5 Cup Cordless Food Chopper
PARTS AND FEATURES
2 Drive Adapter
3 Multipurpose Blade
4 Pour Spout
5 Bowl (1.18 Litre/ 5 Cup)
7 Battery Status Indicator
8 Charging Port
|9 Speed Controller
10 Charger Adapter Pin
11 Charger Adapter
13 Whisking Accessory
14 Pulse/On Button
15 Drizzle Basin
16 Storage Case
Your safety and the safety of others are very important. We have provided many important safety messages in this manual and on your appliance. Always read and obey all safety messages.
This is the safety alert symbol. This symbol alerts you to potential hazards that can kill or hurt you and others. All safety messages will follow the safety alert symbol and either the word “DANGER” or “WARNING.” These words mean:
DANGER You can be killed or seriously injured if you don’t immediately follow instructions.
WARNING You can be killed or seriously injured if you don’t follow instructions.
All safety messages will tell you what the potential hazard is, tell you how to reduce the chance of injury, and tell you what can happen if the instructions are not followed.
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the following:
- Read all instructions. Misuse of appliance may result in personal injury.
- To protect against risk of electrical shock, do not put the Base of Cordless Food Chopper, Charger Adapter, cord, or electrical plug in water or other liquid.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory, or mental capabilities, or lack of experience or knowledge, unless they are closely supervised and instructed concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- Turn the appliance OFF when not in use, before assembling or disassembling parts and before cleaning. To unplug the charger, grasp the plug and pull from the outlet. Never pull from the power cord.
- European Union only: This appliance shall not be used by children. Keep the appliance and its cord out of reach of children. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
- European Union only: Appliances can be used by persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Children shall not play with the appliance.
- Avoid contacting moving parts.
- The appliance contains batteries that are non-replaceable.
- Do not operate any appliance or Charger Adapter with a damaged cord or plug or after the appliance malfunctions, or is dropped or damaged in any manner. Contact the manufacturer at their customer service telephone number for information on examination, repair, or adjustment.
- The use of attachments not recommended or sold by the manufacturer may cause fire, electric shock, or injury.
- Do not use the appliance outdoors.
- Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter.
- Keep hands and utensils away from the cutting blade while chopping food to reduce the risk of severe injury to person, or damage to the Cordless Food Chopper. A scraper may be used, but only when the Cordless Food Chopper is not running.
- Blades are sharp. Care should be taken when handling the sharp cutting blades, emptying the jar and during cleaning.
- To reduce the risk of injury, never place cutting blade on Base without first putting bowl properly in place.
- If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by a special cord or assembly available from the manufacturer or its service agent.
- Be certain cover is securely locked in place before operating the Cordless Food Chopper.
- Do not attempt to defeat the cover interlock mechanism.
- Do not use an extension cord. Plug charger directly into an electric outlet.
- WARNING: For the purposes of recharging the battery, only use the detachable supply unit provided with this appliance. Do not attempt to use this charger with any other product. Likewise, do not attempt to charge this appliance with any other charger.
- Do not incinerate this appliance even if it is severely damaged. The batteries can explode in a fire.
- Refer to the “Care and Cleaning” section for instructions on cleaning the surfaces in contact with food.
- This appliance is intended to be used in household and similar applications such as:
– staff kitchen areas in shops, offices, or other working environments;
– by clients in hotels, motels and other residential type environments;
– bed and breakfast type environments.
- Be careful if hot liquid is poured into the Cordless Food Chopper as it can be ejected out of the appliance due to a sudden steaming.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Input: 220-240 V~ 50-60 Hz
Cordless Food Chopper:
Voltage: 12 Volts
NOTE: If the plug does not fit in the outlet, contact a qualified electrician. Do not modify the plug in any way.
LITHIUM-ION BATTERY OPERATED PRODUCT DISPOSAL
Always dispose the battery operated products according to federal, state, and local regulations. Contact a recycling agency in your area for recycling locations.
ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT WASTE DISPOSAL
Scrapping the product
– This appliance is marked in compliance with European Directive 2012/19/EU, Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE).
– By ensuring this product is disposed of correctly, you will help prevent potential negative consequences for the environment and human health, which could otherwise be caused by inappropriate waste handling of this product.
– The symbol on the product or on the accompanying documentation indicates that it should not be treated as domestic waste but must be taken to an appropriate collection centre for the recycling of electrical and electronic equipment.
For more detailed information about treatment, recovery and recycling of this product, please contact your local city office, your household waste disposal service or the shop where you purchased the product.
DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY
This appliance has been designed, constructed and distributed in compliance with the safety requirements of EC Directives: 2014/35/EU, 2014/30/EU, 2009/125/EC and 2011/65/EU (RoHS Directive).
BEFORE FIRST USE
- Charge the battery until the Battery Status Indicator turns solid green.
- Clean all the parts (see “Care and Cleaning” section).
- Remove all packaging materials, if present.
|Battery status||% Battery status||Full charge*||Quick charge**|
|Green||30% to 100%||40 Onions||11 Onions|
|Yellow||15% to 30% (Consider charging)|
|Red||Lower than 15% (Need to charge soon)|
The Cordless Food Chopper will be fully charged in 2 hours. The Battery Status Indicator pulses
when it charges and turns to solid green with a full charge. The Cordless Food Chopper will
chop approximately 40 onions (weighing around 90 – 110 grams each) when following the
recommended battery maintenance.
In 10 minutes, the Cordless Food Chopper will quick charge. The Cordless Food Chopper will chop approximately 11 onions (weighing around 90 – 110 grams each) with one quick charge when following the recommended battery maintenance.
NOTE: Make sure to charge the battery, when the Battery Status Indicator is yellow.
NOTE: It is best to store your Cordless Food Chopper at room temperature.
SUGGESTED FOOD ITEMS – MULTIPURPOSE BLADE
|Beef||317 gm (0.7 lb)||Cut into 2.5 cm (1 inch) cubes||High||Quick pulse 10 to 15 times|
|Cookies, or Crackers Bread,||up to 4 cups||Break bread, crackers, or cookies into pieces that fit into
Bowl before processing.
|High||Quick pulse 20 to 30 times|
|Cooked fruits and vegetables||up to 2.5 cups||Cut into 2.5 cm (1 inch) cubes||High||Quick pulse 10 to 15 times|
|Herbs and Spices||up to 4 cups||Add herbs and spices as they
are; no preparation needed.
|High||Quick pulse 20 to 30 times|
|Nuts||up to 2.5 cups||Place in whole nuts||High||Quick pulse 15 to 20 times|
|Raw fruits and vegetables||up to 3 cups||Cut into 2.5 cm (1 inch) cubes||High||Quick pulse 6 to 10 times|
*Processing settings are approximate.
Actual settings may vary depending on quality of food and desired chop size.
TIP: A Quick Pulse is one second On and one second Off operation.
WHISKING ACCESSORY RECOMMENDATIONS CHART
The whisking accessory can be used to incorporate air into foods such as eggs, egg whites, heavy cream, mayonnaise, etc. Use the drizzle basin and pour spout to easily make mayonnaise or dressings.
|Suggested Food||Food Preparation||Amount||Processing Time||Setting|
|Eggs and Egg whites||Remove eggs from shells; separate yolks from whites as needed; use 1/8 tsp cream of tartar per egg.||Up to 420 mL (1.5 cups)||60 seconds||Speed 1|
|Heavy Cream||Add cream and desired flavours to work bowl.||Up to 240 mL (1 cup)||30 seconds||Speed 2|
Aioli, Salad dressing)
|Add ingredients to work bowl; use the drizzle basin while mixing to add oils.||Up to 350 mL (1.5 cups)||60 seconds||Speed 2|
TIP: Do not operate Whisk Accessory continuously for more than 60 seconds.
First, slide the Speed Controller to “O”. Then, insert the Charger Adapter Pin into the Charging Port.
Plug the Charger Adapter into an earthed electrical outlet.
The Battery Status Indicator pulses when it charges. It will be fully charged in 2 hours and the Battery Status Indicator turns solid green.
IMPORTANT: Make sure the Cordless Food Chopper is charged before using.
Make sure that the Speed Controller is at “O” position before attaching or removing any parts.
Hold the Handle facing front on the Base. Twist and lock the Bowl in the slots of the Base.
Rotate and lower the Drive Adapter and then Multipurpose Blade or optional Whisking Accessory in the centre of the Bowl until it rests at the bottom.
Add ingredients to the Bowl. Place the Lid on the Bowl. Twist and lock it into place. The Lid will click when properly locked into place.
NOTE: The Cordless Food Chopper will operate with either the Multipurpose Blade or the Whisking Accessory in place, not both. Do not try to use both at the same time.
Slide the Speed Controller to your desired setting (1 or 2).
Press down the Pulse/On Button to start.
For a coarse chop, use a pulsing motion to rapidly press and release the
Pulse/On Button until your desired results are achieved.
