សៀវភៅណែនាំអ្នកប្រើប្រាស់ឧបករណ៍វាស់សំណើមឈើ Tanel HIT-3
DECRIPTION AND APPLICATIONS
The Wood Moisture Meter HIT -3 is a state -of the
-art electronic device for measuring wood moisture in a range from 6% to 60% of moisture contents. The whole device is fitted into a hammer electrode. The device can be used for measuring moisture contents in over 270 different wood types. The moisture meter is also equipped with a temperature compensation circuit.
Moisture Meter HI -3 is widely used in wood industry, forestry and other industries utilising wood.
- ជួរ: 6 %- 60 % moisture contents
- Accuracy (at 20°C)
- within range 6 – 12.9 % ± 1%
- within range 13– 28.9% ± 2 %
- within range 29 – 60% approx. 10 % of measured value
- Number of wood types: 12 (270)
- Wood temp. range: -10° ÷ 60° C
- Display LCD: Power 1 battery 23A, 12 V
- បិទថាមពលដោយស្វ័យប្រវត្តិ៖ បាទ
- ថាមពលថ្ម: ប្រហាក់ប្រហែល ការវាស់វែង ២០០០
- ទំហំ: X X 180 80 42 មម
- ទំងន់: approx. 0.8 kG
The standard Wood Moisture Meter HIT-3 is equipped with 2 sets of needle s Φ3.5 x 12 mm.
The following optional electrodes are available:
- needlesΦ 2.0 x6 mm
- veneer electrodes (no holes) (measuring range 6 % to 20 %)
PREPARING THE INSTRUMENT
Use the ”WOOD TYPE” button to select the appropriate wood type group and the “WOOD TEMP.” button to set the wood temperature. The temperature setting step is 2°C. Pressing and holding the “WOOD TEMP.” button “fast forwards” the setting. This can be used to quickly change the temperature set ting e.g. from -10°C to 40°C.
The most common European wood types are listed in a table on the instrument
All exotic wood types (270 species) listed in the users manual (page 6 and next) are divided into 4 groups. During measurements of moisture content s of exotic wood types the “WOOD TYPE” should be set to:
- Group 1 – select 1
- Group 2 – select 2
- Group 3 – select 3
- Group 4 – select 4
We recommend that the length of the needles you use should
be about 25 -30 % of the thickness of the timber. With this length of needles the device displays the average moisture contents.
To conduct measurements:
- press and hold for a while the “ON/OFF” button to turn the instrument on
- hamme r the instrument into the wood , a line drawn between the needles should be perpendicular to the fibers (the resistance should be measured across the fibers) , –
- the strength used for hitting the wood should be appropriate to the hardness of the wood , do not use excess force , hitting the wood with the body of the device (when the needles have been completely inserted into the wood) may damage the device-
- wait until the result stabilizes-
- read the result on the LCD
- the instrument can be turned off by pressing and holding the “ON/OFF” button or it will turn off automatically after approx. 5 minutes.
While conducting the measurements you should observe the following rules:
- Conduct the measurement no closer than 0.3 m from each end of the timber or in the middle, if the planks are shorter than 0.6 m.
- Choose the spots for measurements at random.
- Do not take the measurements where defects in the wood occur.
- Make 3 measurements on each side of the timber.
The measuring range of the Wood Moisture Meter HIT-3 is 6% – 60% moisture contents. Moisture contents below 6% is indicated as “LO” on the LCD. All results over 60% are indicated as “HI”.
MEASURING VERY DRY WOOD
Measurements of moisture contents in a very dry wood (below 10%) are subject to interference. This can be observed when the result of the measurement becomes unstable. The sources of the interference are electrostatic charges and electromagnetic fields. Often the measurements of very dry wood are conducted in a very dry environment (below 30% RH) and this additionally increases the problem.
When measuring a very dry wood:
- do the measurements in a place where the electro-magnetic interference is minimal (away from electric engines, high voltage wires etc.),
- do not walk around the device,
- use thin needles because they provide a better contact with the wood,
- after inserting the needles, turn the device off and on again, place your hands on the wood to discharge any electrostatic charges,
- in extremely difficult conditions place the timber on a grounded metal plate or wire mesh.
