KENWOOD Juicer Instructions
- Read these instructions carefully and retain for future reference.
- Remove all packaging and any labels.
- Do not use the juicer if the filter is damaged.
- Never put the power unit, cord or plug in water you could get an electric shock.
- Switch off and unplug:
- before fitting or removing parts
- before cleaning
- after use.
- Never use a damaged juicer. Get it checked or repaired: see `Service and customer care’.
- Only use the pusher supplied. Never put your fingers in the feed tube. Unplug and remove the lid before unblocking the feed tube.
- Before removing the lid, switch off and wait for the filter to stop.
- Do not over fill the feed tube or use excessive force to push the food down the feed tube you could damage your juicer.
- Do not process frozen fruit or vegetables. Allow to defrost before processing.
- Do not process dried or hard ingredients such as grains, fruit with hard seeds or ice as they may damage the juicer.
- Do not touch moving parts.
- Never leave the juicer switched on unattended.
- Never use an unauthorised attachment.
- Never process frozen ingredients that have formed a solid mass during freezing, break it up before processing.
- The sorbet attachment is not suitable for processing ice cubes.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- This appliance shall not be used by children. Keep the appliance and its cord out of reach of children.
- Misuse of your appliance can result in injury.
- Do not let the cord touch hot surfaces or hang down where a child could grab it.
- Appliances can be used by persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and if they understand the hazards involved.
- Only use the appliance for its intended domestic use. Kenwood will not accept any liability if the appliance is subject to improper use, or failure to comply with these instructions.
before plugging in
- Make sure your electricity supply is the same as the one shown on the underside of the appliance.
Important UK only
- The wires in the cord are coloured as follows:
Green and Yellow Earth Blue Neutral Brown Live
- The appliance must be protected by a 3A approved (BS1362) fuse.
- WARNING: THIS APPLIANCE MUST BE EARTHED.
- For non-rewireable plugs the fuse cover MUST be refitted when replacing the fuse. If the fuse cover is lost then the plug must not be used until a replacement can be obtained. The correct fuse cover is identified by colour and a replacement may be obtained from your Kenwood Authorised Repairer (see Service).
- If a non-rewireable plug is cut off it must be DESTROYED IMMEDIATELY. An electric shock hazard may arise if an unwanted non-rewireable plug is inadvertently inserted into a 13A socket outlet.
- This appliance conforms to EC Regulation 1935/2004 on materials and articles intended to come into contact with food.
before using for the first time
Wash the parts: see `care and cleaning’.
- lid with hopper
- filter basket
- rotating wiper holder
- juicing bowl
- pulp spout
- pulp container
- power unit
- juice spout
- anti-drip stopper
- reset button
- On/Off/Reverse switch
- juice jug
- clip on sieve
- cleaning brush
- sorbet attachment (if supplied)
using your juicer
- Fit the pulp stopper (A) into the opening on the underside of the juicing bowl and push in until secure (B).
- Fit the juicing bowl to the power unit by aligning theon the side of the bowl with the on the power unit (C). To lock the bowl on turn it clockwise until the line up with the on the power unit (D)
- Place the filter basket into the wiper holder (E)
- Lower the wiper holder assembly into the juicing bowl and align the with theon the top of the power unit (F). Ensure that the filter basket is locked into place.
- Place the scroll into the filter basket and push down to secure (G).
Note: the lid cannot be fitted if the scroll is not fully pushed down.
- Fit the lid onto the unit ensuring the lines up with theon top of the power unit (H). Then turn the lid clockwise until it clicks into place and the lines up with the on top of the power unit (I). Place the food pusher into the feed tube.
- Place the pulp container under the pulp spout and place the juice jug under the juice spout .Ensure the anti-drip stopper is in the open position (J) before juicing.
- There is a clip on sieve provided, this can be used if a smooth juice is preferred and should be emptied when full or after every 1kg of juicing. l
- Use the recommended usage chart as a guide for juicing different fruits and vegetables.
- Switch on and feed the food items down slowly using the pusher. Note: The wiper holder is designed to rotate during operation.
