PARKSIDE PUV 1100 A1 Electric Weed Burner
Before reading, unfold the page containing the illustrations and familiarise yourself with all functions of the device.
Congratulations on the purchase of your new appliance. You have selected a high-quality product. The operating instructions are part of this product. They contain important information about safety, usage and disposal. Before using the product, please familiarise yourself with all oper-ating and safety instructions. Use the product only as described and for the range of applications speciﬁed. Please also pass these operating instruc-tions on to any future owner.
The appliance is suitable for the removal of weeds between paving slabs, on paved areas, on walls, and in ﬂowerbeds and lawns during the growth period. Any other usage or modiﬁcation of the appliance is deemed to be improper and carries a signiﬁcant risk of accidents. The manufacturer accepts no responsibility for damage(s) attribut-able to misuse. This appliance is not intended for commercial use.
- Guhestina ON / OFF
- Kabloya sereke
- Rehetbûna zexeliyê
- Destê teleskopîk
- Belavkirina bilez ji bo desta teleskopîk
- Lever for operating the protective cover
- Guide wheels
- Elementek germkirinê
- Qepaxa parastinê
- 1 electric weed burner PUV 1100 A1
- 1 set talîmatên xebatê
- Voltage 230 V ∼, 50 Hz (AC)
- Xerca hêza binavkirî 1100 W
- Temperature on the heating element max. 800 °C
- Interval operation 10 seconds ON/ 15 seconds OFF
- Heat-up time approx. 30 seconds
Hişyariyên ewlehiya amûra hêza giştî
Read all safety warnings and all instructions. Failure to follow the warnings and instructions may result in electric shock, ﬁre and/or serious injury.
Hemî hişyarî û rêwerzan ji bo referansa pêşerojê hilînin.
Di hişyariyan de gotina "amûra hêzê" ji amûra hêza weya xebitandî (têlkirî) an amûra hêza weyê pîlê (bêtêl) re tê gotin.
- Amûrên hêzê li ber baran an şert û mercên şil nahêlin. Ava ku dikeve alavek hêzê dê xetera şoka elektrîkê zêde bike.
- Kordê xirab nekin. Tu carî têl ji bo hilgirtin, kişandin an vekêşana alava hêzê bikar neynin. Kordonê ji germê, rûn, deviyên tûj an ji perçên gerguhêz dûr bigirin.
- Kordên zirarê an ketî xetera şoka elektrîkê zêde dike.
- Ger di reklamê de amûrek hêzê bixebitîneamp cîh ne mumkun e, amûrek bermayî ya heyî (RCD) dabînkirina parastî bikar bînin. Bikaranîna RCD xetereya şoka elektrîkê kêm dike.
- Do not use the power tool if the switch does not turn it on and oﬀ.
- Her amûrek hêza ku bi veguherînê nayê kontrol kirin xeternak e û divê were tamîr kirin.
- This device can be used by children aged 8 years and over and by persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or a lack of experience and knowledge if they are supervised or have been instructed in the safe use of the device and understand the resulting dangers. Do not allow children to play with the appliance. Cleaning and maintenance tasks must not be carried out by children unless they are supervised.
- Do not use this appliance if you are tired, ill or under the inﬂuence of alcohol or other drugs or medication.
- Do not leave the appliance unattended while it is in operation or is still hot.
- After use, place on a non-combustible surface and allow to cool completely before packing away.
- Always wear sturdy footwear and protective gloves.
- To avoid damage and risks due to improper use, observe the operating instructions and store them in a safe place!
- If you pass the appliance on to someone else, please also pass on the operating instructions.
Spare parts not listed (such as switches) can be ordered via our call centre.
Appliance-speciﬁc safety instructions
- To avoid potential risks, damaged mains cables should be replaced by the manufacturer, its customer service department or a similarly qualiﬁed person.
- The main voltage divê voltage speciﬁcation (V) on the appliance!
- Connect the appliance only to a (Schuko) safety socket supplying alternating current.
- When using an extension cable, use only an earthed cable suitable for outdoor use!
- Additional protection is provided by the installation of a residual current device with a rated tripping current of no more than 30 mA.
- Careless use of the appliance can cause a ﬁre.
- CAUTION! Remove the plug from the mains power socket immediately:
- in the event of malfunctions during operation
- before each cleaning
- during breaks in work
- piştî karanînê
- Take care when using the appliance near ﬂammable materials.
- Do not use in the presence of an explosive atmosphere.
- Do not operate the appliance for too long on the same spot. Pull it slowly towards you.
- Heat can be transferred to combustible materials which are hidden from view.
- Use the appliance outside only.
- Never use the appliance in a garage or in places where petrol or highly ﬂammable substances may be stored.
