KUCCU SM-1504X-Sliver Speed Tilt-Head Food Dough Mixer
- DIMENSIONS:3 x 10.4 x 14.1 inches
- WEIGHT: 13 pounds
- WATTAGE: 660 watts
- VOLTAGE: 120V
- NUMBER OF SPEEDS: 6
KUCCU Focus has been creating beautiful, simple-to-use stand mixers for 20 years! Excellent craftsmanship and a very long service life. Any mixing task you need can be handled by the KUCCU mixer.
General Safety Instructions
Read the operating instructions carefully before using the appliance. Keep the instructions including the receipt and, if possible, the box with the internal packing. If you give this device to others, please also pass on the operating instructions.
Misuse of this appliance can damage the unit or injure the user. Assure the appliance is used for which it is designed; we refuse any responsibility for damages caused by incorrect use or bad manipulation.
- Check the voltage of the power supply in your home is suitable to the voltage shown on the rating label of this product.
- The safety instructions do not by themselves eliminate danger completely and proper accident prevention measure must always be used.
- The appliance is only for private use and for the envisaged purpose. This appliance is not fit for commercial use. Do not use outdoors. Keep away from sources of heat, direct sunlight, humidity (never dip it into any liquid) and sharp edges. Do not use the appliance with wet hands. If the appliance is humid or wet, unplug immediately.
- Unplug from outlet when not in use, before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning. If the appliance is not being used, remove any attached accessories.
- Do not operate the machine without supervision. Should you leave the workplace, always turn off machine.
- Check the appliance and the power cord for damage or deterioration on a regular basis. Do not use the appliance if it is damaged.
- Do not try to repair the appliance on your own. Always contact an the manufacture or qualified technician.
- Use only original spare parts.
- Avoid contacting moving parts. Keep hands, hair and clothing as well as spatulas and utensils away from attachments during operation.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug, or after the appliance malfunctions or damaged in any manner. Contact Sunpentown for information on examination or repair.
- The appliance is not intended to be operated via an external timer or a separate remote –control system.
- Never immerse the base of the unit in water or any other liquid. Do not place in dishwasher.
- Be careful if hot liquid is poured into the processor or blender.
- Pay attention to the following “Special Safety Instructions”.
- In order to ensure your children’s safety, please keep all packaging (plastic bags, boxes, polystyrene etc.) out of their reach.
- Caution! Do not allow small children to play with the packaging materials due to danger of suffocation!
- In order to protect children or frail individuals from the hazards of electrical equipment, please ensure that this device is only used under supervision.
- No liability is accepted for damage due to improper use or the failure to observe operating instructions and safety notes.
- Be sure to turn the speed selector to OFF position after each use. WARNING! This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). The plug fits only one way into a polarized outlet. Do not defeat the safety purpose by modifying the plug in any way or by using an adapter. If the plug does not fully fit into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact an electrician.
- Voltage/frequency: 120V~ 60Hz 550W
- Bowl capacity: 2 liters
- Blender (optional purchase) capacity: 1.5 liters
Overview of the Components
Note: Optional accessories (Blender, Grinder or Pasta Maker) can be purchased by contacting Sunpentown at 1-800-330-0388 or visiting www.spt-usa.com and referring to the part numbers below:
- Blender = 106-BLEND
- Grinder set = 106-GRIND
- Pasta Maker set = 106-PASTA
Before first use
Always unplug mixer before attaching and removing attachments. Wash bowl and attachments in warm soapy water; rinse and dry. Wipe the main unit with damp soft cloth.
How to use
- Make sure mixer is unplugged and control dial is set at OFF.
- Turn the lock switch to lift the mixer head up until it clicks and locks in the elevated position. (Fig.3)
- Place bowl in base and turn clockwise until it locks in place. (Fig.4). Add ingredients. Place the lid on the bowl.
- Align attachment onto attachment shaft, push and turn counter-clockwise until it engages firmly (Fig.5)
- Turn the lock switch and push motor head down until it locks in place (Fig. 6&7)Plug mixer into outlet.
- Speed control should always begin on a low speed, then gradually turn to desired speed to avoid splashing. 1 is lowest and 8 is highest setting.
- Note: P = Pulse. This is a manual setting. To use, turn dial to P and hold. To stop, release.
- When finished, turn dial to OFF position.
- Turn the lift lever and lift up the motor head.
- Remove mixing bowl by turning counter-clockwise.
- Remove attachment by pushing in and turn clockwise.
- Used for most mixing needs: cake batter, cookie dough, fudge, etc.
- Have butter or margarine at room temperature.
- Add ingredients one at a time, thoroughly mixing after each addition.
If mixer seems to struggle, increase speed.
- Used for kneading dough.
- Dry flour max: 8 cups
- Suggested speed: 1 or 2 (always start with speed 1). Never use dough hook at max speed.