- To extract the maximum amount of juice, always| push the food down slowly using the pusher. Do not use excessive force as the food should be pulled down by the scroll.
- If the food becomes jammed in the feed tube or on the scroll and the juicer stops operating switch to the ‘O’ off position. Then press and hold the ‘R’ reverse button down until the food becomes dislodged. Once the food is released, you can
start juicing again.
- After adding the last piece of food, allow the juicer to run to help clear the juice from the juicing bowl. The time will vary depending on the fruit type and thickness of the juice extracted.
- Switch off and wait until the final flow of juice has reduced to a few slow drips. Then place the antidrip stopper in position (K) before removing the jug
juicer hints and tips
- Wash all fruit and vegetable thoroughly before juicing.
- To maximise juice extraction place small quantities at a time in the feed tube and push down slowly.
- Hard foods are best juiced at room temperature.
- You do not have to remove thin peels or skins. Only remove thick peels that you would not eat e.g. those of oranges, pineapples, melons and uncooked beetroots
- Use fresh fruit and vegetables as they contain more juice
- Remove stones and hard seeds from cherries, plums etc
- Vitamins disappear – the sooner you drink your juice, the more vitamins you will get.
- If you need to store the juice for a few hours put it in the fridge. It will keep better if you add a few drops of lemon juice.
- Do not drink more than three 230mls (8 fl.oz.) glasses of juice a day unless you are used to it.
- Dilute juice for children with an equal amount of water.
- Juice from dark green (broccoli, spinach etc.) or dark red (beetroot, red cabbage etc.) vegetables is extremely strong, so always dilute it.
- Fruit juice is high in Fructose (fruit sugar), so people with diabetes or low blood sugar should avoid drinking too much.
sorbet attachment (if supplied)
- Allow frozen food items to thaw for 5 to 10 minutes before processing. (The time required for thawing will depend how long ingredients have been stored in the freezer).
- Assemble the parts as per ‘using your juicer’ section.
- Fit the sorbet attachment instead of the wiper holder and filter basket .
- Ensure the anti-drip stopper is in the open position (J) before processing.
- After the last piece of food has been added allow the flow from the juicer to stop before switching unit off.
sorbet attachment hints and tips
- Remove hard skins and seeds from ingredients before freezing.
- Cut whole fruits such as apples, oranges and kiwi to fit the feed tube before freezing. Freeze pieces in a single layer to prevent them from forming a solid mass.
- Ingredients that have formed a solid mass during freezing, break up before processing.
- Process cubes of frozen yoghurt with your chosen fruit to produce a creamy ‘iced dessert’.
|recommended usage chart|
|Fruit/Vegetable||Preparation||Hints and Tips|
|Apples||Cut down to fit the feed tube.||To maximise juice extraction hard foods are best juiced when at room temperature.|
|Carrots||Cut down to fit the feed tube.|
|Pineapple||Remove the leaves and stalks by slicing off the top and base. Cut into lengthwise pieces.||To prevent the filter from clogging clean the filter after every large pineapple.|
|Seedless Grapes||Remove stalks.||Process small handfuls at a time to maximise juice extraction.|
|Tomatoes||Cut down to fit the feed tube.||A thick pulpy juice will be produced rather than a smooth juice.|
|Mangoes||Remove tough skin and stones.||The juice produced will be very thick.|
|Melons||Remove tough skin.||
|Kiwi fruits||Cut down to fit the feed tube.||
|Soft berries- (Raspberries, Blackberries etc.)||
Process small handfuls at a time to maximise juice extraction.
|Harder berries- (Cranberries etc.)|
|Beetroot (Raw)||Remove leaves and peel.||
|Leafy Vegetables- spinach, kale, wheatgrass etc.||Wrap leaves into a bunch.||
|Cucumber||Cut down to fit the feed tube.||
|Citrus fruits- Oranges||Peel and remove white pith.||
|Fruit with stones or hard seeds (Nectarines, Plums, Cherries etc.)||Remove the stones or hard seeds before juicing.||
|Pomegranates||Open the fruit by scoring the outside skin and breaking apart. Submerge in a large bowl of cold water and remove the seeds from the pulp (this helps to separate the seeds as they will sink to the bottom of the bowl and the white pulp will float to the top).||
care and cleaning
- Always switch off, unplug and take the juicer apart before cleaning.
