JBL SoundFly BT Manual
Thank you for purchasing the JBL Soundfly™ BT plug-in wireless speaker. Soundfly BT will fill your room with sound from your portable Bluetooth-enabled device while plugging directly into an AC outlet and remaining practically invisible.
Plug Soundfly Bt Into an ac outlet
Turning Soundfly Bt on and off
Note: Soundfly BT will automatically enter the Standby mode after 10 minutes of inactivity.
Pair Soundfly BT with your Bluetooth device
NOTE: Bluetooth pairing between two devices does not have to be repeated after a successful initial pairing unless you remove Soundfly BT from the paired device’s Bluetooth device list. To un-pair Soundfly BT from the current device, press and hold the Bluetooth logo button.
Stream your audio on Soundfly Bt
Soundfly BT will automatically turn from Standby to On when it receives a streaming audio signal from a Bluetooth-capable device. Use your Bluetooth-enabled device to control the volume and other playback functions. The maximum streaming range is approximately 33 feet (10m) from the Soundfly BT unit.
JBl easy connect application
The JBL Easy Connect application is downloadable free from the Android ® Market at market.android.com. The JBL Easy Connect Application features:
- Controls for Soundfly BT’s digital sound processing (DSP) that enables you to get the best sound wherever you plug in Soundfly BT.
- A music player with a music browser function.
- One touch Bluetooth operation.
Your Soundfly BT has upgradeable firmware that lets you take advantage of new features and improvements as they become available. Go to www.jbl.com for information about checking your unit’s firmware version and instructions on upgrading to a newer firmware version.
Amplifier power: 10 watts x 2
Frequency response: 60Hz – 20kHz
Signal-to-noise ratio: 80dB
Power requirement: 100V – 240V AC, 50Hz/60Hz
Power consumption: <0.5W (standby); 30W (maximum)
Dimensions (W x H x D): 7-1/2″ x 2-13/16″ x 3-5/8″
(71mm x 92mm x 190mm)
Weight: 0.9 lb (0.42kg)
Important Safety Instructions
- Read these instructions.
- Keep these instructions.
- Heed all warnings.
- Follow all instructions.
- Do not use this apparatus near water.
- Clean only with dry cloth.
- Do not block any ventilation openings. Install in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
- Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or grounding-type plug. A polarized plug has two blades with one wider than the other. A grounding-type plug has two blades and a third grounding prong. The wide blade or third prong is provided for your safety. If the provided plug does not fit into your outlet, consult an electrician for replacement of the obsolete outlet.
- Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched, particularly at the plugs, convenience receptacles and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
- Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
- Use only with the cart, stand, tripod, bracket or table specified by the manufacturer or sold with the apparatus. When a cart is used, use caution when moving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid injury from tip-over.
- Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
- Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way, such as: when the power supply cord or plug has become damaged, when liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus, when the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, when the apparatus does not operate normally, or the apparatus has been dropped.
- Do not expose this apparatus to dripping or splashing and ensure that no objects filled with liquids, such as vases, are placed on the apparatus.
- To completely disconnect this apparatus from the AC mains, disconnect the power supply cord plug from the AC receptacle.
- The mains plug of the power supply cord shall remain readily operable.
- Do not expose batteries to excessive heat such as sunshine, fire or the like.
FCC and IC regulations (USA and Canada only)
FCC and IC information For users
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC rules and Industry Canada license-exempt RSS 210. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference; and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Radio and television interference
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and then on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Increase the separation between the equipment and the receiver.
- Connect the equipment to a different outlet so that the equipment and receiver are on different branch circuits.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/ TV technician for help.
Note: Changes or modifications not expressly approved by HARMAN could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
IC Statement and Warning (Canada only)
This Class B digital apparatus complies with Canadian ICES-003.
Hereby, HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated declares that this JBL SOUNDFLY BT is in compliance with the essential requirements and other relevant provisions of Directive 1999/5/EC, ErP 2009/125/EC Directive and RoHS 2011/65/EU Directive. The declaration of conformity may be consulted at the support section of our Web site, accessible from www.jbl.com.
HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated
8500 Balboa Boulevard, Northridge, CA 91329 USA
© 2012 HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated. All rights reserved.
JBL is a trademark of HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated, registered in the United States and/or other countries. Soundfly is a trademark of HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions.
The Bluetooth word mark and logo are registered trademarks and are owned by the Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and any use of such marks by HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated, is under license.
Features, specifications and appearance are subject to change without notice.
Part No. JBLP3271 Rev.: A