- When mixing thin batters, stop the mixer frequently to scrape the sides of bowl.
- Place liquid ingredients in the bowl first and then add dry ingredients.
- Designed to whip liquids, such as egg whites and cream. Do not use for thick mixtures.
- Minimum: 3 eggs / Maximum: 20 eggs.
- Suggested speed: 6 to 8
- The whisk should be immersed in the liquid for best results. If used quantity is too small, hand mixer is recommended.
- EGG WHITES: Start with speed 1 then set to speed 6 to 8. Whisk nonstop for about 5 minutes until desired stiffness.
- WHIPPED CREAM: use cold whipping cream (1 cup), start with speed 1 then set to speed 6 to 8 for about 5 minutes to desired thickness.
NOTE: watch carefully to avoid over-whipping.
Using the blender
Note: this is an optional purchase and not included with mixer. To purchase, contact Sunpentown and request Model 106-BLEND. (800-330-0388/www.spt-usa.com) Be careful! Blades are very sharp. Robot and blender works simultaneously.
- Assemble blender in this order: plastic ring, seal ring, blades, blades support onto the glass carafe and turn counter-clockwise firmly (Fig.8) NOTE: if the blade base is not fully locked into the carafe, it will cause leak.
- Remove the cover on the motor head.
- Align the lock symbols on the base of the blender to those on the motor head. Turn blender counter-clockwise to lock in place.
- Blender will not run if not locked in the right position.
- Max capacity: 1.5L
- The transparent measuring cup on the top can be removed and used to add ingredients while blender is working.
- Suggested speed: 8
- When crushing ice, use P (pulse) mode.
Using the grinder
Note: this is an optional purchase and not included with mixer. To purchase, contact Sunpentown and request Model 106-GRIND. (800-330-0388/www.spt-usa.com) Note: Robot and grinder works simultaneously.
- Remove cover on the motor head. (Fig.9-1)
- Hold the grinder part at about 2 o-clock position and insert into opening. (Fig.9-A) Turn to the left to lock in place (Fig. 9-B)
- Insert the feed screw (C) into the head, long end first. Turn the feed screw slightly until it is set into the housing.
- Place the cutting blade (D) onto the feed screw shaft with the blade facing the front as illustrated. If not fitted properly, meat will not grind.
- Place the desired stainless steel disc (E) onto the shaft. Align the fitting protrusions in the slots.
- Support or press the center of the plate with one finger while screwing on the fixing ring (F) with other hand until firmly in place. Do not over tighten.
- Place the hopper plate (G) on the head and fix into position. (Fig. 11)
- KEBBE assembly. Use the kebbe attachment (H) as Fig.12. Use with the pusher (I) to introduce the minced meat. Form kebbe as illustrated in Fig. 13 and deep fry.
- SAUSAGE assembly. Use the funnel (J) for sausage making. When making sausages, avoid preparing thick sausages to avoid pressure on the casing. Soak casing in warm water for 10 to 15 minutes to make them flexible. Push meat into the grinder and slowly take off the casing from funnel. Twist casing to prepare the sausages.
- Cut meat into small pieces so that they fit easily into the hopper opening.
- Use the pusher to facilitate the passage of meat into the grinder.
- Use only speeds 4 to 6.
Using the Pasta Maker
Note: this is an optional purchase and not included with mixer. To purchase, contact Sunpentown and request Model 106-PASTA. (800-330-0388/www.spt-usa.com) Be careful! Robot and pasta maker works simultaneously.
The Pasta Maker consists of 3 pieces:
- Remove cover on the motor head.
- Place attachment as pictured below.
- Turn attachment to be leveled with the mixer:
- If using the Roller, pull the adjustment knob to set pasta thickness:
- Suggested speed: 1 to 8. Set speed according to need.
- Do not place fingers or other items in the pasta maker or roller.
- Turn machine off when adjusting the pasting thickness on the roller.
- Do not use the pasta set for more than 10 minutes continuously.
ONLY ONE FUNCTION CAN BE USED AT A TIME. DO NOT USE MULTIPLE FUNCTIONS (MIXER, BLENDER, GRINDER/PASTA) AT THE SAME TIME!
- Make sure mixer is turned off and unplugged.
- Wait till mixer has cooled down completely.
- Caution: the main unit cannot be immersed in water or other liquid. Only the Stainless Bowl is dishwasher safe.
- Remove attachment and clean with warm soapy water. The mixer, dough hook and whisk are not dishwasher safe.
- Wipe the exterior with a moist cloth. Do not use abrasive detergents or alcohol.
- Be cautious when cleaning the blender, be careful with the blade.
- Clean grinder accessories in warm soapy water and be careful with the blades.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, it does.
Yes, it is.
Yes, it is a very nice mixer.
Yes, you can.
No, it isn’t recommended.
Only 110 volts.
No, it doesn’t.
No, there isn’t.