IMPORTANT: The Bowl and Lid must be locked into place for the Cordless Food Chopper to operate.
Use the Drizzle Basin to conveniently add liquid ingredients while processing dressings, mayonnaises, sauces, and more. Use the Pour Spout for easier serving.
Slowly pour liquids, such as oil, in the Drizzle Basin. The liquid will be efficiently and thoroughly mixed into the ingredients as they spin inside the Bowl.
Once processing is complete, remove the Lid, Drive Adapter, and Multipurpose Blade to use the Pour Spout.
CARE AND CLEANING
IMPORTANT: Make sure that the Speed Controller is at “O” position. Unplug before removing, attaching parts, or before cleaning.
Remove the Lid, Multipurpose Blade, and Drive Adapter. Hold the Base steady. Twist and lift the Bowl to unlock from the Base.
Dishwasher safe parts – top rack only: Bowl, Lid, Whisking Accessory, Drive Adapter, and Multipurpose Blade.
Wipe the Base with a damp cloth. Do not immerse the Base in water.
NOTE: For convenient storage, always reassemble the Cordless Food Chopper after cleaning.
NOTE: Mild dish soap may be used, but do not use abrasive cleaners.
TIP: You can use the Storage Case of the Cordless Food Chopper to store your product.
For detailed information about the Cordless Food Chopper:
Visit www.kitchenaid.eu for additional instructions with videos, inspiring recipes, and tips on how to use and clean your Cordless Food Chopper.
|If the Cordless Food Chopper fails to start:||Check if the Cordless Food Chopper is charged. Charge the battery when the Battery Status Indicator is red or when the battery is completely drained.|
|Make sure that the Bowl and Lid are properly aligned and locked into place.|
|If the Cordless Food Chopper is not getting charged:||If you have a circuit breaker box, check to make sure that the circuit is closed.|
|If the problem cannot be corrected:||See the “Terms of KitchenAid Guarantee (“Guarantee”)” sections. Do not return the Cordless Food Chopper to the retailer – retailers do not provide service.|
TERMS OF KITCHENAID GUARANTEE (“GUARANTEE”)
Covering U.K. – Ireland – South Africa – UAE
KitchenAid Europa, Inc., Nijverheidslaan 3, Box 5, 1853 Strombeek-Bever, Belgium (“Guarantor”) grants the end-customer, who is a consumer, a Guarantee pursuant to the
The Guarantee applies in addition to and does not limit or affect the statutory warranty rights of the end-customer against the seller of the product. In summary, the Consumer
Rights Act 2015 says products must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected lifespan of your product your legal rights entitle you to the following:
– Up to 30 days: if your product is faulty, then you can get an immediate refund.
– Up to six months: if your product can’t be repaired or replaced, then you’re entitled to a full refund, in most cases.
– Up to six years: if your product does not last a reasonable length of time you may be entitled to some money back.
These rights are subject to certain exceptions. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website www.adviceguide.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
The Guarantee applies in addition to and does not limit or affect the statutory warranty rights of the end-customer against the seller of the product under the European Communities (Certain Aspects of the Sale of Consumer Goods and Associated Guarantees Regulations 2003 (S.I. No. 11/2003)) and other enactments governing the sale of consumer goods.
FOR SOUTH AFRICA:
The Guarantee applies in addition to and does not limit or affect the statutory warranty rights of the end-customer against the seller of the product. In summary, the Consumer Protection Act, 2008 says that products must be: (i) reasonably suitable for the purpose for which they are intended; (ii) in good working order, of good quality and free of any defects; (iii) useable and durable for a reasonable period of time, having regard to the use to which they would normally be put and to all the surrounding circumstances; and (iv) in compliance with any applicable standards or any other public regulations. During the expected lifespan of your product and where the products are not purchased online, your legal rights will entitle you to the following:
– You will be entitled to a full refund, if you did not have the opportunity to examine the product before delivery and if you rejected delivery of the product on the basis that the type and quality of the product was not as reasonably expected or did not reasonably conform to the material specifications.
– Within 5 business days after delivery: you may rescind your purchase and request a refund, if your purchase resulted from direct marketing.
– Within 10 business days after delivery: you will be entitled to a full refund, if it is found that the product was unsuitable for a particular purpose specifically communicated to you by the Guarantor.
– Within 15 business days after delivery: you will be entitled to a refund if: (i) the product was not delivered to you; or (ii) if you returned the product to the Guarantor.
– Within 6 months after delivery: you will be entitled to a refund or a replacement product, if the product is defective or fails to operate in terms of its specifications.