During normal operation the battery should last for at least 1 year. The meter is equipped with an active power level control unit. When the power drops below acceptable level a pulsating sign “BAT” appears on the LCD. This indicates that the battery has expired and should be replaced with a new one. To replace the battery (Fig. 2):
- unscrew the plastic cork in the handle of the device (an internal spring will push the battery out),
- gently sidle the battery compartment out of the handle (but no further),
- take out the old battery,
- put the new battery into the compartment (pay attention to correct polarization – minus towards the spring),
- push the battery compartment back in and screw the plastic cork back on.
- (ក) The most common cause of bending or breaking the needles is
an incorrect way of pulling it out of the wood. To prevent the
needles from bending (especially long needles in a hard wood)
slide something (like a screwdriver) between the electrode and
- (ខ) Every several hundred measurements check if the needles didn’t become loose. Loose needles bend or break more easily.
- (គ) When measuring a very thick timber you can use nails of appropriate length and Φ1.5-2.5 mm. (see 5. SELECTING NEEDLES). The distance between them should be 25 mm. A line drawn between them should be perpendicular to the fibers. Then touch the nail heads’ with the needles of the device, turn on the moisture meter and read the result..
- (ឃ) When measuring moisture contents in narrow pieces of wood you can do it along the fibers. For moisture contents over 20% the result will be a little bit higher than the real moisture contents. Results below 20% will not be noticeably influenced by the direction of the measurement.
- (ង) Wood Moisture Meter HIT-3 is an electronic device. The components used for production of HIT-3 guarantee its reliable and long operation. The part that is most often subject to accidental damage is the LCD. Please pay special attention not to damage the LCD during the measurements.
- (ច) When a needle breaks use a small screwdriver to unscrew the broken part of the needle or remove the plastic part, unscrew the bolts with the springs and unscrew the broken needles from the inside.
ក្រុម 2 (set “WOOD TYPE” to 2 )
|Assegai Avodiré Box-tree
Brazilian-rosewood Chipboard (urea bonded)
Cedar, white + red Cocuswood Columbian pine Cypress, southern Dahoma
Dogwood Douglasie Ebony, afr. + asiat. Ebony, macassar Europen aspen Freijo
Goncalo Groupie Greenheart Guaycan Hardboard Idigbo
|Iroko Jarrah Karri Kempas Kokrodua
Mahagony, Khaya Mahagony, Sapelli Massaranduba Mecrusse
Moabi Mora Mucarati Muhimbi Muhuhu
Mukulungu Mukusi Niove
Nyankom Obeche Okoume Olive tree Ozouga Pear
Pink Ivory wood Pockholz Pyinkado Quebracho blanco Quebracho colorado
Redcedar, western Sandalwood Sapele
Sasswood Satinwood Snake wood Sucupira Tali
Teak Tulipwood Wacapou Wattle, black Wenge
ក្រុម 3 (set “WOOD TYPE” to 3 )
|Abura Afcelia Agathis Agba Alder Alstonia
American – mahagony
|Andiroba Andoung Angelin Angelique Antiaris Ash, americ. Ash, jap.
Ash, meanness Aspen
|Azobé Baboen Bahia Baitoa Balau Balsa Balsamo
Banga Wanga Basswood Berlinia
Gruop 3 cont. (set “WOOD TYPE” to 3 )
|Birch, yellow Birch, meanness Blackwood, afr. Blackwood, austr. Blue Gum Bomax
Borneo Camphorwood Brushbox Bruyere
Cabbage-bark, black Campeche Campherwood, real Campherwood, afr. Canarium, afr.
