JHS D025B-25PT Dehumidifier
ENERGY STAR® qualified units remove moisturewith less energy than conventional dehumidifiers.
Thank you for purchasing a JHS Dehumidifier. This User Manual is intended to provide you with important information needed to set up, operate, maintain and troubleshoot this product.
Please take a few moments to read the instructions and familiarize yourself with all the operational aspects of your new JHS Dehumidifier.
When using the unit, please read the following safety instructions:
- DO NOT touch the dehumidifier or the electrical plug with wet hands.
- Always ensure effective grounding. Incorrect grounding may cause electric shock.
- Do NOT exceed the rating of the power outlet or connection device.
- Never use or store gasoline or other flammable vapor or liquid near this unit unless instructed by this manual.
- Disconnect the power if strange sounds, smell, or smoke comes from the dehumidifier.
- Always unplug the dehumidifier before emptying the water bucket.
- You should never try to take apart or repair the dehumidifier by yourself.
- Do NOT take the water bucket out while the dehumidifier is working.
- This appliance has been manufactured for use in domestic environments and must not be used for other purposes.
Maintain a 12-18 inch clearance space around this unit. Do not block or cover air inlet or outlet grilles.
- Never insert your finger or other foreign objects into grills or openings. Take special care to warn children of these dangers.
- If the unit is damaged or it malfunctions, do not continue to operate it. Unplug the product from the electrical outlet. Refer to the troubleshooting section and contact the customer support center.
- DO NOT cover the air inlet or outlet on the appliance as this may cause the unit to fail.
- Do NOT place flower vases or other water containers on top of the unit. Water may spill inside the unit, causing insulation failure and electrical shock or fire.
- To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not use this dehumidifier with any solid-state speed control device.
Powerful Dehumidifying Capability
Taking advantage of refrigeration technology, the dehumidifier powerfully removes moisture from the air to decrease the humidity level of the room and keep the indoor air dry and comfortable.
Unique Portable Design
The dehumidifier is built to be compact and lightweight. The casters on the bottom of the unit make it easy to move from room to room.
Allows you to set specific dehumidity percentage and operation mode for most frequently-using rooms in which you are using your dehumidifier (Sleeping Area—55%, Living Area—50% or Basement—45%).
Digital Mirage Display
Easily monitor humidity changes from across the room.
Different dehumidification levels can be selected according to different room requirements.
This dehumidifier is Energy-Star rated, and could quickly remove moisture from the air without running up your utility bill. Energy Star units not only save energy for the environment, but also cost 30% less to save your money comparing to non-Energy Star units.
When frost builds up on the evaporator coils, the compressor will cycle off and the fan will continue to run until the frost disappears. When the coils are completely defrosted, the compressor or fan (depending on the model) will automatically restart and dehumidification will resume.
|25 Pints/day||35 Pints/day||50 Pints/day||50 Pints/day|
|Power Source||115 V / 60 Hz||115 V / 60 Hz||115 V / 60 Hz||115 V / 60 Hz|
|Power Input (Watts)||295 W||395 W||545 W||545 W|
|Rated Current (Amps)||2.6 A||3.5 A||4.8 A||4.8 A|
|Bucket Capacity||8.5 Pints||8.5 Pints||16.9 Pints||14.8 Pints|
|Air Flow Volume (H/M/L)||131/116/101
|Weight||32 lbs||34.2 lbs||39.7 lbs||40.8 lbs.|
|Dimensions (W × D × H)||13.8” W × 10.2” D
× 19.7” H
|13.8” W × 10.2” D
× 19.7” H
|15.4” W × 11.3”
D × 24.4” H
|15.4” W × 11.3”
D × 24.4” H
These specifications are for reference only. For actual data, please refer to the rating label on the back of the unit.
|1. Control Panel||2. Handle||3. Water bucket|
|4. Air Filter||5. Air Outlet Grille||6. Drain Hose Outlet|
|7. Power Cord||8. Power Cord Buckle||9. Caster|
Press to turn the dehumidifier on and off.