- Some discolouration of parts may occur upon using ingredients such as carrot or leafy vegetables. Cleaning all parts immediately after each use will help to reduce stains.
- Do not clean the pulp or filter outlet with a sharp pointed object such as the end of a knife as you will damage the bowl. Use the tip of the cleaning brush handle to clean the outlets.
- Wipe with a damp cloth, then dry.
- Do not immerse in water.
- To assist with removal of pulp and fibres, place the anti-drip stopper in the closed position. Switch the juicer on and pour approximately 300mls water down the feed tube. Operate the juicer for approximately 20 seconds, place the juice jug under the juice spout and open the stopper to allow the water to flow out.
- Always clean the filter basket immediately after juicing.
- Use the brush supplied to clean the filter. For best results, rinse under water and brush until clear.
- The wipers in the filter holder can be removed for cleaning (L). To assemble, Insert the upper/lower wipers into the gap of the filter holder and secure (M). Ensure that the wipers are replaced and fitted correctly before assembling the juicer.
|The dishwasher safe parts can be washed on the top rack of your dishwasher.|
|Item||Suitable for dishwashing|
|Juice jug sieve||✔|
service & customer care
- If the cord is damaged it must, for safety reasons, be replaced by KENWOOD or an authorised KENWOOD repairer.
If you experience any problems with the operation of your appliance, before calling for assistance refer to the troubleshooting guide or visit www.kenwoodworld.com.
If you need help with:
- using your appliance or
- servicing or repairs (in or out of guarantee)
call Kenwood customer care on
023 9239 2333. Have your model number
ready (e.g. TYPE JMP60) and date code
(5 digit code e.g. 13L35) ready. They are on the underside of your juicer.
- spares and attachments
call 0844 557 3653.
- If you experience any problems with the operation of your appliance, before requesting assistance refer to the “troubleshooting guide” section in the manual or visit www.kenwoodworld.com.
- Please note that your product is covered by a warranty, which complies with all legal provisions concerning any existing warranty and consumer rights in the country where the product was purchased.
- If your Kenwood product malfunctions or you find any defects, please send it or bring it to an authorised KENWOOD Service Centre. To find up to date details of your nearest authorised KENWOOD Service centre visit www.kenwoodworld.com or the website specific to your Country.
- Designed and engineered by Kenwood in the UK.
- Made in China
guarantee (UK only)
If your appliance goes wrong within one year from the date you bought it, we will repair or replace it free of charge provided:
- you have not misused, neglected or damaged it;
- it has not been modified (unless by Kenwood);
- it is not second-hand;
- it has not been used commercially;
- you have not fitted a plug incorrectly; and
- you supply your receipt to show when you bought it. This guarantee does not affect your statutory rights
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR CORRECT DISPOSAL OF THE PRODUCT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE EUROPEAN DIRECTIVE ON WASTE ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT (WEEE)
At the end of its working life, the product must not be disposed of as urban waste.It must be taken to a special local authority differentiated waste collection centre or to a dealer providing this service. Disposing of a household appliance separately avoids possible negative consequences for the environment and health deriving from inappropriate disposal and enables the constituent materials to be recovered to obtain significant savings in energy and resources. As a reminder of the need to dispose of householdappliances separately, the product is marked with a crossed-out wheeled dustbin.
|The juicer will not start/does not operate.||
|The juicer has stopped during normal operation.||
|Juice is leaking from underneath the bowl.||
|Juice does not exit juicing outlet.||
|Too much pulp coming out in juice.||
|Wiper holder not rotating.||
|There is a squeaking noise when juicing.||
|Staining on juicing parts.||
Documents / Resources
|KENWOOD Juicer [pdf] Instructions|
Juicer, TYPE JMP60