KLARSTEIN 10029824 Biggie Small Fully Automatic Cooker
Congratulations on purchasing this device. Please read the following instructions carefully and follow them to prevent possible damages. We assume no liability for damage caused by disregard of the instructions and improper use. Scan the QR code to get access to the latest user manual and more product information.
|Item number ||10029824 |
|Power supply ||220-240 V ~ 50/60 Hz |
| ||CAUTION |
Risk of burns! The unit becomes hot during use. Only touch the controls and handles so that you do not burn yourself.
- Check the appliance and the power cord regularly for damage. Do not use the unit if the power cord or the appliance is damaged.
- When not in use, turn off the power and unplug the appliance. Allow the appliance to cool completely before cleaning and storing.
- Place the appliance on a stable, level and heat-resistant surface. Allow at least 20 cm of space around the appliance to walls and other equipment.
- Never completely immerse the appliance in water or other liquids, as this may damage the electrical parts.
- This device may be only used by children 8 years old or older and persons with limited physical, sensory and mental capabilities and / or lack of experience and knowledge, provided that they have been instructed in use of the device
by a responsible person who understands the associated risks.
- Do not attempt to repair the appliance yourself. Repairs may only be carried
out by qualifi ed specialists.
- Do not move the appliance while it is in operation. Be very careful when moving equipment with hot liquids.
- Do not use any accessories other than those supplied.
Note: Note: To enjoy boiled meat and vegetables safely, always boil these foods twice: The second heating after at least 24 hours. You can fi nd more information about this at: https://www.bzfe.de/inhalt/einkochen-1348.html (Federal Centre for Nutrition)
BEFOR FIRST USE
- Before using the cooker for the fi rst time, boil fresh water to remove dust and
production residues. Add 6 litres of water and set the thermostat to MAX.
- To start the cooker, set the TIMER to 60 minutes. When the time has elapsed,
the appliance switches off automatically.
- Allow the appliance to cool down and remove the water.
- You can now use the cooker.
|1 ||Housing cover ||6 ||Thermostat button |
|2 ||Handles ||7 ||Warning light |
|3 ||Stainless steel pot ||8 ||Timer |
|4 ||Housing lower part ||9 ||Grid insert |
|5 ||On / off switch || || |
The appliance can be used both for boiling food and for heating water and other liquids.
- The appliance can be used in many ways: for preserving, cooking, heating in a water bath, preparing hot beverages, blanching vegetables, etc.
- Thick foods that tend to burn must be heated slowly with constant stirring.
- Should your appliance ever boil empty, an additional safety switch prevents overheating. Allow the appliance to cool down thoroughly before refilling with water, otherwise there is a risk of burns from hot steam. This can also damage the enamel surface. Odor may occur during first use, but will disappear after a short period of operation.
The unit has a capacity of 20 liters. The liquid level may reach up to max. 4 cm
below the upper edge of the housing.
- For hygienic reasons, the unit should be boiled once.
- To do this, fill in approx. 4 liters of water, set the thermostat to max. and switch the unit on using the timer. To do this, set the switch-on knob clockwise to approx. 60 min. After the set time, the unit switches off automatically. After cooling down, the device can be used.
Notes on preserving
- Preserving is the process of preserving food without the use of chemical preservatives. The heat generated kills the germs present in the preserved food. At the same time, the resulting vacuum seals the preserving jar germfree and airtight. Depending on the type and mass of the preserving material, a distinction is made between sterilization and pasteurization. In sterilization, the food is heated to at least 100°C. In pasteurization, the temperature is lower than in sterilization. For pasteurization, the heating temperature is 80°C.
- Pasteurization is sufficient for household use. Appropriate canning jars with screw caps or caps with rubber rings are required.
To enjoy boiled meat and vegetables safely, always boil these foods twice: The second heating after at least 24 hours. You can find more information about this at: https://www.bzfe.de/inhalt/einkochen-1348.html (Federal Centre for Nutrition)
Switching the device on and off
- Set the thermostat to the desired temperature Set the on / off switch to „I“.
- Turn the switch counterclockwise to continuous operation (Cont.). The device will heat up. The indicator light will come on, signaling that the heater is active.
- Once the set temperature is reached, the device will sound a beep and the indicator light will turn off. The beep indicates that the cooking time (see Preserves Table) must now be set. Turn to the timer clockwise to the desired time.
- The temperature is then held at the set value. The temperature light will go out, but every now and then will light up again when the temperature falls below the set value and the device must heat up again. A constant temperature is important for the quality of the preserve.