Cativo Chengal Cherry Chickrassy Cocobolo Coigue Cypresse
Daniellia Danta Diambi Douka Elm
Esia Eucalyptus Europen-plane Evino
Eyong Fraké Gerongang Gedu Nohor
|Guatambu Gum-tree Haldu Hemlock Hickory Hornbeam Horse-cestnut Ilomba Izombe Jacareuba Jelutong Juniper
Kauri Keruing Koto Landa
Larch, europ. Larch, jap. Larch, sibir. Laurel, Chile Laurel, Indian Limbali
Louro, vermecho Madrono, Pacific Magnolia Mahagony, Kosipo Mahagony, Tiama Makore Manbarklak Manio
Maple, soft Maple, sugar Menkulang Meranti, yellow Meranti, white
|Merawan Merbau Mersawa Moringui Muninga Musizi Mutenye Myrtle
Nyatch Oak, jap. Oak, red
Oak, stone Oak, white Oak, grape Oak, haft Okan Okwen Olivillo
Opepe Ovangkol Ozigo Padouk, afr.
Padouk, burma Padouk, Manila Paldao
Partidge Pencil-wood, afr. + virg.
Pencil-wood, calif. Pernambuc
Pine, black + red Pine,
weymouth + stone Pine,
pitch + insignis Plum-tree
Podo Ponderosa Pine
ក្រុម 3 cont. (set “WOOD TYPE” to 3 )
|Port-orfordcedar Purpleheart Quaruba
Red peroba Redwood, calif. Rengas Robinie
Roble Safukala Saligna Gum Sapo
|Seraya, white + red
+ yellow Sikon
Spruce Western White
Shore-pine Sucamore Sugi
Sweet-chestnut Sweetgum Tchitola Thuya-Maser Tangile
|Tupelo Umbrella-tree Walnut, americ.
White-afara White-peroba Willow Wood-fiber
insulating panels Yang
ក្រុម 4 (set “WOOD TYPE” to 4 )
|African walnut Akatio
|Bubinga Brasilian walnut
Lauran, white + red Mahagony, Sipo
|Mahagony Mansonia Meranti, dark red Meranti, light red|
TANEL Electronic warrants the Moisture Meter HIT-3 to be free from malfunction and defects in both materials and workmanship for one year (12 months) from the date of purchase.
If the Moisture Meter HIT-3 does not function properly during the warranty period due to defects in either, materials or workmanship, our company will, at its option, either repair or replace the instrument without charge, subject to the conditions and limitations stated herein. Such repair service will include any necessary adjustments and replacement part.
This warranty does not cover damage that may occur if you use excess force (in variance with instructions of this users manual) to hammer the device into the wood.
This warranty becomes null and void if you fail to pack your HIT3 in a manner consistent with the original product packaging and damage occurs during product shipment.
This warranty does not cover: circumstance beyond our company’s control; service required as the result of unauthorized modifications or service; misuse, abuse; failure to follow our company operating or maintenance instructions
Repair or replacement without charge is our company’s only obligation under this warranty. Our company will not be responsible for any special, consequential or incidental damages resulting from the purchase, use, or improper functioning of this equipment regardless of the cause. Such damages for which our company’s will not be responsible include, but are not limited to, loss of revenue or profit, downtime costs, loss of use of the equipment, cost of any substitute equipment, facilities of services, or claims of your customers for such damages.
We recommend to prevent faulty result in measurements please check your meter reading results within a adequate time period by the dry oven test according DIN 52 183 Standard.
The electronic circuit board is supported by a special rubber ring which serves as shock absorber. This allows the board to “float” at impact. Do not screw the mounting screws so firmly that the board is rigidly fastened to the housing.
Please remember to carefully screw the needles all the way (no leeway).
Store the moisture meter in a dry place (20% – 70% RH).
In case the device gets moist, dry it (using a heater or in the sun). See users’ manual (paragraph 11).
TANEL ELECTRONICS & IT, ភាពជាដៃគូទូទៅ
POLAND, 44-100 GLIWICE, KOPERNIKA 121
TEL. (+48) 32 234-96-15, 32 238-16-15
|Tanel HIT-3 Wood Moisture Meter [pdf] សៀវភៅណែនាំអ្នកប្រើប្រាស់|
HIT-3, Wood Moisture Meter, HIT-3 Wood Moisture Meter