When the Filter Alert Light is ON, it is time to clean the filter. Switch the unit OFF and carefully remove the filter from the unit and clean. Replace the filter and switch ON the unit.
FAN SPEED Button
Press to cycle through High, Medium, or Low fan modes. Higher fan speeds lead to increased moisture removal. When humidity has been reduced or quiet operation is preferred, set the fan to Medium or Low.
When the unit is switched ON, the Display Screen shows the current humidity percentage. Press ▲ or ▼ to select your preferred humidity level. The humidity is adjusted in increments of 5% by pressing ▲ or ▼. The adjustable Relative Humidity (RH) range is between 35% RH to 80% RH. If you want the dehumidifier to operate continuously regardless of the room humidity, press the MODE button until you see “CO” on the digital display. This will enable continuous operation and the “Continuous” indicator will light up on the control panel.
Preset humidity level settings allow the user to easily move the dehumidifier room-to-room and select the corresponding mode for the location in which the dehumidifier is operating for optimum performance. Press the MODE button to choose from Sleeping Area (55%), Living Area (50%) or Basement (45%).
- Timer Auto On – To program the unit to automatically turn on, press the TIMER button when the unit is off. Press ▲or to increase or decrease the timer in 30 min increments (.5 hours) up to 10 hours. After 10 hours, each press of the ▲or ▼buttons will increase the timer in 1 hour increments up to 24 hours. Once the desired time is reached, the unit will automatically turn on.
- Timer Auto Shut-Off – To program the unit to automatically turn off, press the TIMER button when the unit is on. Each press of the ▲ or ▼ buttons will change the timer setting in 30 min increments ( .5 hours) up to 10 hours. After 10 hours, each press of the ▲ or ▼ buttons will increase or decrease the timer in 1 hour increments up to 24 hours. Once the desired time is over, the unit will automatically power off.
- Child-Lock Mode – To lock the control panel, press and hold the TIMER button for 3 seconds. Locking the control panel prevents someone from accidentally changing the settings. When locked, the LOCK indicator will light up. Press and hold the TIMER button for 3 seconds to unlock the control panel.
Backlit display on the front of the dehumidifier that shows the actual humidity level in the room to be easily seen from across the room. Press the MIRAGE button to turn the Mirage Display on and once again to turn the Mirage Display off.
REMOVING COLLECTED WATER
There are 3 options to remove water collected by your dehumidifier.
Option 1: Drain Bucket.
When the drainage bucket is full, the bucket full indicator light will turn on, the operation will stop automatically and the buzzer will beep 3 times to alert the user, that the water need to be emptied from the drainage bucket.
Emptying the Drainage bucket
- Lightly press on the sides of the bucket with both hands and pull the bucket out gently.
- Drain the collected water.
- Do not remove the float from the water bucket. The water full sensor will no longer be able to detect the water level correctly without the float and water may leak from the water bucket.
- If the drainage bucket is dirty, wash it with cold or lukewarm water. Do not use detergent, scouring pads, chemically treated dust cloths, gasoline, benzene, thinner, or other solvents, as these can scratch and damage the bucket and cause water leakage.
- When replacing the drainage bucket, press the bucket firmly into place with both hands.
Option 2: Continuous Drainage
Garden Hose Installation Setup
Water can be automatically emptied by attaching a garden hose to the continuous drainage port on the back of the dehumidifier. This will allow the unit to run continuously (depending on the selected humidity level) without having to empty the water bucket. To drain, simply attach a standard garden hose (not included). The thread standard for garden hoses in the US and its territories is known as GHT or “garden hose thread” which has an outer diameter of 1 1/16 inches (1.0625 inches or 27.0 mm) and a pitch of 11.5 TPI.
- Place dehumidifier on a level surface
- Unscrew the cap on the back of the unit to access the garden hose nozzle
- Thread a garden hose (not included) onto the accessible nozzle, lead to a floor drain and cut to length
- Make sure that there are no kinks or knots in the garden hose (See picture below)
- Turn on the unit and press the MODE button until set to CONTINUOUS
Garden Hose Installation Reference Guide
Placing the dehumidifier on an uneven surface or improper hose installation may result in water filling up the bucket and cause the unit to shut off. Empty bucket if shut-off occurs, then check dehumidifier location and hose for proper setup. The bucket must be in place and securely seated for the dehumidifier to operate.
