Model LS-480 / LS-500(V2)
Turntable with built-in amplifier, Bluetooth and speakers
LS-480 Turntable with Built-in Amplifier Bluetooth and Speakers
Usage of controls or adjustments or performance of procedures other than those specified herein may result in hazardous radiation exposure.
PRECAUTIONS BEFORE USE
KEEP THESE INSTRUCTIONS IN MIND:
- Do not cover or block any ventilation openings. When placing the device on a shelf, leave
5 cm (2”) free space around the whole device.
- Install in accordance with the supplied user manual.
- Keep the device away from heat sources such as radiators, heaters, stoves, candles and other heatgenerating products or naked flame. The device can only be used in moderate climates. Extremely cold or warm environments should be avoided. Working temperature between 0° and 35°C.
- Avoid using the device near strong magnetic fields.
- Electrostatic discharge can disturb normal usage of this device. If so, simply reset and restart the device following the instruction manual. During file transmission, please handle with care and operate in a staticfree environment.
- Warning! Never insert an object into the product through the vents or openings. High voltage flows through the product and inserting an object can cause electric shock and/or short circuit internal parts. For the same reason, do not spill water or liquid on the product.
- Do not use in wet or moist areas such as bathrooms, steamy kitchens or near swimming pools.
- The device shall not be exposed to dripping or splashing and make sure that no objects filled with liquids, such as vases, are placed on or near the apparatus.
- Do not use this device when condensation may occur. When the unit is used in a warm wet room with damp, water droplets or condensation may occur inside the unit and the unit may not function properly; let the unit stand in power OFF for 1 or 2 hours before turning on the power: the unit should be dry before getting any power.
- Although this device is manufactured with the utmost care and checked several times before leaving the factory, it is still possible that problems may occur, as with all electrical appliances. If you notice smoke, an excessive build-up of heat or any other unexpected phenomena, you should disconnect the plug from the main power socket immediately.
- This device must operate on a power source as specified on the specification label. If you are not sure of the type of power supply used in your home, consult your dealer or local power company.
- Keep away from animals. Some animals enjoy biting on power cords.
- To clean the device, use a soft dry cloth. Do not use solvents or petrol based fluids. To remove severe stains, you may use a damp cloth with dilute detergent.
- The supplier is not responsible for damage or lost data caused by malfunction, misuse, modification of the device or battery replacement.
- Do not interrupt the connection when the device is formatting or transferring files. Otherwise, data may be corrupted or lost.
- If the unit has USB playback function, the USB memory stick should be plugged into the unit directly. Don’t use an USB extension cable because it can cause interference resulting in failing of data.
- The rating label has been marked on the bottom or back panel of the device.
- This device is not intended for use by people (including children) with physical, sensory or mental disabilities, or a lack of experience and knowledge, unless they’re under supervision or have received instructions about the correct use of the device by the person who is responsible for their safety.
- This product is intended for non professional use only and not for commercial or industrial use.
- Make sure the unit is adjusted to a stable position. Damage caused by using this product in an unstable position vibrations or shocks or by failure to follow any other warning or precaution contained within this user manual will not be covered by warranty.
- Never remove the casing of this device.
- Never place this device on other electrical equipment.
- Do not allow children access to plastic bags.
- Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
- Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the device has been damaged in any way, such as the power supply cord or the plug, when liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the device, when the device has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
- Long exposure to loud sounds from personal music players may lead to temporary or permanent hearing loss.
- If the product is delivered with power cable or AC power adaptor:
• If any trouble occur, disconnect the AC power cord and refer servicing to qualified personnel.
• Don’t step on or pinch the power adaptor. Be very careful, particularly near the plugs and the cable’s exit point. Do not place heavy items on the power adaptor, which may damage it. Keep the entire device out of children’s reach! When playing with the power cable, they can seriously injure themselves.
• Unplug this device during lightning storms or when unused for a long period.
• The socket outlet must be installed near the equipment and must be easily accessible.
• Do not overload ac outlets or extension cords. Overloading can cause fire or electric shock.
• Devices with class 1 construction should be connected to a main socket outlet with a protective earthed connection. Devices with class 2 construction do not require a earthed connection.
• Always hold the plug when pulling it out of the main supply socket. Do not pull the power cord. This can cause a short circuit.
