Bolt Up Folding Electric Bike.
A guide for your ride.
IMPORTANT, RETAIN FOR FUTURE REFERENCE: READ CAREFULLY
Designed in Brooklyn
Made in China
Remember to be safe and, most importantly, have fun!
- Before use, please read the user manual and safety warnings carefully, and make sure you understand and accept all the safety instructions. The user will be responsible for any loss or damage caused by improper use.
- Before each cycle of operation, the operator shall perform the preoperation checks specified by the manufacturer: That all guards and pads originally supplied by the manufacturer are in the proper place and in serviceable condition; That the braking system is functioning properly; That any and all Bolt Up guards, chain guards, or other covers or guards supplied by the manufacturer are in place and in serviceable condition; That tires are in good condition, inflated properly, and have sufficient tread remaining; The area that the product is to be operated should be safe and suitable for safe operation.
- Components shall be maintained and repaired in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications and using only the manufacturer’s authorized replacement parts with installation performed by dealers or other skilled persons.
- Warning against recharging non-rechargeable batteries.
- Don’t allow hands, feet, hair, body parts, clothing, or similar articles to come in contact with moving parts, wheels, or drive trains, while the motor is running.
- This product should not be used by children or persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge unless they have been given supervision or instruction (IEC 60335-1/A2:2006).
- Unsupervised children should not play with the product (IEC 60335-1/A2:2006).
- Adult supervision is required.
- The rider should not exceed 265 lb.
- Units shall not be operated to perform racing, stunt riding, or other maneuvers, which may cause loss of control or may cause uncontrolled operator/passenger actions or reactions.
- Never use near motor vehicles.
- Avoid sharp bumps, drainage grates, and sudden surface changes. The scooter may suddenly stop.
- Avoid streets and surfaces with water, sand, gravel, dirt, leaves, and other debris. Wet weather impairs traction, braking, and visibility.
- Avoid riding around flammable gas, steam, liquid, or dust that could cause a fire.
- Operators shall adhere to all of the manufacturer’s recommendations and instructions, as well as comply with all laws and ordinances:
Units without headlights shall be operated only with adequate daylight conditions of visibility, and; Owners shall be encouraged to highlight (for conspicuity) using lighting, reflectors, and for low-riding units, signal flags on flexible poles.
- Persons with the following conditions shall be cautioned not to operate: Those with heart conditions; Pregnant women; Persons with head, back, or neck ailments, or prior surgeries to those areas of the body; and persons with any mental or physical conditions that may make them susceptible to injury or impair their physical dexterity or mental capabilities to recognize, understand, and perform all of the safety instructions and to be able to assume the hazards inherent in unit use.
- Do not ride at night.
- Do not ride after drinking or taking prescription medication.
- Do not carry items when riding.
- Never operate the product barefooted.
- Always wear shoes and keep shoelaces tied.
- Make sure your feet are always placed securely on the deck.
- Operators always shall use appropriate protective clothing, including but not limited to a helmet, with the appropriate certification, and any other equipment recommended by the manufacturer: Always wear protective equipment such as helmet, knee pads, and elbow pads.
- Always give way to pedestrians.
- Be alert to things in front and far away from you.
- Do not allow distractions when riding, such as answering the phone or engaging in any other activities.
- The product cannot be ridden by more than one person.
- When you ride the product along with other riders, always keep a safe distance to avoid a collision.
- When turning, be sure to maintain your balance.
- Riding with improperly adjusted brakes is dangerous and can result in serious injury or death.
- The brake may become hot while operating, do not touch the brake with your bare skin.
- Applying brakes too hard or too suddenly can lock up a wheel, which could cause you to lose control and fall. Sudden or excessive application of the brake may result in injury or death.
- If the brake loosens, please adjust with the hexagon wrench, or please contact Jetson Customer Care.
- Replace worn or broken parts immediately.
- Check whether all safety labels are in place and understood before riding.
- The owner shall allow the use and operation of the unit after a demonstration that such operators can understand and operate all components of the unit before use.
- Do not ride without proper training. Do not ride at high speeds, on uneven terrain, or on slopes. Do not perform stunts or turn abruptly.
- Recommended for indoor use.
- Prolonged exposure to UV rays, rain, and the elements may damage the enclosure materials, store them indoors when not in use.
California Proposition 65
This product can expose you to a chemical such as Cadmium which is known to the state of California to cause cancer or birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov/product
Do not attempt to disassemble, modify, repair, or replace the unit or any components of the unit without instruction from Jetson Customer Care. This will void any warranty and can lead to malfunctions that may cause injury.