Option 3:Pump draining (Pump models only
Internal Pump Mode- The internal pump allows the unit to operate without having to empty the
bucket. To install the Pump Drain Hose Kit, remove the drain cap on the back of the unit. Insert the included gasket into the Drain Adapter, then force the Drain Hose onto the Drain Adapter and turn clockwise onto the garden hose nozzle on the back of the unit as pictured below. (Drain adapter is included in storage compartment on top of water bucket) Once securely installed, lead the Drain Hose to a nearby drain, sink or out of a window up to 16ft height from the base of the unit. Turn on the unit and press the pump button to activate the internal pump.
CAUTION: PUMP MODE WILL ONLY OPERATE WITH A JHS DRAIN HOSE AND DRAIN ADAPTER; DO NOT USE A GARDEN HOSE IN PUMP MODE OR ANY OTHER TUBING.
CLEANING & MAINTENANCE
WARNING: Always switch OFF the dehumidifier and unplug it from the electrical outlet before attempting any cleaning or maintenance of this product.
- Clean the Grill and Case
Use water and a mild detergent. Do not use bleach or abrasives.
- Clean the bucket
Every few weeks, clean the bucket thoroughly to prevent growth of mold, mildew and bacteria. Partially fill the bucket with clean water and mild detergent. Swish it around in the bucket, empty and rinse.
- Clean the air filter
- To remove the filter, pull filter outwards.
- Wash the filter with clean water then dry.
- Re-install the filter, replace bucket.
- Storing the dehumidifier
- Before storing the unit, let it rest for one full day so that the system can dry out naturally.
- Clean the unit, water bucket and air filter.
- Wrap the cord with the power cord buckle.
- Cover the unit with a plastic bag.
- Store the unit upright in a dry, well-ventilated area.
Dehumidifier does not start
|Make sure the dehumidifier’s plug is pushed completely into the outlet.|
|Check the house fuse / circuit breaker box and replace fuse or reset breaker.|
|Dehumidifier has reached its preset level or bucket is full.|
|Water bucket is not in the proper position|
|There is a protective time delay (up to 3 min.) to prevent trip ping of the compressor overload. For this reason, the unit may not start normal
dehumidification for 3 min. after it is powered back on.
Dehumidifier does not dry the air as it should
|Not enough time to remove the moisture.|
|Make sure there are no curtains, blinds, or furniture blocking the front or back of
|The humidity control may not be set low enough.|
|Check that all doors, windows and other openings are securely closed.|
|Room temperature is too low, below 5°C (41°F).|
|There is a water vapor source in the room.|
The unit makes a loud noise when operating
|Air filter may be dirty. Clean filter. Refer to Care and Cleaning section.|
|The unit is tilted instead of upright as it should be.|
|The floor surface is not level.|
|Frost appears on the coils||This is normal. The dehumidifier has Auto defrost feature.|
Water on floor
|Hose to connector or hose connection may be loose.|
|Intended to use the bucket to collect water, but the back drain plug is removed.|
|Pump Mode is on, but water
is draining in bucket
|Make sure that the included plastic drain tube and nozzle adapter are tightly
|Continuous Mode is on, but
water is draining in bucket
Garden hose must be used while operating Continuous Mode.
|E1||Compressor Overheat Protection||[email protected]|
|E2||Condenser Overheat Protection||[email protected]|
|EH||Humidity Sensor Malfunction||[email protected]|
|E5||Internal Pump Malfunction||[email protected]|
Documents / Resources
|JHS D025B-25PT Dehumidifier [pdf] Owner's Manual|
D025B-25PT, Dehumidifier, D025B-25PT Dehumidifier
|JHS D025B-25PT Dehumidifier [pdf] Owner's Manual|
D025B-35PT, D026B-50PT, D026B-50PTP, D025B-25PT, Dehumidifier, D025B-25PT Dehumidifier