents. Rodents enjoy biting on power cords.
- Always hold the plug when pulling it out of the main supply socket. Do not pull the power cord. This can cause a short circuit.
- Avoid placing the device on any surfaces that may be subject to vibrations or shocks.
- To protect the device during a thunderstorm, unplug the ac power adaptor.
- When the device is not in use for long periods, unplug the ac power adaptor for safety reasons.
- To clean the device, use a soft dry cloth. Do not use solvents or petrol-based fluids. To remove severe stains, you may use a damp cloth with diluted detergent.
- The supplier is not responsible for damage or lost data caused by malfunction, misuse, modification of the device or battery replacement.
- Do not interrupt the connection when the device is formatting or transferring files. Otherwise, data may be corrupted or lost.
- The usb memory stick should be plugged into the unit directly. Don’t use an usb extension cable because it can cause interference resulting in failing of data.
- The apparatus shall not be exposed to dripping or splashing and make sure that no objects filled with liquids, such as vases, are placed on or near the apparatus.
- To completely disconnect the power input, the main plug of the apparatus shall be disconnected from the mains, as the disconnect device is the main plug of the apparatus.
- The main plug of the apparatus should not be obstructed or should be easily accessed during intended use.
- The battery shall not be exposed to excessive heat such as sunshine, fire or the like.
- A minimum distance of 10cm around the apparatus is needed for sufficient ventilation.
- The ventilation should not be impeded by covering the ventilation openings with items such as newspapers, tablecloths, curtains etc.
- No naked flame sources such as lighted candles should be placed on the apparatus.
- Attention should be drawn to the environmental aspects of battery disposal.
- The apparatus can only be used in moderate extremely cold or climates warm environments and should be avoided.
- The rating label has been marked on the bottom panel of the apparatus.
- This device is not intended for use by people (including children) with physical, sensory or mental disabilities, or a lack of experience and knowledge unless they’re under supervision or have received instructions about the correct use of the device by the person who is responsible for their safety
- Make sure the unit is adjusted to a stable position.
- Damage caused by using this product in an unstable position or by failure to follow any other warning or precaution contained within this user manual will not be covered by warranty.
- Never remove the casing of this apparatus.
- Never place this apparatus on other electrical equipment.
- Do not use or store this product in a place where it is subject to direct sunlight, heat, excessive dust or vibration.
- Do not clean this product with water or other liquids.
- Do not block or cover the slots and holes in the product.
- Do not push foreign objects into the slots or holes in the product.
- Do not allow children access to plastic bags.
- Please check that the voltage on the type plate of your appliance corresponds with your house electricity supply (type plate is located on the back of the unit).
- Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched, particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
- Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
- Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way, such as the power supply cord or the plug, when liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus, when the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
- Do not use a damaged power cord or plug or a loose outlet. Doing so may result in fire or electric shock.
Warning: prolonged exposure to loud sounds from personal music players may lead to temporary or permanent hearing loss.
- NUMERICAL KEYS
- PREVIOUS/PRESET –
- NEXT/PRESET +
- TUNING 10+
- TUNING 10-
- VOLUME +
- VOLUME –
- FUNCTION (MP3/RADIO)
- POWER ON/OFF
- BATTERY COMPARTMENT DOOR (AT BACK)
- HEADPHONE JACK
- USB CONNECTOR
- MICRO SD CARD SLOT; SEE DIRECTION
- DC 5V IN JACK; MICRO USB CONNECTOR
- FM ANTENNA
Open the battery compartment and insert as indicated in the compartment one Rechargeable Battery, Li-ion 3.7V
Connect the unit by inserting the USB cable into DC 5V IN jack, and inserting the other end into the USB interface or USB charger. The charging time is around 2 hours. The charging indicator will flash during battery charging.
To use a 5V AC/DC adapter for external DC charging, plug the connecting cable to the DC jack. AC adapter is not delivered. Do not charge the battery with the AC/DC adapter for more than 24 hours.
If the unit has not been used for a long period of time, the rechargeable battery may be completely discharged into a “sleep mode” condition. These is the characteristics of all the rechargeable battery. For the first time to recharge (to wake up) the battery, it is recommended to charge for a period exceeding 5 hours but not exceeding 24 hours.
- Press POWER to switch on the radio.
- The display shows the radio station details throughout the radio mode.
- Select your station by using TUNING 10+ or TUNING 10-
- Adjust the sound with VOLUME+ or VOLUME-.
- To switch off the radio, press POWER once.
Press TUNING 10+ or TUNING 10- briefly, once or more until the right frequency is found.
- Press and hold down TUNING 10+ or TUNING 10- until the display frequency starts to run.
- When a station of sufficient strength has been found tuning stops, or you can stop automatic tuning by pressing TUNING 10+ or TUNING 10- again.
You can store the frequencies of up to 50 radio stations in the memory. A stored frequency can be erased from the memory by storing another frequency in its place.
- Press and hold down PROGRAM until the display frequency starts to run.
- Tune to your desired station (See TUNING).
- Press PROGRAM once to enter programming mode.
- Press PRESET + or PRESET – to select the desired memory location.
- Press PROGRAM once again to confirm the selected station.
- To listen to a preset station:
press the PRESET + or PRESET – for selecting your desired station.
Input Radio Station
Press Number Keys to direct enter the frequency of the Radio Station. The unit will tune to the entered radio station immediately.
To improve reception:
Pull out the telescopic aerial. To improve the FM Reception incline and turn the aerial, and reduce its length if the FM signal is too strong (very close to a transmitter).
USB, Micro SD Card PLAYBACK
Able to decode and playback all MP3 files stored in the memory media with USB connector, Micro SD Card.
- Press FUNCTION once to MP3 mode.
- Before connecting the USB media to the unit, make sure the port is in the correct direction and will connect. Or insert Micro SD Card straightly without bending.
- The system will automatically start reading the MP3 files in the USB Storage Media, Micro SD Card.
- Press NEXT/PREVIOUS/PLAY Buttons for Next/Previous/PLAY functions.
- Press Number Keys to direct enter the soundtrack sequence.
Wrongly connect the USB Storage Media, or Micro SD Card upside down could damage the unit or the USB Storage Media or Micro SD Card. A locked SD Card cannot detected or playback.
- Power Output: 1W RMS
- Input Power: DC 5V
- Rechargeable Battery: DC Li-ion 3.7V 400mAh
Lenco offers service and warranty in accordance to European law, which means that in case of repairs (both during and after the warranty period) you should contact your local dealer.
Important note: It is not possible to send products that need repairs to Lenco directly.
Important note: If this unit is opened or accessed by a non-official service center in any way, the warranty expires.
This device is not suitable for professional use. In case of professional use, all warranty obligations of the manufacturer will be voided.
Updates to Firmware and/or hardware components are made regularly. Therefore some of the instructions, specifications and pictures in this documentation may differ slightly from your particular situation. All items described in this guide for illustration purposes only and may not apply to a particular situation. No legal right or entitlements may be obtained from the description made in this manual.
Disposal of the Old Device
This symbol indicates that the relevant electrical product or battery should not be disposed of as general household waste in Europe. To ensure the correct waste treatment of the product and battery, please dispose them in accordance to any applicable local laws of requirements for disposal of electrical equipment or batteries. In so doing, you will help to conserve natural resources and improve standards of environmental protection in the treatment and disposal of electrical waste (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive).
For more information and helpdesk support, please visit www.lenco.com Lenco Benelux BV, Thermiekstraat 1a, 6361 HB Nuth, The Netherlands.
Documents / Resources