- Dry wood, leaves, pine needles and dry grasses can easily catch ﬁre. Therefore, remove any dry material from the surfaces being treated before starting work. Monitor the treated plants for some time after treatment. Even after some time has passed, a plant may still ignite and cause a ﬁre.
- Staying in one position for too long can cause damage to the stone surfaces. To prevent the appliance from overheating, do not operate the appliance in one place for more than 10 seconds.
Rêwerzên ewlehiyê yên zêde
BALDAYNÎ! Avoid the risk of injury or ﬁre as well as health risks:
- In the event of danger, remove the mains plug from the socket immediately.
CAUTION! RISK OF BURNS!
Do not touch the hot parts of the appliance.
- Destmalên parastinê li xwe bikin.
- Amûrê bi destên şil bikar neynin.
- Do not immerse the appliance in water or spray or clean it with water. Do not expose the appliance to moisture.
- Always remove the plug from the power socket during work breaks, when adjusting the appliance and when it is no longer in use.
- Some parts of the appliance become very hot during operation and could cause burns. Improper use of the appliance can also result in a risk of burns!
- Never aim the appliance towards people or animals.
- The appliance must always be kept clean, dry and free from oil or grease.
- Never use the appliance for purposes other than those for which it was designed.
Push the loop of the extension cable into the provided strain relief 4 in the handle 2 and ﬁx it to the bar provided.
Adjusting the telescopic handle
- Turn the quick release 6 anticlockwise to release it.
- Extend the telescopic handle 5 to the desired length.
- Turn the quick release 6 clockwise to lock it again.
Amûrê bikar tînin
- Connect the appliance to a power socket (230 V alternating current) using an extension cable.
- Switch the appliance on by pressing the ON/OFF switch 1.
The appliance is ready for operation after approx. 30 seconds.
Heating work is forbidden when protective cover 0 is closed, otherwise the appliance may be damaged due to over-concentrated heat.
- Open the protective cover 0 by pressing the lever 7 from above with your foot. Tip the appliance backwards slightly to make it easier to open the protective cover 0.
The protective cover 0 opens.
- To kill weeds, move the heating element 9 over the plant to be treated for around 5–10 seconds (depending on the type of plant).
- Tall plants will need to be trimmed before you can position the heating element 9 over them.
- This appliance is particularly suitable for removing weeds.
- Weed killing is most eﬀective at an early stage of vegetation growth.
- The most suitable time is during spring.
- The treatment is at its most intensive, the younger the plant is. However, the success of the treatment is not immediately visible. The visible section of the plant can also be burnt oﬀ with a longer exposure time/treat-ment.
- Plants do not react immediately to the heat with the recommended treatment time.
The basic rule is: young, soft-leaved plants are most sensitive to the treatment. Afterwards, they are incapable of survival.
- Older plants with hard leaves, such as this-tles, must be treated more frequently at an interval of 1 to 2 weeks to dry out.
Winter-green grasses are extremely robust and require longer treatment.
- Initially, overgrown areas must be treated several times at short intervals in order to produce long-term success. Later on, treat-ment at longer intervals is suﬃcient.
- Burning the plants oﬀ completely is not essen-tial. During heating, the leaf cells dry out and the weed will die.
- Repeated treatment of certain types of weed may be necessary.
- Switch the appliance just let go of the ON/OFF switch 1.
- Amûrê ji dabînkirina hêzê qut bikin.
- Close the protective cover 0 by lifting the lever 7 from below with your foot. Tip the appliance backwards slightly to make it easier to close the protective cover 0.
The protective cover 0 closes.
- After use, always park the appliance on a ﬂat, ﬁreproof surface until the hot parts of the appliance have cooled down.
After use, the protective cover 0 and the heating element 9 remain very hot for some time.
Allow the appliance to cool down for about 20 minutes. Do not leave the appliance unat-tended during this cool-down phase.
WARNING! RISK OF INJURY! Always pull the mains plug out of the mains outlet and let the appliance cool down before you carry out any work on the appliance.
- Use a cloth or soft brush to clean the appliance.
- Never use petrol, solvents or cleaning agents that can damage plastic.
- The appliance must be stored out of reach of children.
- Store the appliance in a dry and frost-free location.
- Apply a drop of oil to the movable connections at regular intervals.
The packaging is made from environ-mentally friendly material and can be disposed of at your local recycling plant.
Do not dispose of power tools in your normal household waste!
European Directive 2012/19/EU requires that worn-out power tools be collected separately and recycled in an environmentally compatible manner.
Your local community or municipal authorities can provide information on how to dispose of the worn-out appliance.
Dispose of the packaging in an environmentally friendly manner. Note the labelling on the packaging and separate the packaging material components for disposal if necessary. The pack-aging material is labelled with abbreviations (a) and numbers (b) with the following meanings: 1–7: plastics, 20–22: paper and cardboard, 80–98: composites.