ADDITIONAL OPERATION CAUTIONS
Do not lift the product off the ground while it is on and the wheels are in motion. This can result in freely spinning wheels, which may cause injury to yourself or others nearby. Do not jump on or off the product, and do not jump while using it. Always keep your feet firmly planted on the footrest while in operation. Always check the battery charge before using.
DISPOSAL OF USED BATTERY
The battery may contain hazardous substances which could endanger the environment and human health. This symbol marked on the battery and/ or packaging indicates that the used battery shall not be treated as municipal waste. Batteries should be disposed of at an appropriate collection point for recycling. By ensuring the used batteries are disposed of correctly, you will help prevent potential negative consequences for the environment and human health. The recycling of materials will help to conserve natural resources. For more information about recycling used batteries, please contact your local municipality’s waste disposal service.
What’s in the Box
|1. FRONT TIRE||9. REAR FENDER|
|2. HEADLIGHT||10. REAR TIRE|
|3. RELEASE LEVER||11. KICKSTAND|
|4. HANDLEBAR||12. FOOTREST|
|5. CARRYING HANDLE||13. FRONT FENDER|
|6. SEAT||14. CHARGER|
|7. TAILLIGHT||15. CHARGING CABLE|
|8. SEAT CLAMP|
HARDWARE / TOOLS INCLUDED:
*ADULTS MUST ASSIST CHILDREN IN THE INITIAL ADJUSTMENT PROCEDURES OF THE PRODUCT.
PLEASE NOTE: IMAGES MAY NOT REFLECT THE EXACT APPEARANCE OF THE ACTUAL PRODUCT.
Specs & Features
|• PRODUCT UNFOLDED DIMS: 46.5” × 19.3” × 38.6”||• MOTOR: 350W|
|• PRODUCT FOLDED DIMS 46.5” × 19.3” × 23”||• MAX SPEED: UP TO 15.5 MPH|
|• PRODUCT WEIGHT: 41 LB||• MAX RANGE (TWIST THROTTLE): UP TO 15 MILES|
|• TIRE SIZE: 14 IN||• WEIGHT LIMIT: 265 LB|
|• BATTERY: 36V 6.0 AH LITHIUM-ION||• RECOMMENDED AGE: 12+|
|• CHARGER: 100-240V||• CLIMBING ANGLE: UP TO 150|
|• CHARGE TIME: UP TO 4 HOURS|
Correct Frame Size
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS MAY RESULT IN INJURY TO THE CHILD OR OTHERS.
- KEEP SMALL PARTS AWAY FROM CHILDREN DURING ASSEMBLY.
- ACCESSORY MUST BE ASSEMBLED AND REMOVED BY AN ADULT.
- FREQUENTLY INSPECT THE PRODUCT FOR DAMAGE.
FOR SAFE AND COMFORTABLE RIDING THERE SHOULD BE A CLEARANCE OF AT LEAST 1-3 INCHES BETWEEN THE CROTCH AND THE TOP TUBE OF THE BICYCLE FRAME, WHILE THE RIDER STRADDLES THE BICYCLE WITH BOTH FEET FLAT ON THE GROUND.
IT’S ALWAYS IMPORTANT TO DO A FEW, BUT IMPORTANT, SAFETY CHECKS BEFORE EVERY RIDE. LET’S GO THROUGH THEM:
CHECK THE BRAKE IS IN GOOD WORKING ORDER.
CHECK THAT THE HANDLEBAR, LATCH, AND STEM ARE SECURELY TIGHTENED.
CHECK THAT THE FOOTRESTS ARE SECURELY TIGHTENED.
WHEELS AND TIRES
MAKE SURE THAT THE TIRES ARE INFLATED TO WITHIN THEIR MAXIMUM RECOMMENDED TIRE PRESSURE. CHECK TIRES FOR EXCESSIVE WEAR OR ANY DAMAGE AND THAT THE WHEEL RIMS ARE NOT DAMAGED. CHECK THAT THE WHEEL SPOKES ARE NOT BROKEN AND THAT THE AXLE NUTS ARE TIGHT.
FRAME AND FORK
CHECK THAT THE FRAME AND FORK ARE NOT IN ANY WAY DAMAGED OR BROKEN.
1. Get Started
Attaching the Seat
- LOOSEN THE KNOB AND OPEN THE SEAT CLAMP.