• Do not use a damaged power cord or plug or a loose outlet. Doing so may result in fire or electric shock.
- If the product contains or is delivered with a remote control containing coin/cell batteries:
• “Do not ingest battery, Chemical Burn Hazard” or equivalent working.
• [The remote control supplied with] This product contains a coin/button cell battery. If the battery is swallowed, it can cause severe internal burns in just 2 hours and can lead to death.
• Keep new and used batteries away from children.
• If the battery compartment does not close securely, stop using the product and keep it away from children.
• If you think batteries might have been swallowed or placed inside any part of the body, seek immediate medical attention.
- Caution about the use of Batteries:
• Danger of explosion if battery is incorrectly replaced. Replace only with the same or equivalent type.
• Battery cannot be subjected to high or low extreme temperatures, low air pressure at high altitude during use, storage or transportation.
• Replacement of a battery with an incorrect type that can result in an explosion or the leakage of flammable liquid or gas.
• Disposal of a battery into fire or a hot oven, or mechanically crushing or cutting of a battery, that can result in an explosion.
• Leaving a battery in an extremely high temperature surrounding environment that can result in an explosion or that leakage of flammable liquid or gas.
• A battery subjected to extremely low air pressure that may result in an explosion or the leakage of flammable liquid or gas. Attention should be drawn to the environmental aspects of battery disposal.
- Unpack all parts and remove protective material.
- Do not connect the unit to the mains before checking the mains voltage and before all other connections have been made.
- Place the unit on a flat and level surface. The selected location should be stable and free from vibration.
- Install the turntable lid to the hinges.
- Remove the tie-wrap that is holding the tonearm.
- Put the drive belt around the Turntable Hub, and then use the provided belt hoot to help pull the belt to fit around the slot of motor pulley.
- Place the turntable platter through the turntable spindle.
- Place the slip mat on top of the turntable platter.
- Slide Tonearm Counterweight onto tonearm and twist it lightly onto the rear shaft of the tonearm.
- Adjust the counterweight to set proper stylus pressure.
- Locate the anti-skating weight
- Connect AC-DC adaptor to the Power Jack of the unit.
Note: Do not plug the AC power adaptor to power outlet before all the assembly is completed.
Cartridge Down force Adjustment
The Counterweight supplied is suitable for cartridges weighing between 3.0-6.0g.
Gently push and turn the Counterweight onto the rear of the tonearm (with the scale facing toward the front of the turntable).
Remove the cartridge protection cap.
Lower the tonearm lift and position the cartridge in the space between tonearm rest and platter.
Carefully rotate the Counterweight until the tonearm balances out. The tonearm should return to the balanced position if it is moved up or down. This adjustment must be done carefully.
Once the tonearm is correctly balanced return it to its’ rest. Hold the Counterweight without moving it, and gently rotate the Down force Scale ring until the zero is in line with black line on the rear of the tonearm. Check whether the arm still balances out.Rotate the counterweight counter clockwise (seen from the front) to adjust the down force according to the cartridge manufacturer’s recommendations. One mark on the scale represents 0.05g of down force.NOTE: The recommended down force for the factory fitted cartridge is 3.0±0.5g.
Locate the anti-skating weight
You will find a anti-skating weight with small fishing line from the package, please follow below steps to locate the anti-skating weight:
- Slip the looped end of the fishing line over the anti-skating weight adjustment stub and into the 3rd groove (the correct anti-skating force for the factory-fitted cartridge).
- Pull the anti-skating weight slightly to let the tie of the fishing line move to the stub.
- Lift the anti-skating weight over the anti-skating weight wire support. The anti-skating weight should now bedangling in free space to the left of support.The anti-skating force must be adjusted corresponding to the down force as follows:
|Down force ||Groove in the stub |
|2 – 2.5g ||1 st from bearing rings |
|2.5 – 3g ||2 nd ” ” “ |
|3 – 3.5g ||3 rd ” ” “ |
|3.5 – 4g ||4 th ” ” “ |
Stereo System Connection
- The RCA Jacks of this unit are shared as both the Phono output jacks and the Line output jacks. They are determined by the Phono/Line Switch.
- When used as a line output, the jacks output analog line-level signals and could be connected directly with a pair of active speakers or the appropriate input of your stereo system. When used as a Phono output, they should be connected to the phono pre-amplifier or the phono input of the stereo system.