Your local community or municipal authorities can provide information on how to dispose of the worn-out product.
The product is recyclable, subject to extended producer responsibility and is collected separately.
Kompernass Handels GmbH warranty
This appliance has a 3-year warranty valid from the date of purchase. If this product has any faults, you, the buyer, have certain statutory rights. Your statu-tory rights are not restricted in any way by the warranty described below.
The warranty period starts on the date of purchase. Please keep your receipt in a safe place. This will be required as proof of purchase.
If any material or manufacturing fault occurs within three years of the date of purchase of the product, we will either repair or replace the product for you or refund the purchase price (at our discretion). This warranty service requires that you present the defective appliance and the proof of purchase
(receipt) within the three-year warranty period, along with a brief written description of the fault and of when it occurred.
If the defect is covered by the warranty, your product will either be repaired or replaced by us. The repair or replacement of a product does not signify the beginning of a new warranty period.
Warranty period and statutory claims for defects
The warranty period is not prolonged by repairs eﬀected under the warranty. This also applies to replaced and repaired components. Any damage and defects present at the time of purchase must be reported immediately after unpacking. Repairs carried out after expiry of the warranty period shall be subject to a fee.
Scope of the warranty
This appliance has been manufactured in accord-ance with strict quality guidelines and inspected meticulously prior to delivery.
The warranty covers material faults or production faults. The warranty does not extend to product parts subject to normal wear and tear or to fragile parts which could be considered as consumable parts such as switches or parts made of glass.
The warranty does not apply if the product has been damaged, improperly used or improperly maintained. The directions in the operating instruc-tions for the product regarding proper use of the product are to be strictly followed. Uses and actions that are discouraged in the operating instructions or which are warned against must be avoided.
This product is intended solely for private use and not for commercial purposes. The warranty shall be deemed void in cases of misuse or improper handling, use of force and modiﬁcations / repairs which have not been carried out by one of our authorised Service centres.
The warranty period does not apply to
- Normal reduction of the battery capacity over time
- Commercial use of the product
- Damage to or alteration of the product by the customer
- Non-compliance with safety and maintenance instructions, operating errors
- Damage caused by natural hazards
Pêvajoya doza garantîkirinê
Ji bo pêbawerkirina bilez a doza we, ji kerema xwe fermanên jêrîn bişopînin:
- Please have the till receipt and the item number (e.g. IAN 12345) available as proof of purchase.
- You will ﬁnd the item number on the type plate on the product, an engraving on the product, on the front page of the operating instructions (below left) or on the sticker on the rear or bottom of the product.
- Ger kêmasiyên fonksiyonel an yên din çêbibin, ji kerema xwe bi beşa karûbarê ku hatî navnîş kirin bi têlefonê an bi e-nameyê têkilî daynin.
- You can return a defective product to us free of charge to the service address that will be provided to you. Ensure that you enclose the proof of purchase (till receipt) and information about what the defect is and when it occurred.
You can download these instructions along with many other manuals, product videos and installation software at www.lidl-service.com
This QR code will take you directly to the Lidl service page ( www.lidl-service.com) where you can open your operating instructions by entering the item number (IAN) 364233_2010.
Xizmeta Brîtanya Mezin
Tel.: 0800 404 7657
E-Mail: [email parastî]
Please note that the following address is not the service address. Please use the service address provided in the operating instructions.
KOMPERNASS HANDELS GMBH BURGSTRASSE 21
Translation of the original Conformity Declaration
We, KOMPERNASS HANDELS GMBH, document oﬃcer: Mr Semi Uguzlu, BURGSTR. 21, 44867 BOCHUM, GERMANY, hereby declare that this product complies with the following standards, normative documents and EC directives:
EC Low Voltage Direktîf
(2014/35 / YE)
EMC (Electromagnetic Compatibility)
(2014/30 / YE)
* The manufacturer bears the full responsibility for compliance with this conformity declaration. The subject of the declaration described above meets the requirements of Directive 2011/65/EU of the European Parliament and Council of 8 June 2011 on the limitations of use of certain dangerous substances in electrical and electronic appliances.
Applied harmonised standards
EN 62233: 2008
EN 55014-1: 2017
EN 55014-2: 2015
EN 61000-3-2: 2014
EN 61000-3-3: 2013
EN IEC 63000: 2018
Type/appliance designation: Electric Weed Burner PUV 1100 A1
Year of manufacture: 04–2021
Serial number: IAN 364233_2010
KOMPERNASS HANDELS GMBH
Belge / Çavkanî
|PARKSIDE PUV 1100 A1 Electric Weed Burner [pdf] Rêbername|
PUV 1100 A1, Electric Weed Burner