- When the cooking time has elapsed the device switches off automatically
- Place the rack in the cooker.
- Fill the food into jars and close the jars.
- Stack the jars on the rack as shown in the illustration.
Note: For smaller glasses, more glasses will fit into the device.
- Fill the cooker with enough water to cover the highest glass of 3⁄4 with water. Do not exceed the maximum mark.
- Put on the lid and turn on the main switch (ON). Please note that a timer must be set for the appliance to start heating. Depending on the fill level and target temperature, this can take up to 90 minutes. As soon as the set temperature is reached, the appliance automatically switches from heating mode to warmkeeping mode.
- Then set the temperature and time according to the cooking table. The time indicated there applies from the point at which the target temperature is reached. The timer does not take into account the lower temperature during the warm-up time due to the design.
- After the set time has elapsed, the cooker automatically switches off and a signal tone sounds.
- Turn off the thermostat and set the main switch to OFF before unplugging the appliance.
- Place the appliance in the sink or tub and drain the water by pressing the tap down. Let the appliance cool down.
- After the appliance has cooled down, remove the glasses with oven gloves or pliers as they will be hot for a long time. Allow the glasses to cool completely
Note: This information is recommendations.
|Fruit ||°C ||Min |
|Apples soft / hard ||90 ||30 |
|Apple sauce ||90 ||30 |
|Apricots ||80 ||30 |
|Blueberries ||90 ||30 |
|Cherries ||80 ||25 |
|Currants / cranberries ||100 ||30 |
|Mirabelles / greengages ||80 ||30 |
|Peaches ||90 ||25 |
|Pears soft / hard ||90 ||30 |
|Plums / prunes ||90 ||30 |
|Quince ||90 ||30 |
|Raspberries / gooseberries ||90 ||30 |
|Rhubarb ||95 ||25 |
|Strawberries / blackberries ||85 ||25 |
Note: The preserving jars are hot after boiling. Use pliers or oven gloves to remove the jars. Keep preserves dry, cool and dark.
|Vegetables ||°C ||Min |
|Asparagus ||100 ||90 |
|Beans ||100 ||120 |
|Brussels sprouts / cabbage ||100 ||120 |
|Carrots ||100 ||90 |
|Cauliflower ||90 ||30 |
|Celery ||90 ||30 |
|Kohlrabi ||100 ||90 |
|Mushrooms ||100 ||120 |
|Peas ||100 ||120 |
|Pickled gherkins ||100 ||110 |
|Pumpkin ||100 ||120 |
|Tomatoes / tomato paste ||90 ||30 |
| || || |
|Meat ||°C ||Min |
|Game / poultry, well-done ||100 ||120 |
|Meat broth ||100 ||60 |
|Meat, well-done ||100 ||75 |
|Minced sausage meat, raw ||100 ||75 |
|Roast meat, well-done ||100 ||110 |
Note: When heating liquids, do not fill the stove more than 5 cm below the top edge, otherwise liquid may leak during heating.
- Add the desired drink or water to the stove.
- Put on the lid, switch on the appliance and set the desired temperature. When the desired temperature is reached, the stove automatically switches to warm mode.
- Stir the drink regularly to distribute the heat evenly.
- If you want to fill the drink, hold a cup under the tap and push the tap down. When the cup is full, release the tap.
Note: Do not use the tap when heating liquids with pieces (fruit punch, soup). Otherwise it may clog.
CLEANING AND CARE
- Allow the unit and the unit to cool down completely before cleaning.
- Always unplug the appliance before cleaning.
- Clean the bottom of the pot with a soft brush or a damp cloth. Never use sharp or hard objects to avoid damaging the surface.
- Wipe the case with a damp, soft cloth. Then wipe with a dry cloth.
If there is a legal regulation for the disposal of electrical and electronic devices in your country, this symbol on the product or on the packaging indicates that this product must not be disposed of with household waste. Instead, it must be taken to a collection point for the recycling of electrical and electronic equipment. By disposing of it in accordance with the rules, you are protecting the environment and the health of your fellow human beings from negative consequences. For information about the recycling and disposal of this product, please contact your local authority or your household waste disposal service.
MANUFACTURER & IMPORTER (UK)
Chal-Tec GmbH, Wallstrasse 16, 10179 Berlin, Germany
Importer for Great Britain:
Berlin Brands Group UK Ltd
PO Box 1145
Oxford, OX1 9UW
Documents / Resources