- INSERT SEAT POST INTO SEAT TUBE AND SLIDE TO DESIRED HEIGHT.
- TURN THE KNOB CLOCKWISE TO TIGHTEN, THEN CLOSE THE SEAT CLAMP.
- MAKE SURE THE SEAT CLAMP IS SECURED AND THE SEAT IS STABLE.
Foot Rests Assembly
- INSTALL FOOTRESTS TO BOLT UP. TURN FOOTRESTS CLOCKWISE TO TIGHTEN.
Attaching the Rear Fender
- REMOVE BOLT AND NUT FROM THE FRAME.
- RUN THE BOLT THROUGH THE FENDER AND FRAME, AND SECURE USING THE NUT.
CHARGING THE BATTERY
- ONLY USE THE INCLUDED CHARGER
- PLUG THE CHARGER INTO THE WALL BEFORE THE CHARGING PORT
- DON’T TURN ON THE BOLT UP WHILE IT’S CHARGING
- CHARGE THE BATTERY UNTIL IT IS FULLY CHARGED – UP TO 4 HOURS
- REPLACE THE COVER OVER THE CHARGING PORT WHEN DONE
CHARGING INDICATOR ON THE CHARGER:
– BATTERY IS CHARGING
– CHARGING IS COMPLETE
2. Make Moves
Unfolding the Handlebar
- LOCK THE RELEASE LEVER BY LIFTING IT UP UNTIL IT CLICKS.
- NOW LATCH THE LOCKING LEVER ONTO THE RELEASE LEVER. CHECK THAT BOTH LEVERS AND HANDLEBAR ARE SECURE.
- TO FOLD, UNLOCK THE RELEASE LEVER AND LATCH.
Operating the Bolt Up
POWER BUTTON: TURNS THE BOLT UP ON AND OFF
CRUISE CONTROL/HEADLIGHT BUTTON:
- PRESS ONCE TO ACTIVATE CRUISE CONTROL
- HOLD THE BUTTON FOR 4 SECONDS TO TURN THE LIGHT ON/OFF
- 4 LIGHTS: 76-100% POWER
- 3 LIGHTS: 51-75% POWER
- 2 LIGHTS: 26-50% POWER
- 1 LIGHT: 1-25% POWER (PLEASE CHARGE THE BOLT UP IMMEDIATELY!)
Riding the Bolt Up
- BEFORE EACH RIDE, CHECK THAT THE HANDLEBAR AND SEAT ARE SECURE, THE TIRE PRESSURE IS SUFFICIENT, AND THE BRAKE SYSTEM WORKS CORRECTLY.
- KEEP YOUR FEET ON THE FOOTRESTS. DO NOT RIDE WITH YOUR FEET DANGLING OVER THE SIDES AND ALWAYS STAY SEATED WHILE RIDING.
- TWIST THROTTLE: TRY TO TAKE IT EASY ON THE THROTTLE UNTIL YOU GET USED TO IT.
- HANDBRAKES: SQUEEZE EACH BRAKE SLOWLY TO AVOID STOPPING ABRUPTLY OR LOSING CONTROL.
*CHECK THAT THE KICKSTAND IS SECURELY ATTACHED.
Care & Maintenance
CLEANING THE BOLT UP
- Carefully wipe with a damp cloth, then dry with a dry cloth.
- Do not use water to clean the Bolt Up, as the electrical and electronic systems may get wet, resulting in personal injury or malfunction of the Bolt Up.
- Keep away from fire and excessive heat.
- Avoid intense physical impact and/or severe vibration.
- Protect from water or moisture.
- Do not disassemble.
- If there are any issues with the battery, please contact Jetson Customer Care. We’d love to help!
- The battery needs to be charged after 90 days in storage.
- Cover to protect against dust.
- Store indoors, in a dry place, and at a suitable temperature.
Enjoying the ride?
Leave a review on ridejetson.com/reviews or share your photos with us
online using the #RideJetson hashtag!
Follow us @ridejetson
Questions? Let us know.
Hours of Operation:
7 Days a Week, 10 am-6 pm
Manufactured in Shenzhen, China.
Imported by Jetson Electric Bikes LLC.
86 34th Street 4th Floor, Brooklyn, New York 11232
Made in China
Date Code: 06/2021
Documents / Resources
|JETSON JBLTUP-BLK Bolt Up Folding Electric Bike [pdf] Instruction Manual|
JBLTUP-BLK Bolt Up Folding Electric Bike, JBLTUP-BLK, Bolt Up Folding Electric Bike