TERMS OF KITCHENAID GUARANTEE (“GUARANTEE”)
Where you have purchased a product online your legal rights will be governed by the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, 2002 and you will be entitled to the following:
– Within 7 days after conclusion of the transaction or after delivery: you may cancel your purchase without reason and without penalty.
– Within 30 days of the date of cancellation of the transaction: you will be entitled to receive a refund, if you have already made payment.
– You will only be liable for the direct costs of returning the product to the Guarantor.
The Guarantee applies in addition to and does not limit or affect the statutory warranty rights of the end-customer against the seller of the product.
- SCOPE AND TERMS OF THE GUARANTEE
a) The Guarantor grants the Guarantee for the products mentioned under Section
1.b) which a consumer has purchased from a seller or a company of the KitchenAid Group within the following countries: U.K.,
Ireland, or South Africa, or the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
b) The Guarantee period depends on the purchased product and is as follows:
5KFCB519 Two years full guarantee from date of purchase.
c) The Guarantee period commences on the date of purchase, i.e. the date on which a consumer purchased the product from a dealer or a company of the KitchenAid-Group.
d) The Guarantee covers the defect-free nature of the product.
e) The Guarantor shall provide the consumer with the following services under this Guarantee, at the choice of the Guarantor, if a defect occurs during the Guarantee period:
– Repair of the defective product or product part, or
– Replacement of the defective product or product part. If a product is no longer available, the Guarantor is entitled to exchange the product for a product of equal or higher value.
f) If the consumer wishes to make a claim under the Guarantee, the consumer has to ontact the country specific KitchenAid service centres or the Guarantor directly at
KitchenAid Europa, Inc. Nijverheidslaan 3, Box 5, 1853 Strombeek-Bever, Belgium;
Email-Address U.K.: CONSUMERCARE.UK@kitchenaid.eu
Email-Address IRELAND: CONSUMERCARE.IE@kitchenaid.eu
Toll Free Number U.K. & IRELAND: 00 800 381 040 26
Our local KitchenAid Distributor:
PO Box 52102
Contact our distributor:
Telephone: +27 21 555 0700
You can contact our Customer Service Centre for Small Domestic Appliances from 8.30 am to 1.00pm and from 1.30 pm to 5.00 pm or write to us at the following address: email@example.com
AL GHANDI ELECTRONICS.
POST BOX NO. 9098,
DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Toll free number: +971 4 2570007
g) The costs of repair, including spare parts, and the postage costs (if applicable) for the delivery of a defect-free product or product part shall be borne by the Guarantor.
The Guarantor shall also bear the postage costs for returning the defective product or product part if the Guarantor or the country specific KitchenAid customer service centre requested the return of the defective product or product part. However, the consumer shall bear the costs of appropriate packaging for the return of the defective product or product part.
h) To be able to make a claim under the Guarantee, the consumer must present the receipt or invoice of the purchase of the product.
2) LIMITATIONS OF THE GUARANTEE
a) The Guarantee applies only to products used for private purposes and not for professional or commercial purposes.
b) The Guarantee does not apply in the case of normal wear and tear, improper or abusive use, failure to follow the instructions for use, use of the product at the wrong electrical voltage, installation and operation in violation of the applicable electrical regulations, and use of force (e.g. blows).
c) The Guarantee does not apply if the product has been modified or converted, e.g. conversions from 120 V products to 220-240 V products.
d) The provision of Guarantee services does not extend the Guarantee period, nor does it initiate the commencement of a new Guarantee period. The Guarantee period for installed spare parts ends with the Guarantee period for the entire product.
e) FOR SOUTH-AFRICA & UAE ONLY:
Further or other claims, in particular claims for damages, are excluded unless liability is mandatory by law.
After expiry of the Guarantee period or for products for which the Guarantee does not apply, the KitchenAid customer service centres are still available to the end-customer for questions and information.
Further information is also available on our website:
– For U.K. & Ireland www.kitchenaid.eu
– For South-Africa: www.kitchenaidafrica.com
– For UAE: www.KitchenAid-MEA.com
Register your new KitchenAid appliance now: http://www.kitchenaid.eu/register
©2020 All rights reserved.
Documents / Resources
|KitchenAid 5KFCB519 5 Cup Cordless Food Chopper [pdf] Owner's Manual|
5KFCB519 5 Cup Cordless Food Chopper, 5KFCB519, 5 Cup Cordless Food Chopper, Cordless Food Chopper, Food Chopper