iRobot E515020 Roomba E5 Robot Vacuum Cleaner User Guide
Care and Maintenance
Care and Maintenance Instructions To keep your Roomba® robot vacuum running at peak performance, perform the procedures on the following pages.
There are additional instructional videos in the iRobot HOME App. If you notice the robot picking up less debris from your floor, empty the bin, clean the filter, and clean the brushes.
Care and Maintenance Overview
|Bin||Empty after each use||Page 3|
|Filter||Clean every week (twice a week if you have a pet)||Every 2 months||Page 3|
|Front Castor Wheel||Clean every 2 weeks||Every 12 months||Page 4|
|Edge- Sweeping Brush and Multi-Surface Brushes||Clean every month (twice a month if you have a pet)||Every 12 months||Page 4-5|
|Sensors and Charging Contacts||Clean once a month||Page 5|
Note: iRobot manufactures various replacement parts and assemblies. If you think you need a replacement part, please contact iRobot Customer Care for more information. Ask Customer Care or visit an authorised iRobot® dealer.
* Replacement frequency may vary. Parts should be replaced if visible wear appears.
Emptying the Bin
- Press the bin release button to remove the bin.
- Open the bin door to empty the bin.
- Place the bin back into the robot
Cleaning the Filter
- Release the bin. Remove the filter by grasping both ends and pulling out.
- Shake off debris by tapping the filter against your household rubbish bin.
- Reinsert the filter with the ridged grips facing out. Place the bin back into the robot.
Important: The robot will not run if the filter is not installed correctly. Replace the filter every two months.
Washing the Bin
Important: Do not wash the filter. Remove the filter before washing the bin.
- Release the bin, remove the filter, and open the bin door.
- Rinse the bin using warm water.
- Make sure that the bin is completely dry. Reinsert the filter and place the bin back into the robot.
Note: The bin is not dishwasher safe
Cleaning the Front Castor Wheel
- Pull firmly on the front wheel to remove it.
- Remove any debris from inside the wheel cavity.
- Reinstall all parts when finished. Make sure the wheel clicks back into place.
Important: A front wheel clogged with hair and debris could result in damage to your floor. If the wheel is not spinning freely after you have cleaned it, please contact Customer Care.
Cleaning the Edge-Sweeping Brush
- Use a coin or small screwdriver to remove the screw holding the Edge-Sweeping Brush in place.
- Remove the Edge-Sweeping Brush, clean the brush and the brush post, and then reinstall the brush.
Cleaning the Multi-Surface Brushes
- Pinch the brush frame release tab, lift the tab, and remove any obstructions.
- Remove the brushes from the robot. Remove the brush caps from the ends of the brushes. Remove any hair or debris that has collected beneath the caps. Reinstall the brush caps.
- Remove any hair or debris from the square and hexagonal pegs on the opposite side of the brushes.
- Remove the bin from the robot and clear any debris from the vacuum path.
- Reinstall the brushes in the robot. Match the shape of the brush pegs with the shape of the brush icons in the cleaning head module.
Cleaning the Sensors and Charging Contacts
- Wipe sensors and charging contacts with a clean, dry cloth.
Important: Do not spray cleaning solution or water onto the sensors or sensor openings.
Documents / Resources
|iRobot E515020 Roomba E5 Robot Vacuum Cleaner [pdf] User Guide|
E515020, Roomba E5 Robot Vacuum Cleaner