krown KA300 Visual Sound Emergency Notification User Guide
KBS300RX Bed Shaker Receiver
KA300TX Transmitter Setup
- Locate On/Off switch on the side of the transmitter and turn on.
- Press and hold the “Test Button” on front of transmitter to verify operation. Operation LED should illuminate solid red while pressing “Test Button”
KA300RX Receiver Setup
- Install 9 volt battery back up in KA300RX. The “Battery Low Indicator” LED in front of the unit should be solid yellow.
- Connect the A/C power adapter to the KA300RX and verify “Adapter Indicator” LED is illuminated solid green.
- Pick up the transmitter and press and hold the “Test Button” on the front of the transmitter. (Same as Step 2 above.)
- While holding the transmitter “Test Button” 2. locate the “Mode” selector switch on the front of the KA300RX then switch from OFF to the first position strobe only 1. Within 1-2 seconds the Ch.1 LED should illuminate solid red with the clear notification LEDs flashing 3.
- Set aside the transmitter and wait approximately 30 seconds for the receiver to reset itself.
- To verify pairing: after the receiver resets itself press and hold the “Test Button” on the transmitter within 1-2 seconds the receiver will activate with the Ch.1 LED illuminating solid red and the Notification LED Strobe. Release the “Test Button” and the unit is now paired.
KBS300RX Bed Shaker Receiver Setup
- Separate the back cover from KBS300RX and connect the rechargeable 9 volt battery. All 3 channel LEDs should flash momentarily.
- Snap the cover back into place ensuring the cables fit through the slots at the bottom of the unit.
- Plug in the A/C power adapter.
- Press and hold the “Test Button” 2 on the KA300TX transmitter.
- Insert one end of a paper clip into the small “Program” hole located on the side of the unit and remove 1.Within 2-3 seconds the Ch.1 LED should illuminate a solid red indicating the transmitter has been successfully paired with the unit 3.
- Set the transmitter aside and press the reset button on the
front of the KBS300RX Bed Shaker Receiver.
- Once the unit is reset, press and hold the “Test Button” on the transmitter. The unit will activate the bed shaker within 2-3 seconds and the Ch.1 LED will illuminate solid red indicating a successful pairing.
- Set the transmitter aside and press the “Reset” button on the front of the Bed Shaker Receiver.
KA300TX Placement on Alarm
- Using the self-adhesive 2 part Velcro™, attach the transmitter to the existing alarm unit.
- Do not block the window of the smoke chamber, do not cover the alarm sound opening, or cover the alarm sensor.
- If the KA300RX Receiver and KBS300RX Bed Shaker Receiver lose power completely, including the 9 volt battery backup, the units will not retain their memory and will require reprogramming.
- KA300RX Receiver will automatically reset approximately 30 seconds after transmit signal stops.
- KA300TX Transmitter works on vibration. If during setup the visual strobe receiver will not reset be sure you are not physically handling the transmitter.
- When testing the transmitter, if the CR2032 battery is weak the “Operation” indicator will not be solid red or may flicker. This indicates the battery needs to be replaced.
- Once the KBS300RX Bed Shaker Receiver is activated it will continue to vibrate the transmitter and must be manually reset.
- The KA300 system should be tested at a minimum of once a year to insure proper operation.
Documents / Resources
|krown KA300 Visual Sound Emergency Notification [pdf] User Guide|
KA300 Visual Sound Emergency Notification, KA300, Visual Sound Emergency Notification, KA300 Emergency Notification, KA300 Notification