Congratulations on your purchase! This manual includes information on the JBL QUANTUM400 gaming headset. We encourage you to take a few minutes to read this manual, which describes the product and includes step-by-step instructions to help you to set up and get started. Read and understand all the safety instructions before using your product.
If you have any questions about this product or its operation, please contact your retailer or customer service, or visit us at www.JBLQuantum.com
WHAT’S IN THE BOX
01 JBL QUANTUM400 headset
02 USB cable (USB-A to USB-C)
03 3.5mm audio cable
04 QSG, warranty card and safety sheet
05 Windshield foam for boom microphone
CONTROLS ON HEADSET
01 / dial
• Balances the chat volume in relation to the game audio volume.
02 Volume +/- dial
• Adjusts headset volume.
03 Detachable windshield foam
04 Mic mute / unmute LED
• Lights up when the microphone is muted.
05 RGB-lit JBL logo
06 3.5mm audio jack
07 Voice focus boom microphone
• Flip up to mute, or flip down to unmute the microphone.
08 Flat-fold ear cup
• Press to mute or unmute the microphone.
• Hold for more than 5 seconds to turn the RGB light on or off.
10 USB-C port
WEARING YOUR HEADSET
- Put the side marked L onto your left ear and the side marked R onto your right ear.
- Adjust the earpads and headband for a comfortable fit.
- Adjust the microphone as necessary.
FIRST-TIME SETUP (FOR PC ONLY)
Download JBL QuantumENGINE from jblquantum.com/engine to gain full access to features on your JBL Quantum headset – from headset calibration to adjusting 3D audio to suit your hearing, from creating customized RGB lighting effects to determining how the boom microphone side-tone works.
Platform: Windows 7 / Windows 10 (64 bit) only
500MB of free hard drive space for installation
- QuantumSURROUND and DTS Headphone:X V2.0 available on Windows only. Software installation required.
- Connect the headset to your PC via USB connection (See “With USB connection”).
- Go to “Sound Settings” -> “Sound Control Panel”.
- Under “Playback” highlight “JBL QUANTUM400 GAME“ and select “Set Default” -> “Default Device”.
- Highlight “JBL QUANTUM400 CHAT“ and select “Set Default” -> “Default Communication Device”.
- Under “Recording” highlight “JBL QUANTUM400 CHAT“ and select “Set Default” -> “Default Device”.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to personalize your sound settings.
USING YOUR HEADSET
WITH USB CONNECTION
- Connect the orange connector (USB-A) of the USB cable to a USB-A port on your PC, Mac or PS4.
- Connect the black connector (USB-C) to the USB-C port on your headset.
- Depending on your device configuration, you can also use a USB-C to USB-C cable (not supplied). USB-C connectivity with all devices is not guaranteed.
WITH 3.5MM AUDIO CONNECTION
- Connect the black connector to your headset.
- Connect the orange connector to the 3.5mm headphone jack on your PC, Mac, mobile or gaming console device.
- The mic mute unmute LED, button and RGB-lit JBL logo on the headset do not work in 3.5mm audio connection.
• Driver size: 50 mm Dynamic drivers
• Frequency response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
• Microphone frequency response: 100 Hz – 10 kHz
• Max input power: 30 mW
• Sensitivity: 98 dB SPL @1 kHz / 1 mW
• Microphone sensitivity: -40 dBV @1 kHz / Pa
• Impedance: 32 ohm
• Cable length: 3.5 mm audio cable (1.2 m) + Type-C to Type-A Cable (3 m)
• Microphone pickup pattern: Directional
• Microphone size: 4 mm x 1.5 mm
• Weight: 274 g
• Technical specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
If you have problems using this product, check the following points before you request service.
NO SOUND OR POOR SOUND
• Make sure you have chosen JBL QUANTUM400 GAME as the default device in the game sound settings of your PC, Mac or gaming console device.
• Adjust volume on your PC, Mac or gaming console device.
• Check game chat balance on PC if you are only playing game or chat audio.
In USB connection:
• Make sure the USB cable is connected securely.
• The USB ports on some gaming console devices may be incompatible with JBL QUANTUM400. This is not a malfunction.
In 3.5mm audio connection:
• Make sure the 3.5mm audio cable is connected securely.
My voice cannot be heard by my teammates
• Make sure you have chosen JBL QUANTUM400 CHAT as the default device in
the chat sound settings of your PC, Mac or gaming console device.
• Make sure the microphone is not muted.
I can’t hear myself when I’m talking
• Enable sidetone via JBL QuantumENGIN to hear yourself clearly over game audio.