Clean Base Automatic Dirt Disposal
For Roomba® j7 Robot Vacuums
Important safety instructions
This Owner’s Guide includes information for Regulatory Model(s): ADG-N2
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
WARNING: When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following:
BEFORE USING THIS APPLIANCE, READ ALL APPLICABLE INSTRUCTIONS. FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY.
WARNING: To reduce the risk of injury or damage, read and follow the safety precautions when setting up, using, and maintaining your robot.
This appliance can be used by children aged 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Children should not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user maintenance should not be carried out by children without supervision.
This is the safety alert symbol. It is used to alert you to potential physical injury hazards. Obey all safety messages that follow this symbol to avoid possible injury or death.
|Risk of electric shock|
|Risk of fire|
|Class II equipment|
|For indoor use only|
|Rated power input, a.c.|
|Rated power output, d.c.|
|Rated power input, d.c.|
|Read operator’s manual|
|Keep out of reach of children|
|The general symbol for recycling|
|Separate Supply Unit|
WARNING: Indicates a hazardous situation that, if not avoided, could result in serious injury or death.
CAUTION: Indicates a hazardous situation that, if not avoided, could result in minor or moderate injury.
NOTICE: Indicates a hazardous situation that, if not avoided, could result in property damage.
- This product comes with a region-approved power supply cord and is designed to be plugged into a standard household AC power outlet only. Do not use any other power supply cord. For replacement cards, please contact Customer Care to ensure the proper selection of country-specific power supply cords.
- Do not disassemble or open the dirt disposal unless instructed to do so. There are no user-serviceable parts inside. Refer servicing to qualified service personnel.
- Risk of electric shock, use indoors in dry location only.
- Do not handle this product with wet hands.
- This product is not a toy. Small children and pets should be supervised when the product is operating.
- Do not sit or stand on this product.
- Store and operate this product in room-temperature environments only.
AUTOMATIC DIRT DISPOSAL
- Do not use if the cord or plug is damaged. If the appliance is not working as it should, has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors or dropped into water, return it to a service center.
Always disconnect your robot from the dirt disposal before cleaning or maintaining it.
- Do not use dirt disposal as a step.
- Do not put any object into openings. Do not use with any opening blocked; keep free of dust, lint, hair, and anything that may reduce airflow.
- To properly maintain your dirt disposal, do not place foreign objects inside and ensure that it is clear of debris.
- In order to avoid a hazard due to inadvertent resetting of the thermal cut-out, this appliance must not be supplied through an external switching device, such as a timer, or connected to a circuit that is regularly switched on and off by the utility.
- Do not allow liquids to get on or into the dirt disposal.
- Do not pour any liquids into the device and do not immerse in water.
- Do not use outdoors or on wet surfaces.
- Do not allow it to be used as a toy. Close attention is necessary when used by or near children.
- Use only as described in this manual.
- To reduce the risk of electric shock, unplug your dirt disposal before cleaning it.
- Keep the dirt disposal and power cord away from heated surfaces.
- The product may not be used with any type of power converter. The use of power converters will immediately void the warranty.
- If you live in an area prone to electrical storms, it is recommended that you use additional surge protection. Your dirt disposal may be protected with a surge protector in the event of severe electrical storms.
- Do not use without a dust bag and/or filters in place.
About your Clean Base™ Automatic Dirt Disposal
Using your Automatic Dirt Disposal
Positioning the Clean Base™ Automatic Dirt Disposal
Note: Do not place your Clean Base Automatic Dirt Disposal in direct sunlight. Ensure that the area around the dock is free of clutter to improve docking performance.
WARNING: To prevent the risk of your robot falling downstairs, ensure that the charging station is placed at least 4 feet (1.2 meters) away from the stairs.
About your Automatic Dirt Disposal
While cleaning, your robot will automatically return to the dirt disposal to empty its bin and recharge as needed.
The dirt disposal’s LED indicator will turn solid red when a new bag is needed.
If a clog is detected, the dirt disposal will trigger additional attempts to automatically clear the clog.
Note: If you place your robot on the dirt disposal by hand, it will not empty automatically. In this case, use the iRobot HOME App or hold the button down for 2-5 seconds.
Care and maintenance
Care and maintenance instructions
To keep your dirt disposal running at peak performance, follow these care procedures:
|Dock part||Care frequency||Replacement frequency|
|Bags||_||Bags should be replaced when prompted by the LED indicator/app.|
|Charging Contacts Visual Docking
|Once every month|
|Blower Cover inside the canister||Once every month (remove debris from blower cover)||–|
Note: iRobot manufactures various replacement parts and assemblies. If you think you need a replacement part, please contact iRobot Customer Care for more information.