- The Red plug connects with the Right channel and the White plug connects with the Left channel.
- If the Phono/Line switch is set at LINE position but RCA jacks connected to the stereo system’s phono input, the sound might be distorted due to input overload and could damage your stereo system.
- If the Phono/Line switch is set at PHONO position but RCA jacks connected to the stereo system’s line input, the volume will be very low due to lacking signal pre-amplification.
RCA Jack is not designed to be connected directly to the passive/unpowered speakers and if it does, the volume will be very low.
The spring clip speaker terminals deliver amplified, speaker-level signals as output and should be connected with the passive speakers.
- Press and hold the ON/OFF& MODE button for 3 seconds to turn on the power.
- Press the ON/OFF& MODE button again to choose Bluetooth mode, the indicator will light in blue. You will hear an activation sound from the unit. Turn on the Bluetooth feature of your audio device, search for “Lenco LS-480 / Lenco LS-500” and pair.
- Once your device is successfully paired with the unit, you will hear a short confirmation sound from the unit. 4. Play and stream music from your device to the unit. Note: Bluetooth version – 5.0
This product has a bluetooth reception function, you can not transmit any bluetooth sound with it: this means that you can receive wirelessly a bluetooth sound signal from an external source like a smartphone
- Press and hold the ON/OFF& MODE button for 3 seconds to turn on the power.
- It’s turntable mode by default after turning on the power, the indicator will light in red.
- Place the record on the turntable. Use the 45 RPM Adapter if necessary.
- Choose the right Anti-skating force.
- Remove the stylus protector from the stylus assembly.
Note: To avoid stylus damage, make certain the included stylus guard is in place whenever the turntable is being moved or cleaned.
- Open the tonearm clip from left to right.
- Press the PLAY/STOP button once, the platter start turning.
- Gently pull up the tonearm from its rest and move it over the record where play is desired to begin. Use the Tonearm Lift Lever to raise the Tonearm Lift and let the tonearm lay on it.
- Set the Tonearm Lift Lever back to the down position, the tonearm will descend slowly onto the record and begin playback.
- When the music has finished to play, use the Tonearm Lift Lever to raise the tonearm and then return it to the tonearm rest. To suspend the playback, repeat the same steps.
- Press the PLAY/STOP button again, the platter stop turning.
- Press and hold the ON/OFF& MODE button for 3 seconds to turn off the power.
- Before replacement, put the stylus protector back on the stylus to prevent damage to the stylus during the replacement process.
- Carefully remove the wire leads from the original cartridge.
- Loosen the two screws on the headshell that are securing the cartridge and then remove the original cartridge.
- Mount the new cartridge to the headshell and tighten it lightly. Do not completely tighten the screws at this moment.
- Connect the wire leads to the new cartridge’s terminals. The wire lead color are as below:
|White ||Left channel positive ||(L+) |
|Black ||Left channel negative ||(L-) |
|Red ||Right channel positive ||(R+) |
|Black ||Right channel negative ||(R-) |
- Adjust the cartridge’s position to make sure it is precisely aligned on the headshell so that the stylus will be tracking the grooves in parallel perfectly.
To achieve this, place the included paper cartridge alignment protractor over the turntable spindle, carefully lift the tone arm and place the tip of the stylus on the points marked 130mm and 250mm respectively. Fine tune the cartridge’s position on the headshell until the cartridge is perfectly in parallel with the reference lines at both posits.
- Tighten the screws completely once the perfect alignment is achieved.
|Power ||AC power adaptor, DC output 15V 2400mA |
|Power Consumption ||36W |
|Output power ||2x 30W RMS |
|Turntable Speed ||33 1/3, 45 RPM |
|Speed Variance ||±1.0% |
|Wow and Flutter ||< 0.15% |
|Signal to Noise ||72dB |
|Downforce Range ||0-6.0g |
|Effective Tonearm Length ||8.6” (218.5mm) |
|Overhang ||0.73” |
|Turntable Dimensions (W X H X D) ||418 X 123 X 346 mm, with lid open 420 X 410 X 420 mm |
|Weight ||5.77kgs |
|Tweeter ||8Ω 10W X 2 |
|Woofer ||4Ω 30W X 2 |
|Speaker Dimensions (W X H X D) ||162 X 248 X 158 mm |
|Weight ||3.76kgs |
|Frequency Response ||20Hz – 20kHz |
|Channel Balance ||<2.5dB |
|Channel Separation ||>18dB |
|Output Voltage ||2.5mV |
|Recommended Load Resistance ||47kΩ |
|Amplifier connection ||MM – input |
|Recommended Tracking Pressure ||3.0±0.5g |
|Weight ||5g |
• Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Power supply adaptor:
Manufacturer: Brightpower Optoelectronic Technonlgy Co., Ltd.
