KIDS’ SMART WATCH
SAFETY & WARNINGS
Ensure to read all instructions and warnings in this user guide prior to first use. Retain this user guide for future reference.
- Misuse of batteries can lead to them bursting, causing a fire, or chemical burns.
- Do not disassemble this watch.
- Do not crush or expose the battery to shock or force (for example, dropping or stepping on it).
- Do not short circuit the watch.
- Do not expose the watch to high temperatures or place it near heat sources (fires, stoves, heaters).
- Do not expose the watch to direct sunlight.
- Do not expose the watch to high moisture areas, and do not allow it to touch or submerge in water or any other liquid.
- If the battery within the watch is damaged or leaking, stop use immediately and contact help.Kogan.com for assistance.
- Keep the battery dry and out of the reach from children.
- If the watch is damaged, stop use immediately and contact help.Kogan.com for assistance.
- Charging should only be performing by an adult.
- The battery within cannot be disposed in normal waste. If disposing, follow local regulations.
- Smart watch with detachable watch strap
- Micro-USB cable
- User guide
BEFORE FIRST USE
Charging It is highly recommended to fully charge the watch before first use.
- Lift the rubber cover of the Micro-USB port on the watch. Insert the smaller end of the Micro-USB cable into the Micro-USB port on the watch.
- Turn on your computer and insert the larger end of the Micro-USB cable into a spare USB port on the computer.
- Once connected, you will see the battery charging symbol shown on the display for one second and then the data transfer symbol. Select `USB Charging’ and `OK’. The battery will continuously charge whilst connected.
- Monitor the watch regularly throughout the charging process. When the battery is fully charged, a full battery symbol will show on the display. Disconnect the watch from the computer.
- A full charge takes approximately three hours. The actual time will depend on the power supply, the remaining charge, and the ambient temperature of the charging environment.
- The optimal ambient temperature is 040°C.
- 5V adapters may also be used to charge the watch.
- If the watch takes longer than three hours to fully charge, try charging from a different USB power source.
- Do not use any quick charging adapters.
- Ensure the battery has been fully charged. Slide the power switch to the ON position.
- Press and hold the home button for three seconds to turn the watch on. The watch will then show a clock/time display. From here, you can either swipe up or down on the display to show different options and shortcuts.
|Swipe up and tap/hold on the mouth icon. The watch will then state the current time.|
|Swipe up and tap/hold on the Gubi icon. Click the star icon on Gubi clock
face, then Gubi will come onto the screen. From here, you can have various interactions with Gubi for example by swiping and holding on the display, and shaking the watch.
|Swipe up and tap/hold the music icon. Music will then begin playing from the watch.|
|Swipe down and tap/hold the speaker icon to mute/unmute the watch.|
|Swipe down and tap/hold the alarm clock icon to turn the alarm function on/off.|
- When touching the display, ensure your whole finger is pressing the display for one second.
- Do not use fingernails.
This watch features various analogue and digital clock/time displays as lock screens. To change the clock/time display, swipe the display left or right. Tap the centre of the display to change to show analogue or digital clock/time displays.
When the watch is showing the lock screen, press the home button to display the home menu. From here, most of the watch’s functions can be accessed. Swipe left and right to view the available functions. Tap the desired icon to open the function.
- Tap the camera icon on the display to take a photo.
- Tap the switch camera icon to switch between the front and top camera.
- Tap the wand icon to cycle through different photo frames.
- Tap the photo gallery icon to view photos.
- Tap the arrows or swipe on the display to browse through the photo gallery.
- Tap the bin icon on the display and follow to prompts to delete photos.
- Tap the video camera icon on the display to take a video.
- Tap the switch camera icon to switch between the front and top camera.
- Tap the video gallery icon to view videos.
- Tap the arrows or swipe on the display to browse through the video gallery.
- Tap the bin icon on the display and follow the prompts to delete videos.
- Tap the record icon to start voice recording.
- Tap the stop icon to save the recording.
- Tap the play icon to play the last recording.
- Use the arrows to select and browse through the recordings.
Music can be uploaded from a computer to the watch and be played. To upload:
- Use the Micro-USB cable to connect your watch to a computer/laptop.
- On the watch, select ‘Mass storage’ and ‘OK’. Folders for the watch will then appear on the computer.
- Copy any MP3 music files into the ‘My Music’ folder. After the transfer is complete, safely eject the watch from your computer and unplug the Micro-USB cable.
To play music you have transferred to the watch, select the music player icon from the home menu, then press the play icon to begin playing a file. Other controls are listed as below.
|Play previous track|
|Play next track|
There are 13 built-in games on this watch. Swipe the display to browse through the games, then tap on the desired game to play.
|Icon||Game name||How to play|
|Memory Test||Test your memory by matching the card sets|
|Foodie War||Tap on the desserts with the same colour on the bottom of the display that match those in the window.|
|Turntable||• Spin the wheel and see where it Lands. It will land on a colour and number. Tap the required number of times on the colour.
