Lasko CT22840 Ceramic Tower Heater User Manual
Register Your Product Today
You will benefit from:
- Efficient and enhanced support
- Future product updates
Have a Question? Need a Part?
Please Do Not Return Product to Store!
Contact Lasko Customer Service:
(800) 233-0268 Monday-Friday 8AM – 5PM EST.
(Valid in the USA, its Territories, and CANADA Only)
Read and Save These Instructions
Read carefully before attempting to assemble, install, operate or maintain the product described. Protect yourself and others by observing all safety information. failure to comply with instructions could result in personal injury and/or property damage! This Heater is intended for use as supplemental heat. This Heater is for residential use only. It is not intended to be used in commercial, industrial or agricultural settings.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using electrical appliances, these instructions and warnings should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock and injury to persons:
Read all instructions before using this Heater.
- PLUG HEATERS DIRECTLY INTO A 120V WALL OUTLET/RECEPTACLE ONLY. NEVER USE WITH AN EXTENSION CORD. DO NOT PLUG HEATER INTO ANY OTHER CORD CONNECTED DEVICE, SUCH AS A POWER STRIP, SURGE PROTECTOR, MULTIPLE OUTLET ADAPTER, CORD REEL OR OUTLET-TYPE AIR FRESHENER. THE USE OF SUCH DEVICES MAY CREATE A FIRE HAZARD. DO NOT PLUG MULTIPLE DEVICES IN THE SAME OUTLET OR ON SAME CIRCUIT AS HEATER.
- FAULTY WALL OUTLET CONNECTIONS MAY CAUSE THE WALL OUTLET TO OVERHEAT. BE SURE THAT HEATER PLUG FITS TIGHTLY INTO OUTLET BEFORE EACH USE. DURING USE, CHECK TO MAKE CERTAIN THE HEATER PLUG IS NOT OVERHEATING. IF NECESSARY HAVE A QUALIFIED ELECTRICIAN CHECK AND/OR REPLACE THE WALL OUTLET. DO NOT USE THIS HEATER WITH ANY SOLID STATE SPEED CONTROL DEVICES.
- Make certain that the power source conforms to the electrical requirements of the Heater.
- Extreme caution is necessary when any Heater is used by or near children or invalids. The Heater should not be left operating unattended. Never leave children unattended when the Heater is on or plugged in.
- This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug is intended to fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to defeat this safety feature.
- DO NOT use the Heater in areas where gasoline, paint, or flammable liquids are used or stored. DO NOT use Heater in locations where flammable or explosive chemicals are stored, or in wet atmospheres.
- Do not operate any Heater with a damaged cord or plug or after the Heater malfunctions, or has been dropped or damaged in any manner. To disconnect Heater, turn the Heater OFF then remove the plug from the outlet.
- Always unplug Heater when not in use. Unplug power cord before servicing or moving the Heater.
- Do not insert or allow fingers or foreign objects to enter any ventilation or exhaust opening as it may cause an electric shock, fire, or damage the Heater. Do not block or tamper with the Heater in any manner while it is in operation.
- Do not block air intakes or exhaust in any manner. Do not place on soft surfaces, like a bed, where openings may become blocked. Do not depend on the on/off switch as the sole means of disconnecting power when servicing or moving the Heater. Always unplug the power cord.
- Always place the Heater on a stable, flat, level surface when operating, to avoid the chance of the Heater overturning. Locate the Power Cord so the Heater or other objects are not resting on it. DO NOT run Power Cord under carpeting. DO NOT cover Power Cord with throw rugs, runners, or similar coverings as this may cause cord to overheat. Arrange Power Cord away from room traffic and where it will not be tripped over.
- This Heater is HOT when in use. To avoid burns, do not let bare skin touch hot surfaces. Always use handle when moving this Heater. Keep combustible materials, such as furniture, pillows, bedding, papers, clothes and curtains at least 3 feet (0.9 m) from the front of the Heater and keep them at least 1 foot (0.3 m) from the sides and rear.