Model Number: SW1502400-IM/ S036A1502400M
Input voltage: 100-240V
Input AC frequency: 50/60Hz
Output voltage: DC 15V
Output current: 2.4A
Output Power: 36W
Average active efficiency: 87.58%
Efficiency at low load (10%): 84 %
No load Power consumption: 0.080W
Use only the power supply listed in the user instructions
- Do not touch the stylus tip with your fingers. Avoid bumping the stylus on the turntable mat or a record’s edge.
- Clean the stylus frequently with a soft brush with a back-to-front motion only.
- Clean the records to get rid of dust or grease with a record cleaning brush and record cleaning solution.
- Clean the turntable lid and turntable cabinet with a slightly damped microfiber cloth.
Note: Do not use cleanser other that contains alcohol,benzene or any other harsh chemicals, with might damage the paint and finish of the turntable.
There is no power
- Power adaptor is not connected correctly.
- No power at the power outlet.
Power is on, but the platter does not turn
- This unit is not in turntable mode. Press the MODE button to turntable mode, the indicator light in red.
- Need to press the PLAY/STOP button once to start playing.
- Turntable’s drive belt is not installed or has slipped off.
Turntable is spinning, but there is no sound, or sound not loud enough
- Stylus protector is still on.
- Tone arm is lift up by the lever.
- The Phono/Line switch is set at PHONO position but RCA jacks connected to the stereo system’s line input.
- Forget to connect the speaker to the turntable.
Distorted of inconsistent sound from one or both channels:
– Turntable is connected to wrong input of amplifier.
– Needle or cantilever damaged.
– Drive belt overstretched or dirty.
– Platter bearing without oil, dirty or damaged.
– Dust on stylus.
– MM/MC switch on pre-amplifier set incorrectly.
Record sounds too fast or too slow
- Wrong speed selected for the record.
Strong hum on phono input
- The cable is not grounded correctly.
- Turntable too close to speakers.
To protect the stylus, the platter will Stop automatically if no music has been playing for 1 min. For lowering the power consumption, the whole unit will switch to standby mode automatically if no music has been playing for about 20 minutes.
To restart the unit, hold press the “ON/OFF, MODE” Button.
If your unit switches off regularly, this is no defect.
Lenco offers service and warranty in accordance to European law, which means that in case of repairs (both during and after the warranty period) you should contact your local dealer.
Important note: It is not possible to send products that need repairs to Lenco directly.
Important note: If this unit is opened or accessed by a non-official service center in any way, the warranty expires.
This device is not suitable for professional use. In case of professional use, all warranty obligations of the manufacturer will be voided.
Updates to Firmware and/or hardware components are made regularly. Therefore some of the instruction, specifications and pictures in this documentation may differ slightly from your particular situation. All items described in this guide for illustration purposes only and may not apply to particular situation. No legal right or entitlements may be obtained from the description made in this manual.
Disposal of the Old Device
This symbol indicates that the relevant electrical product or battery should not be disposed of as general household waste in Europe. To ensure the correct waste treatment of the product and battery, please dispose them in accordance to any applicable local laws of requirement for disposal of electrical equipment or batteries. In so doing, you will help to conserve natural resources and improve standards of environmental protection in treatment and disposal of electrical waste (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive).
Hereby, Commaxx B.V. Wiebachstraat 37, 6466 NG Kerkrade, The Netherlands, declares that this product is in compliance with the essential EU directive requirements.
The declaration of conformity may be consulted via email@example.com
For more information and helpdesk support, please visit www.lenco.com
Commaxx B.V. Wiebachstraat 37, 6466 NG Kerkrade, The Netherlands.
Documents / Resources