• For example, Not Yellow 5′ means to tap any colour but yellow five times.
|Princess Dress Up||Tap on the small icon on the top left. Choose the outfit, hair and accessories for the princess.|
|Guess the Fingers||Tap the number of fingers shown on the display quickly within a 60 second period.|
|Jelly Flow||Swap the jellies so there are three in a row to clear.|
|Sweet Together||Tap on the coloured test tubes and place candy of the same colour into the test tubes.|
|ShakeFun||Shake the watch to roll the dice.|
|2048||• Swipe in all directions of the display to move the tiles.
• A new tile will appear after every swipe.
• Tiles with the same number will merge and the goal is to add tiles to 2048.
|Basketball Shoot Master||The backboard will be moving. When it is moving towards the middle, tap on the basketball to shoot.|
|Bee War||• Tap the display left and right to move the fighter and shoot.
• Purple enemies must be hit twice.
• You have three lives.
|Pinball Hit Bricks||• Destroy all bricks to progress to the next level.
• Blue bricks must be hit twice.
• White bricks give a three-ball bonus.
|Ultimate Racing||• Press and hold on the car to move it left and right to switch lanes.
• The car in front may drop coins, collect as many coins as possible.
Musical instruments simulation
This watch features nine simulated instruments. Tap on the desired instrument to play. The instruments include:
- Snare drum
Use the pedometer to count your steps.
Follow the onscreen prompts to start or reset the pedometer. When started, the count will be updated every 30 seconds.
This watch features eight simulated sounds. Tap on the desired sound icon to play. These sounds will keep playing on every tap.
- Light saber
- Ka Me Ha
The time teacher is a friendly Panda who can say the time for you.
- Tap the hour or minutes icons to select the time you want the panda to say.
- Tap the plus icon to increase the hour/minute. Tap the minus icon to decrease the hour/minute.
- To set the alarm time, swipe up and down on the display to adjust the hours and minutes. Tap ‘Ok’ to confirm the alarm time.
- Tap the clock icon to change the alarm time.
- Tap the tick icon on screen to turn the alarm on/off.
If the battery level is too low, the alarm reset and need to be set again.
This watch can set a countdown timer.
- Tap the clock icon to adjust how long to set the countdown time.
- Tap the start icon to start the countdown timer.
- While the countdown is running, tap the pause icon to pause the countdown. Tap the start icon to resume.
- Tap the reset icon to stop and reset the countdown timer.
- Tap the play icon to start the stopwatch.
- While the stopwatch is running, tap the pause icon to pause. Tap the start icon again to resume.
- Tap the reset icon to stop and reset the stopwatch to 0.
Custom watch face
You may choose to use a photo as the lock screen and change the pointer.
- Press the plus icon to enter the secondary interface.
- You can take a photo now or choose your favourite photo from the photo album
- Choose a pointer using the arrows The pointer will be displayed when interacting with the interface.
Swipe on the menu and tap the red button of the torch to turn it on/off. The torch will remain on when using the other functions until it is turned off.
- Do not point the light directly at people or animals as it may cause damage to the eyes.
- Torches must be used with care.
Use the calculator for basic mathematical calculations.
Use the calendar to view the date. If the date shown is incorrect, enter the settings to reset the date and time information.
Photo and video gallery
- Tap the photo icon to view photos taken.
- Tap the video icon to view videos taken.
Swipe on the wallpaper icon to change the wallpaper. There are eight wallpapers available.
This watch allows you to set reminders for various activities. To set reminders:
- Tap on the search icon , then swipe left and right to browse and select an image to represent the activity you want a reminder for.
- Swipe up and down to adjust the reminder time. By default, the time is set to 08:00.
- Tap on the bell icon to change the frequency and behaviour of the alarm when it reaches the reminder time.
Alarm rings once Alarm rings every day No ring
- Tap the tick icon to confirm the reminder.
- When the reminder time comes, the watch will show a popup of the image that will last for 30 seconds (it will also ring if the alarm has not been set to ‘No ring’).
Tap and slide on the display or press the home button to clear the reminder. If multiple reminders have been set for the same time, the image displayed will change every second for the 30 seconds to reflect the other reminders.
• All reminders will be shown in order of time (reminders are also able to be set for the same time).
• The quantity of reminders will be displayed on the top, and the coloured backgrounds cycle between five colours.
• To adjust the reminder time for any of the reminders, tap the image of the reminder.
Adjustments can then be made accordingly.
Here, you may also delete the reminder by tapping on the delete icon . The watch will then return to the screen showing all remaining reminders.
• If the reminder was for taking photos , the watch will open the camera app.
• If the reminder was for opening the photo gallery , the watch will open the photo gallery app.
In the settings, swipe left and right on the display to scroll through different setting submenus. Below are settings available on the watch:
- Brightness time
- Parental Control
- Settings (advanced)
o Storage location
o Factory reset
This allows parents to set time limits for how long games can be played per day.
