KAWAI NV10S System Software Update
Software Update (NV10S System)
This document contains instructions for updating the system software of the NV10S hybrid piano. Please read these instructions thoroughly before attempting to perform the software update. The update procedure will require approximately two minutes to complete.
The software update will require a computer with internet access and an empty USB memory device.
- The USB memory device must use the ‘FAT’ or ‘FAT32’ filesystem. The ‘exFAT’ filesystem is not supported.
Checking the current software versions
While the NV10S hybrid piano is turned on:
- Tap the button in the top right corner of the screen to open the Menu.
- Tap [SYSTEM], then scroll to the bottom of the menu and tap [Information: CHECK] to show the Version/License screen.
- If the Firmware version number is greater than or equal to the update zip file filename, no further action is necessary.
- Exit the menu to return to normal operation.
- If the Firmware version number is lower than the update version, please follow the update instructions on the following page.
Preparing for the update
After downloading the system software update zip file, extract the contents to a temporary folder (e.g. the Desktop). The folder should contain two files.
- Copy the update file to the USB memory device
Copy the NVx9_P10.SYS file from the temporary folder to the root (i.e. top-most) folder of the empty USB memory device.
- Do not attempt to modify the updated files.
- Do not copy any other data to the USB memory device at this time.
- Connect the USB memory device
While the NV10S hybrid piano is turned off:
Connect the prepared USB memory device to the [USB to DEVICE] port located on the left side of the instrument, underneath the keyboard, and beside the headphone connectors.
- Be careful not to confuse this port with the [USB for UPDATE] port located behind the headphone connector block.
- Start the update
Press and hold the instrument’s [POWER] button for 10 seconds.
The Firmware Update screen will be shown, and the update process will start automatically, with progress messages shown in the LCD display.
- Do not disconnect the USB memory device or turn off the instrument while the update is in progress.
- Finish the update, disconnect the USB memory device
After approximately 1 minute a “Boot End” message will be shown in the LCD display, indicating that the system software stage of the update has been successful. Disconnect the USB memory device, then press and hold the [POWER] button to turn the instrument off. When the instrument is turned on, the updated system software will be used automatically. Please repeat the steps at the beginning of this document to check the Firmware version, and confirm that the update has been successful.
- If the update is unsuccessful, please restart this procedure from step 1.
NV10S System software changelog
V2.13 (November 2022)
- Fixed: Bugs related to the Overdubbing function of the Recorder.
- Fixed: Bug related to data not being reset correctly following a Factory Reset.
- Improved: The playing sound is now muted when disconnecting from Bluetooth MIDI.
V2.10 (December 2021)
- Added: Support for minor internal hardware revision.
V2.08 (October 2021)
- Added: Support for adjusting ‘User’ Virtual Technician parameters (TouchCurve/Voicing/Tuning/Temperament/Key Volume)
Note: This functionality also requires LCD touchpanel system update v1.2.0 (or newer) to be installed.
- Fixed: Bug related to switching between Piano and Sound screens.
V2.07 (September 2021)
V2.04 (July 2021)
V1.09 (December 2020)
- First production version.
Documents / Resources