KLARSTEIN Wine Cooler BAROSSA 40D User Manual
Congratulations on purchasing this equipment. Please read this manual carefully and take care of the following hints to avoid damages. Any failure caused by ignoring the items and cautions mentioned in the instruction manual is not covered by our warranty and any liability. Scan the QR code to get access to the latest user manual and other information about the product.
- Check that the voltage of the power supply in your home is the same as the voltage shown on the rating label of this product.
- This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Children shall not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
- Keep ventilation opening, in the appliance enclosure or in the built-in structure, clear of obstruction.
- Do not use mechanical devices or other means to accelerate the defrosting process, other than those recommended by the manufacturer.
- Do not use electrical appliances inside the food storage compartments of the appliance, unless they are of the type recommended by the manufacturer.
- Do not damage the refrigerant circuit.
- If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer or its service agent or a similarly qualified person in order to avoid a hazard.
- It is recommended to check regularly the supply cord for any sign of possible deterioration, and the appliance should not be used if the cable is damaged.
- To avoid injury or death from electrical shock, do not operate the appliance with wet hands, while standing on a wet surface.
- It is not recommended to use this refrigerator with an extension cord or power board. Please ensure that the appliance is plugged directly into the electrical outlet.
- When positioning the appliance, ensure that there is at least a 5 cm clearance at the sides and a 10 cm clearance at the back as this is the main outlet for heat. This will allow for adequate ventilation.
- Do not place hot food or drink into the refrigerator before it cools down to room temperature.
- Close the door immediately after putting in any items so the inside temperature will not rise dramatically.
- Keep appliance away from any heat source or direct sunlight.
- To fix stably, the appliance must be placed on a flat and solid surface. It should not be laid on any soft material.
- Do not place any other appliance on top of the refrigerator, and do not wet it.
- Do not store something like ether, methanol, gasoline, which is easy to evaporate burn or explode.
- Do not use outdoors or in wet conditions.
- Never pull the cord to disconnect it from the outlet. Grasp the plug and pull it from the outlet.
- Keep the cord away from heated surfaces.
- This appliance has been incorporated with a grounded plug. Please ensure the wall outlet in your house is well earthed.
- Connect your refrigerator to an independent electrical socket and use a safe ground wire.
- Defrost the freezer at least once a month because too much frost may affect refrigeration.
- Turn on electricity only 5 minutes later after electricity goes off. Otherwise, the compressor may be damaged.
This appliance contains the coolant isobutane (R600a), a natural gas which is environmentally friendly. Although it is flammable, it does not damage the ozone layer and does not increase the greenhouse effect. The use of this coolant has,however,led to a slight increase in the noise level of the appliance. In addition to the noise of the compressor,you might be able to hear the coolant fl owing around the system. This is unavoidable,and does not have any adverse effect on the performance of the appliance. Care must be taken during the transportation and setting up of the appliance that no parts of the cooling system are damaged. Leaking coolant can damage the eyes.
- Children between the ages of 3 and 8 are allowed to fi ll refrigerators with food and remove food.
- When positioning the unit, make sure that the power cord is not pinched or damaged.
- Make sure that there are no multiple sockets or power supplies on the back of the unit.
To avoid contamination of food, please follow the instructions below:
- A prolonged opening of the door can lead to a signifi cant rise in temperature in the
compartments of the appliance.
When using, servicing and disposing of the unit, pay attention to the left symbol on the rear of the unit or on the compressor. This symbol warns of possible fires. There are flammable substances in the refrigerant lines and in the compressor. Keep the appliance away from sources of fire during use, maintenance and disposal.
Notes on correct use
- This device is intended exclusively for the storage of wine.
- This appliance is not intended for use as a built-in appliance unless explicitly mentioned in the instructions.
- This appliance is not suitable for freezing food.
- The shelves have been installed in advance to allow the most efficient use of energy.
Note: It is recommended to set the temperature to 12 °C. If the temperature is set too high, the wine may spoil; if the temperature is set too low, a lot of electricity is consumed.
BEFORE FIRST USE
Before connecting the wine cooler to the power source, let it stand upright for approximately 4 hours. This will reduce the possibility of a malfunction in the cooling system from improper handling during transportation. Clean the interior surface with lukewarm water using a soft cloth (see Maintenance and Cleaning).
- This wine cooler is designed to be free standing only, and should not be recessed or built-in.
- Allow 5 inches of space between the back and sides of the wine cooler, which allows the proper air ventilation. Adjust the feet to keep the wine cooler level. Locate the wine cooler away from direct sunlight and sources of heat (stove, heater, radiator, etc.). Direct sunlight may affect the acrylic coating and heat sources may increase electrical consumption. Ambient temperature below 5°C or above 32°C will hinder the performance of this appliance.
- Depending on the location of the appliance, the direction of the door opens can be changed.
- This unit is not designed for use in a garage or any other outside installation.
- Avoid locating the wine cooler in moist areas.
- Plug the wine cooler into dedicated, properly installed-grounded wall outlet. Do not under any circumstances cut or remove the third (ground) prong from the power cord. Any questions concerning power and/or grounding should be directed toward a certified electrician or an authorized service center.