- Enter the settings menu and open the parental control submenu.
- Tap and hold on the screen for three seconds, then you will be asked to identify a colour on the screen, Tap three times to confirm. Once this has been completed, you will gain access to the parental controls.
- Select between a daily limit of 15, 30, 60, or 90 minutes, or no limit. Games can also be disabled completely.
- Tap the tick icon to confirm the selection.
- To preserve battery life, the screen will automatically shut off after a short period of time when on the lock screen.
- The auto screen off time can be set to 15, 30, 45, or 60 seconds, or be disabled (leaving the display on until it is manually turned off). To adjust the auto screen off time, enter the settings menu .
- If using the camera, the watch will return to the lock screen after three minutes of inactivity.
- When the photo gallery, the watch will return to the lock screen after 15 minutes of inactivity.
- When accessing other functions of the watch, it will return to the lock screen after one minute of inactivity.
- If a timer is running, instead of returning to the lock screen, it will enter the timer. The watch will not turn off if a timer is running.
The amount of time the battery lasts between charges depends on usage. Like other electronic devices, more frequent usage will mean the battery will drain more quickly. Some activities will be more demanding on the battery, such as taking photos and videos. The expected battery life is shown below. This assumes that the screen is turned off when not in use.
|Usage rate||Battery life|
|Low usage||2 weeks|
|Average usage||2~3 days|
|Heavy usage||1 day|
The watch should be charged at least once a week.
Low battery reminder
- There will be a reminder when the battery is below 30%.
- Games cannot be played when the battery is below 10%.
- When the battery level is low, only the clock/time display will be available.
- If the battery level is too low and cannot keep the clock running, you will need to enter the time and date again after recharging.
- It is recommended to recharge the battery as soon as possible before further use.
Press and hold the home button for three seconds to return the watch to standby.
Do not turn off the power switch during daily use.
Resetting the watch
A reset should only be performed by adults.
- Insert the end of an unfolded paper clip or pin, then press and hold the reset button.
The watch will then perform a hard reset. Remove the unfolded paper clip or pin once complete.
- Insert the Micro-USB cable into the watch and charge.
- Press and hold the home button for two seconds to power the watch on.
CLEANING & CARE
Ensure the watch is turned off before cleaning.
- Wipe the watch with a slightly damp cloth.
- To keep the camera lenses clean and prevent blurrier photos/videos, blow on the lenses, and gently wipe with a dry cloth.
Keep the rubber cover of the Micro-USB port closed when it is not used to prevent dust or water from getting into the port.
|The watch is not turning on.||• Press and hold the home button for three seconds to turn the watch off, then hold the home button again for three seconds to turn it back on.
• Reset the watch. If it still does not work, try to recharge the battery, and reset the watch again.
|The watch is not charging.||• Try to charge the watch with a different Micro-USB cable.
• Check if the computer’s USB port or adapter you are using to charge the device (not supplied) is working with other electronic devices.
• If still not working, reset the watch.
|The display is looking abnormal.||Hold the home button for three seconds to turn the watch off, then wait for 30 seconds. Hold the home button again for three seconds to turn it back on.|
|The images taken by the cameras are unclear.||• Ensure the lighting conditions of the shooting environment are good.
• Check to see if the camera lenses are clean. If unclean, blow on the lenses and gently wipe with a dry cloth.
|The watch is unable to connect to the computer.||• Check the connections on the Micro-USB cable between the watch and the computer. Ensure the cable is securely connected at both ends.
• Hold the home button for three seconds to turn the watch off, then wait for 30 seconds. Hold the home button again for three seconds to turn it back on.
• Unplug the Micro-USB cable from the computer and reconnect.
|There is not enough memory/storage.||• If you have run out of memory, you may need to delete some of your files. These may include photos, videos, voice recordings and music files. Transfer these to your computer before deleting from the watch.
• Alternatively, to delete all data, head to Settings > Advanced > Storage Location and clear the memory.
If these issues cannot be resolved with the listed solutions, contact help.Kogan.com for assistance.
|Display||1.54″ IPS touch screen|
|Photo resolution||240 x 240|
|Video resolution||176 x 144|
|Storage capacity||506KB usable space + 512MB available with
MicroSD card (in-built, non-removable)
|Photo and video file format||Photos: Baseline standard JPEG
Video: AVI (Motion JPEG)
|Battery||400mAh Li-ion polymer battery (non-replaceable)|
Need more information?
We hope that this user guide has given you the assistance needed for a simple set-up.
For the most up-to-date guide for your product, as well as any additional assistance you may require, head online to help.kogan.com
Documents / Resources
|kogan KASMRWTCBLB Kids Smartwatch [pdf] User Guide|
KASMRWTCBLB, KASMRWTCPKB, KASMRWTCBLB Kids Smartwatch, Kids Smartwatch, Smartwatch