- This Heater is not intended for use in wet or damp locations. This Heater is not intended for use in bathrooms, laundry areas and similar indoor locations. NEVER locate a Heater where it may fall into a bathtub or other water container.
- DO NOT use Heater outdoors.
- This Heater is not suitable for use in agricultural facilities including areas where livestock, poultry or other animals are confined. Please refer to National Electric Code (NEC) Article 547-7 (2008), or applicable state or local codes or standards relating to electrical requirements for Agricultural Buildings. THIS HEATER DOES NOT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS OF NEC ARTICLE 547-7 (2008).
- This Heater is not suitable for use in hazardous locations. Please refer to National Electric Code (NEC) Article 500 or applicable state or local codes or standards relating to electrical requirements for Hazardous locations. THIS HEATER DOES NOT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS OF NEC ARTICLE 500 (2008).
NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures: Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna. Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver. Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected. Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help. The user is cautioned that changes and modifications made to the equipment without the approval of manufacturer could void the user’s authority to operate this equipment.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
AUTOMATIC TEMPERATURE CONTROL
The automatic temperature function will only operate on “High” heat. You cannot set the temperature automatically when the unit is in the low heat mode.
- To set the room at a specific temperature press the (+) or (-) buttons to the desired temperature. The display will now reflect the ( ) and the temperature will be flashing. The Heater is now in Auto Temperature Mode.
- When you reach the temperature at which you want to set the unit, the set temperature will flash several times and then the display will return to indicate the current room temperature and will gradually change as the room temperature changes. NOTE: the temperature display does not indicate the temperature of the heated air being emitted by the Heater.
- Once the room temperature reaches 2 degrees above the set temperature, the Heater will shut off. Once the room temperature reaches 1 degree below the set temperature, the Heater will turn back on and continue to cycle off and on to maintain the set temperature.
- This function will cancel if the ( ) button is pressed. The Heater will now be in High heat and run continuously.
NOTE: It is normal for the Heater “fan” to run for approximately 15 seconds when the Heater shuts off after reaching the set temperature. Press the (+) and (-) buttons at the same time to change the display to ° Celsius. Press the same two buttons together again to change the display back to ° Fahrenheit.
All the functions performed with the Remote Control work identically to the manual controls except changing °F to °C.
- Install two “AAA” batteries (included).
- Do not mix old and new batteries. Do not mix alkaline, standard (carbon-zinc) or rechargeable (nickel-cadmium) batteries.
- DO NOT DISPOSE OF BATTERIES IN FIRE. BATTERIES MAY EXPLODE OR LEAK.
- Always purchase the correct size and grade of battery most suitable for the intended use.
- Clean the battery contacts and also those of the device prior to battery installation.
- Remove batteries from equipment which is not to be used for an extended period of time.
- Remove batteries if consumed or if product is to be left unused for a long time.
- Remove used batteries promptly.
If you lose your remote control, please call Customer Service to order a replacement at (800) 233-0268, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. EST.
- A thermal overload protector is built in to prevent overheating.
- If an overheat temperature is reached, the Heater will automatically shut off. It can only resume operation when the user resets the unit.
To Reset Heater:
- Unplug the Heater and wait 10 minutes for the Heater to cool down.
- After the Heater has cooled down, plug the unit into a 120V~ electrical outlet and follow the operation instructions described in this manual.
If your Heater shuts off unexpectedly or fails to operate, the previously mentioned safety feature may have been activated to prevent overheating.
- Be sure the power cord is plugged into a working electrical outlet.
- Make certain the batteries in the remote control are new and properly installed.
- Check your Temperature setting. The Heater may be off because it has reached the desired temperature setting.
- If your Heater runs for several minutes and shuts off repeatedly, your Heater may require cleaning. See Maintenance section below.
SERVICING: For servicing, other than general user maintenance, please contact Customer Service at (800) 233-0268, Monday through Friday, from 8am-5pm Eastern.
