JOYO DC-15S 15W Digital Guitar Amplifier
Thank you for purchasing this product!
In order to use it properly and safely, please read this owner’s manual carefully before operating it. DC-15S seems to be an unremarkable amp, however, it’s good value for money due to its versatility, besides, it outshines other competitors with the same price by its fabulous tone.
As an upgraded version of DC-15, DC-15S features several Output Jacks. Due to the rapid rise in the popularity of live video streaming, we’ve taken both live streaming venue and normal amp’s venues into consideration. We’ve added Output Jack for cell phones with iOS and Android systems, convenient for hosts to use DC-15S during live video streaming. Moreover, DC-15S has LINE OUT, not only can you record while playing the instruments once connect it to sound card, but also connect to other monitor amps by the sound card. DC-15S has an user-friendly Footswitch, you can adjust the PRESETS, control LOOPER’s recording function by the Footswitch.
DC-15S has 9 amp tones, including ACOUSTIC, JC CLEAN, CLEAN, OVER DRIVE, BLUES, CRUNCH, LEAD, RHYTHM and METAL. It features 4 modulation effects, including Chorus, Flanger, Phaser and Tremolo. With 2 space simulation effects: Delay and Reverb. Compared with rivals’ products of the same price, DC-15S offers 36 drum patterns, both Tempo and volume can be adjusted, making your practice or performance an pleasant enjoyment.
AUX IN and Bluetooth music playing functions enable you to connect ii to MP3, CD, or cell phone and other external devices through Bluetooth, so you can play along to your favorite song when the music starts to play. Choose your favorite song and play a riff to improve your guitar playing. You can also connect it to headphones to practice quietly by the Headphones Output. Its LINE OUT can be used to connect to the Mixer or PC’s sound card directly, just give it a try.
INSTRUCTIONS PERTAINING TO A RISK OF FIRE, ELECTRIC SHOCK, OR INJURY TO PERSONS.
The lightning flash with arrowhead symbol, within an equilateral triangle, is intended to alert the user to the presence of uninsulated “dangerous voltage” within the product’ s enclosure that may be of sufficient magnitude to constitute a risk of electric shock to persons.
The exclamation point within an equilateral triangle is intended to alert the user to the presence of important operating and maintenance (servicing) instructions in the literature accompanying the product.
Please read the Operating Instructions:
- Read these instructions.
- Keep these instructions.
- Heed all warnings.
- Follow all instructions.
- Do not use this apparatus near water.
- Clean only with a dry cloth.
- Do not block any of the ventilation openings. Install in accordance with the manufacturers instructions.
- Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other Apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
- Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or grounding-type plug. A polarized plug has two blades with one wider than the other. A grounding type plug has two blades and a third grounding prong. The wide blade or the third prong are provided for your safety. When the provided plug does not fit into your outlet, consult an electrician for replacement of the obsolete outlet.
- Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
- Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
- Never use with a cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table except as specified by the manufacturer’s , or sold with the apparatus. When a cart is used, use caution when moving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid injury from tip-over.
- Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when not in use for long periods of time.
- Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way, such as power-supply cord or plug is Damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus, the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
- l preamp model dedicated for acoustic guitar
- 8 preamp models dedicated for electric guitar
- 4 built-in modulation effects
- Built-in Delay and Reverb Effects
- With 2 adjustable PRESETS
- Built-in Drum machine
- Built-in LOOPER with 30 seconds’ recording time
- Built-in Bluetooth 4.0 for music or backing track playing
- Built-in portable device audio interface for iOS & Android devices
- Built-in rechargeable lithium battery for outdoor use
- A Footswitch is included
- l LINE OUT for connecting to other amps
- LOOPER cycle recording button
- Guitar Input Jack
- Power indicator/battery status indicator
- LOOPER status indicator
- Gain control knob
- Modulation effects knob
- Tone control knob
- REVERS/DELAY selection knob
- Guitar volume knob
- Drum machine volume knob
- AMP selection switch
- RHYTHM switch
- TAP TEMPO button
- TAP TEMPO indicator
- PRESET indicator
- PRESET switch
- Bluetooth indicator
- Bluetooth switch
- AUX IN Jack
- Headphones lnput Jack
- Power switch
- DC IN 15V 4A Power Jack
- Output Jack for devices with iOS system
- LINE OUT
- Footswitch Jack
- Output Jack for devices with Android system
Select an amplifier mode
Rotate the AMP switch and choose one model from the 9AMP models as your basic guitar tone.
- ACOUSTIC: specially designed for acoustic guitar amp,due to its frequency response and bass, it’s suitable for digital wind instruments, such as electronic drums, synthesizers.etc.
- JC CLEAN: the clean tone features more mid frequency.
- CLEAN: the clean tone’s mid frequency has been attenuated a little bit.
- OVER DRIVE: soft tube Overdrive tone.
- BLUES: this tone features more harmonic distortion.
- CRUNCH: simulates Ml Audio’s CrunchBox distortion pedal.
- LEAD: rich HI-GAIN LEAD tone.
- RHYTHM: features mid frequency and high frequency’s HI-GAIN rhythm tone.
- METAL: simulates BOSS’s MT2 Metal Zone distortion pedal.