- This unit is not designed to be installed in an RV or used with an inverter.
- After plugging the wine cooler into a wall outlet, turn the unit on and allow the unit to cool down for 3-4 hours under before placing wine bottles or beverages in the appliance.
- Keep ventilation openings in the appliance enclosure, clear of obstruction.
Control Panel and Buttons
Switching display temperatures in Celsius or Fahrenheit. To choose one of these displays press the button for 5 seconds.
Select the Temperature
Your wine cellar has one single compartment. The temperature can be chosen between 5°C and 18°C (40° and 65°F).
Before switching on
- Make sure that it has been installed by a suitably qualified person, as per the information contained in the installation instructions.
- After delivery, wait for 24 hours before connecting the appliance to your mains supply. This will allow any refrigerant gasses that may have been disturbed during the transportation process to settle.
- The outside of the appliance and the removable accessories contained within it, should be cleaned with a solution of liquid detergent and water.
- The interior of the appliance should be cleaned with a solution of sodium bicarbonate dissolved in lukewarm water. The interior and accessories should be thoroughly dried, after the cleaning process has been completed.
- There can be an odour when you first switch on the appliance. It will lessen as the appliance starts to cool.
During first use
Important: When you use the wine cooler for the first time or restart the appliance after it has been turned off for a long time, there could be a few degrees variance between the temperature you select and the one indicated on the LED display. This is normal and it is due to the length of activation time. Once the wine cooler has been running for a few hours everything will be back to normal.
When you first switch on the appliance, the compressor will run continuously until
the wine cooler reaches a cool enough temperature.
- During this period of time, you should try not to open the door frequently or place bottles inside of the appliance.
- If the unit is switched off or unplugged, you must allow at least 5 minutes before restarting the appliance or reconnecting it to your mains supply.
Switching on the appliance and setting the temperature
- To switch the appliance on, press the Power button and hold 5 seconds, turn the appliance off again, press and hold the Power button for 5 seconds.
- When you press the TEMPERATURE SET BUTTONS [+] or [-] for the first time, the LED display will indicate the factory preset temperature.
- Press the TEMPERATURE SET BUTTONS [+] or [-] once. The display will increase or descrease 1°C or 1°F until the temperature you want.
- To see the set temperature at any time, touch the buttons UP BUTTON [+] or DOWN BOTTON [-] set temperatures temporarily flash on the display for about 5 seconds.
Important: When the temperature is changed, the compressor works harder to reach the required temperature. And the compressor will work slowly and even stop working when the set temperature is reached.
Loading the wine cooler
Important: Your appliance is ideally suited to store 0.75 litre Bordeaux style wine bottles. Whilst it can store larger bottles, you must make sure that they do not prevent the door from shutting properly.
- Always check that you can close the door without it fouling on a wine bottle, before shutting it.
- When loading several bottles of wine at once, it will take longer for the appliance to cool the individual bottles.
- As many bottles may differ in size and dimensions, the actual number of bottles you are able to store may vary.
- The maximum storage number is based on standard 0.75 litre Bordeaux style wine bottles.
Storing your wines
CLEANING AND CARE
Cleaning the Unit
- First switch off the unit and disconnect the power plug from the socket. Remove the entire contents.
- Wash the interior with a damp cloth dipped in lukewarm water with a little detergent.
- Make sure that the rubber seal on the door is clean so that the unit remains powerful.
- The exterior of the wine refrigerator should be cleaned with a mild detergent.
- Dry the inside and outside with a soft cloth.
- Dust and anything else that blocks the exhaust air openings will reduce the cooling capacity of the unit. If necessary, suck off the exhaust air opening.
Shutdown in absentia
- Turn off the unit first. Then disconnect the power plug.
- Remove the entire contents.
- Clean the unit.
- Keep the lid open slightly to prevent condensation, mould or odours.
Installation at another Location
- Turn off the unit first. Disconnect the power plug.
- Remove the entire contents.
- Secure all loose objects with adhesive tape.
- Tape the doors shut.
Energy Saving Tips
The wine refrigerator should be placed in the coolest place in the room, away from appliances that emit heat. heating pipes and direct sunlight. Make sure the door is properly closed when the wine refrigerator is on.
PRODUCT DATA SHEET
Information according to Regulation (EU) No. 2019/2016
If there is a legal regulation for the disposal of electrical and electronic devices in your country, this symbol on the product or on the packaging indicates that this product must not be disposed of with household waste. Instead, it must be taken to a collection point for the recycling of electrical and electronic equipment. By disposing of it in accordance with the rules, you are protecting the environment and the health of your fellow human beings from negative consequences. For information about the recycling and disposal of this product, please contact your local authority or your household waste disposal service.
MANUFACTURER & IMPORTER (UK)
Chal-Tec GmbH, Wallstrasse 16, 10179 Berlin, Germany.
Importer for Great Britain:
Chal-Tec UK limited
Unit 6 Riverside Business Centre
Read More About This Manual & Download PDF:
Documents / Resources
|KLARSTEIN Wine Cooler BAROSSA 40D [pdf] User Manual|
KLARSTEIN, Wine Cooler, BAROSSA 40D