Replacing the Bag
Lift up on the canister lid to open.
Pull up on the plastic card to remove the bag from the canister.
Note: This will seal the bag so dust and debris cannot escape.
Discard the used bag.
Install a new bag, sliding the plastic card into the guide rails.
Press down on the lid making sure that it is completely closed.
Note: To achieve optimal performance with your robot and automatic dirt disposal, clean and/or replace your robot’s filter as needed.
Cleaning the Visual Docking Target and Charging Contacts
Inspect the visual docking target and charging contacts to make sure that they are clear of debris. Wipe with a clean, dry cloth.
Note: Do not spray cleaning solution directly onto sensors or into sensor openings.
Removing Debris from Blower Cover Inspect blower cover for any lint or debris build-up, and wipe with a clean dry cloth to remove.
Your dirt disposal will tell you if something is wrong via an LED indicator on the front of the canister and through the iRobot HOME App.
|LED indicator||Common error||How to fix|
|Solid red||A bag full of missing||1. Replace the bag if it is full or missing.
2. Make sure that the bag is securely inserted.
3. If the problem persists, remove any debris from the port on the bottom of your robot and the dirt disposal.
|Blinking red||There is a leak or a clog in the dock evacuation path||1. Make sure that the canister lid is pushed down and firmly sealed. Hold the clean button on your robot down for 2-5 seconds to manually empty the bin.
2. Remove any debris from the port on the bottom of your robot and dirt disposal.
3. Unplug the dirt disposal from the wall. Place it on its side and inspect the debris evacuation tube for debris. If necessary, remove the tube to clear any debris.
This product has been equipped with a thermal protector designed to protect against damage due to overheating. If the protector operates, the motor will stop running. If this happens, unplug the unit, allow it to cool for 30 minutes, clear any obstructions from the evacuation port and evacuation tube, then plug the unit back in.
iRobot Customer Care
USA & Canada
If you have questions or comments about your dirt disposal, please contact iRobot before contacting a retailer.
You can start by visiting global.irobot.com for support tips, frequently asked questions, and information about accessories. This information can also be found in the iRobot HOME App. If you need further assistance, call the US Customer Care team at (877) 855-8593.
iRobot USA Customer Care Hours
- Monday to Friday, 9 AM-9 PM Eastern Time
- Saturday and Sunday 9 AM-6 PM Eastern Time
Outside USA & Canada
Visit global.irobot.com to:
- Learn more about iRobot in your country
- Get hints and tips to improve your product performance
- Get answers to questions
- Contact your local support center
For EU Declaration of Conformity information, visit www.irobot.com/compliance
For UKCA Declaration of Conformity information, visit www.irobot.com/compliance
Chemical information report listing SVHC (substances of very high concern) per EU Regulation EU 1907/2006 can be found here: www.irobot.com/compliance.
This symbol on the product indicates that the appliance must not be disposed of with unsorted common municipal waste. As the end-user, it is your responsibility to dispose of the end-of-life appliance in an environmentally sensitive manner as follows:
(1) returning it to the distributor/dealer from whom you purchased the product; or
(2) depositing it in a designated collection point.
Disposing of this product correctly will help save valuable resources and prevent any potential negative effects on human health and the environment, which could otherwise arise from inappropriate waste handling. Please contact your local authority for further details or your nearest designated collection point. Penalties may be applicable for
incorrect disposal of this waste in accordance with your national legislation. More information may be found at the following source: http://ec.europa.eu/environment/waste/weee/index_en.html
Recycle your end-of-life iRobot product responsibly as per local regulations. The following is a list of the WEEE recycling organizations contracted by iRobot at the time of product sale.
Manufacturer Address: iRobot Corporation, 8 Crosby Drive, Bedford MA 01730, USA
©2021 iRobot Corporation, 8 Crosby Drive, Bedford, MA 01730 USA. All rights reserved.
iRobot and Roomba are registered trademarks of iRobot Corporation.
CleanBase is a trademark of iRobot Corporation. Wi-Fi and the Wi-Fi logo are registered trademarks of Wi-Fi Alliance.
Documents / Resources
|iRobot Roomba Clean Base Automatic Dirt Disposal [pdf] Owner's Manual|
Roomba, Clean Base Automatic Dirt Disposal, Roomba Clean Base Automatic Dirt Disposal, Automatic Dirt Disposal, Dirt Disposal
|iRobot Roomba Clean Base Automatic Dirt Disposal [pdf] Owner's Manual|
Roomba, Clean Base Automatic Dirt Disposal, Roomba Clean Base Automatic Dirt Disposal, Automatic Dirt Disposal, Dirt Disposal, Disposal