STORAGE: Store the Heater with these instructions in the original carton in a cool, dry place.
DISPOSITION: Corrugated packaging materials are recyclable. For environmentally responsible disposal of this product, contact your local waste service provider or visit www.1800recycling.com ® .
To reduce the risk of electrical shock and fire please observe the following instructions. Cleaning the Heater regularly will help to maintain its efficiency.
- Always unplug the cord before moving, servicing or cleaning.
- NEVER place the Heater in or near water. DO NOT IMMERSE HEATER IN WATER.
- Clean the Heater only with a vacuum equipped with a brush attachment; the vacuum will remove the lint and dirt from the surface of the Heater.
- Vacuum intake grills every two weeks; this will help to maintain the optimum Heater performance.
- Use a toothbrush or other soft bristle brush to gently loosen any dirt not removed by the vacuum.
- NEVER attempt to take apart the Heater.
- Clean the body of the Heater with a soft cloth only.
- NEVER use ALCOHOL or SOLVENTS such as gasoline, benzene, paint thinner, or other harsh cleaners.
LASKO PRODUCTS, LLC LIMITED WARRANTY (VALID IN THE USA, ITS TERRITORIES, AND CANADA ONLY)
WHAT THIS WARRANTY COVERS: This product is warranted against defects in workmanship and/or materials.
HOW LONG THIS WARRANTY LASTS: This warranty extends only to the original purchaser of the product and lasts for three (3) years from the date of original purchase or until the original purchaser of the product sells or transfers the product, whichever first occurs.
WHAT LASKO WILL DO: Lasko will, at its sole option, repair or replace any part or parts that prove to be defective or replace the whole product with the same or comparable model. For all warranty claims, the product must be returned to Lasko Products, LLC at customer expense with proof of purchase within the warranty period. Contact the Lasko customer service department to obtain a Return Authorization (“RA”). DO NOT return products without an RA or the warranty claim will not be processed.
WHAT THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER: This warranty does not apply if the product was damaged or failed because of accident, improper handling or operation, shipping damage, abuse, misuse, unauthorized repairs made or attempted, or the use of the product for commercial or nonresidential service. This warranty does not cover shipping costs for the return of products to Lasko for repair or replacement. Lasko will pay return shipping charges from Lasko following warranty repairs or replacement.
ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY), LAST THREE YEARS FROM THE DATE OF ORIGINAL PURCHASE OR UNTIL THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER OF THE PRODUCT SELLS OR TRANSFERS THE PRODUCT, WHICHEVER FIRST OCCURS AND IN NO EVENT SHALL LASKO’S LIABILITY UNDER ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY INCLUDE (I) INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FROM ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, OR (II) REPLACEMENT OR REPAIR OF ANY HOUSE FUSES, CIRCUIT BREAKERS OR RECEPTACLES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY, IN NO EVENT SHALL LASKO’S LIABILITY UNDER ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT AND ANY SUCH LIABILITY SHALL TERMINATE UPON THE EXPIRATION OF THE WARRANTY PERIOD.
Some states and provinces do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so these exclusions or limitations may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights which vary from state to state and province to province.
Proof of purchase is required before a warranty claim will be accepted.
Toll-Free (800) 233-0268. Email: [email protected]
Our Customer Service team is available to assist you with product and service questions, and replacement parts. They can be reached Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm Eastern. Please have your model number available, as well as the type and style (located on the underside of your product).
Customer Service Dept., 820 Lincoln Ave., West Chester, PA 19380
(Please do not send product to this location) www.lasko.com
PARTS FOR DISCONTINUED, OBSOLETE AND CERTAIN OTHER PRODUCTS MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE. DUE TO SAFETY REASONS, MANY ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS AND MOST HEATER COMPONENTS ARE NOT AVAILABLE TO CONSUMERS FOR INSTALLATION OR REPLACEMENT.
Manual printed in China