Adjust the Gain of the selected amplifier
You can adjust the Gain level by rotating the GAIN knob. Turn it clockwise will increase the Gain, turn it counterclockwise will reduce the Gain, you can adjust this knob as you like.
Adjust the selected amplifier’s TONE
You can adjust the amp’s brightness by rotating the TONE knob. Turn it clockwise, the tone becomes much brighter, turn it counterclockwise, the tone becomes much darker.
Adjust the Master volume
You can adjust the master volume of DC-1 SS by the VOLUME knob.
Note: If it’s too loud, it can damage hearing.
Select Modulation effects:
Rotate the EFFECTS knob and choose one from Chorus. Flanger, Phaser and Tremolo to beautify your music. You can select the effects by reading the scales shown on the panel.
Select space simulation effects:
Rotate the SPACE knob to choose between Delay and Reverb space simulation effects. You can select the effects by reading the scales shown on the panel.
Delay: adjust delay effect’s time.
Reverb: adjust Reverb effect’s Dry/Wet Ratio.
Set PRESET tone:
Switch the PRESET tone: You can press PRESET button or PRESET Footswitch to set 2 tones of DC-15S.
PRESET indicator’s color illuminates or goes out when you change PRESET tone, indicating the current chosen tone.
SAVE PRESET setting: Press PRESET button for about 2 seconds to save the current setting. Now the PRESET indicator starts to flicker, indicating the current setting is being saved, after it’s been saved, the PRESET Indicator stops flickering and returns to the original status.
RHYTHM Module(Drum machine)
Turn on or turn off RHYTHM function:
Select fills: you can select fills by rotating RHYTHM switch after the RHYTHM module is turned on. DC-15S has 36 fills in all, please refer to the drum patterns list for details. Adjust tempo: you can set drum machine’s tempo by the TAP TEMPO button, DC-15S records intervals that you pressed over 2 times as standard tempo of RHYTHM module.
Note: Tempo setting only works on the drum machine.
Adjust RHYTHM volume: you can adjust the drum machine’s volume by the RHYTHM VOLUME knob.
Drum patterns List
LOOPER indicator: Bi-color LED light, red means record or overdub, green means play, goes out means stop, the red light flickers when Undo or Clear.
RECORD: when the recording data is empty, press LOOPER switch or tap it to activate first recording, the red indicator is on.
DUB: In PLAY status, press LOOPER switch or tap it to enter DUB function, the indicator becomes red.
PLAY: In RECORD or DUB status, press LOOPER switch or tap ii to enter PLAY status, the indicator becomes green.
UNDO/REDO: In PLAY status, press LOOPER switch or tap ii to UNDO or REDO the
previous DUB, now the red indicator is flickering until it’s done. Please note that the first recording cannot be UNDO.
CLEAR: In PLAY or DUB status, press LOOPER switch twice or tap it twice and keep more than 1 second, all the recorded data will be deleted, now the red indicator is flickering until it’s done.
Note: LOOPER is in synch with drum machine.
DC-15S features built-in Bluetooth communication units, you can connect DC15S to devices with Bluetooth function to play music. For details, please operate it according to the following procedures.
- Long press Bluetooth switch and turn on Bluetooth, the Bluetooth indicator is on and starts to flicker;
- Turn on portable devices’ Bluetooth function, find DC-15S in the device list, and start to pair up. When they’re paired successfully, the Bluetooth indicator is in blue.
If DC-15S doesn’t detect any music signal from guitar input or other input, it will shut down automatically to save electricity, if you want to turn on DC-1SS again, you need to turn off its power switch first, and then wait for 5 seconds, turn on the power switch.
Battery and power supply
The power indicator will flicker when the built-in battery is quite low, it needs to be charged immediately, if it doesn’t detect adapter in 5 minutes, DC-1SS will shut down automatically to avoid over-discharge.
Note: In order to use the lithium battery safely, don’t charge it when nobody is nearby, and keep the unit away from inflammable materials.
Note: Don‘t keep it when it‘s in low battery condition, please charge it for at least 40 minutes when not in use, so as to protect the battery.
AC adapter input voltage: AC100-240V 50-60Hz
AC adapter output voltage: DC15V /4A
Built-in battery: 11.1V/4.4Ah(lithium battery)
Guitar input sensitivity: -27.0BdBV
LINE IN input sensitivity: -2.28dBV
LINE OUT Output lmpedance: 1K
RECORDING Output Impedance: iOS 1K; ANDROID 4.7KO
Headphone Impedance: 32
Speaker’ s dimensions: Midrange speaker and woofer 5.25-inch/4/20W;2.5-inch square 8/15W
Bluetooth version: 4.0
LOOPER time: 30s
- Footswitch’ s cable x 1
- Power cable Xl
- Power adapterX 1
- Footswitch x 1
- 3.5mm 4 pin cableXl
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications.
However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving
- Increase the separation between the equipment and
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for
Caution: Any changes or modifications to this device not explicitly approved by manufacturer could void your authority to operate this equipment.
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
The device has been evaluated to meet general RF exposure requirement
Documents / Resources
|JOYO DC-15S 15W Digital Guitar Amplifier [pdf] Owner's Manual|
DC-15S, DC15S, 2AIN7DC-15S, 2AIN7DC15S, DC-15S 15W Digital Guitar Amplifier, 15W Digital Guitar Amplifier