iRobot AXF-Y1 Sundial Radio
Module User Guide
Module Name: Sundial
Module Model Number: AXF-Y1
The Sundial module model AXF-Y1 is a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi module which is compliant with IEEE 802.11b/g/n specifications.
Chipset: The Sundial module main chipset: MediaTek MT7688
Supply: The module source all require power from 5VDC input supply
Operating Temperature: The Sundial module operates across the temperate range of -10° to 55° Celsius
4. OEM/Integrators Installation Manual:
Important Notice to OEM Integrators
- This module is limited to iRobot Corporation use ONLY.
- Any modifications to the Sundial module model AXF-Y1 may invalidate regulatory approvals or may necessitate notifications to the relevant regulatory authorities.
- OEM must inform iRobot Compliance of any changes which may require the Class I or Class II permissive changes for the FCC.
- The Sundial Radio module model AXF-Y1 uses an internal PCB trace antenna. Any substituted antenna and RF cable assemblies must be tested and approved in order to maintain compliance to FCC and ISED rules.
- For FCC Part 15.31(h) and (k): The host manufacturer is responsible for additional testing to verify compliance as a composite system. When testing the host device for compliance with Part 15 Subpart B, the host manufacturer is required to show compliance with Part 15 Subpart B while the transmitter module(s) are installed and operating. The module should be transmitting and the evaluation should confirm that the module’s intentional emissions are compliant with the transmitter rules.
End Product Labelling
When the module is installed in the host device, the FCC/IC ID label must be visible through a window on the final device or it must be visible when an access panel, door or cover is easily removed. The label shall state to following:
“Contains FCC ID: UFE-AXFY1”
“Contains IC: 6652A-AXFY1”
The FCC ID and IC ID can be used only when all FCC/IC compliance requirements are met.
Alternatively, electronic labelling method as documented in KDB 784748 may also be used.
- The antenna must be installed such that 20cm is maintained between the antenna and users,
- The transmitter module may not be co-located with any other transmitter or antenna,
- Only antennas of the same type and with equal or less gains as shown below may be used with this module. Other types of antenna and/or higher gain antennas will require additional authorization for operation.
In the event that these conditions cannot be met, then the FCC/IC authorization is no longer considered valid and the FCC ID/IC ID cannot be used on the host device. In these circumstances, the OEM integrator will be responsible for re-evaluating the host device (end-product), including the transmitter and obtaining a separate FCC/IC authorization.
5. Tested Antenna Information:
6. Regulatory Information:
6.1 USA Federal Communication Commission (FCC)
Information to the User:
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
(1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and
(2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
- Changes or modifications not expressly approved by iRobot Corporation could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
- This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference to radio communication will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
- FCC Radiation Exposure Statement: This product complies with FCC §2.1091(b) for mobile device RF exposure limits, set forth for an uncontrolled environment and is safe for the intended operation as described in this manual. Per FCC requirements, maintain a distance of more than 8 inches (20cm) between any person and the host device (Roomba robot).
6.2 Canada Innovation, Science and Economic Development (ISED)
This device contains a licence-exempt transmitter/receiver that complies with Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada’s licence-exempt RSS(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
(1) This device may not cause interference (2) This device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
- Under Industry Canada regulations, this radio transmitter may only operate using an antenna of a type and maximum (or lesser) gain approved for the transmitter by Industry Canada. To reduce potential radio interference to other users, the antenna type and its gain should be so chosen that the equivalent isotopically radiated power (e.i.r.p.) is not more than the necessary for successful communication.
- ISED Statement on Radiation Exposure: This product is compliant with the Canadian Standard IC RSS-102, Restriction of RF Exposure in an Uncontrolled Environment. The device can be used safely for its intended purpose, as described in this manual. Per ISED requirements, maintain a distance of more than 8 inches (20cm) between any person and the Roomba robot.
Documents / Resources
10035796 Metrobreeze New York Smart 7K Air Conditioner METROBREEZE NEW YORK SMART 7K Klimaanlage Air…
10035486 Luca Food Processor Multifunctional Blender Blender LUCA Küchenmaschine Food Processor Robot de cocina Robot…
10035373 Sauenland Pro XL Suckling Pig BBQ Grill SAUENLAND PRO XL Spanferkelgrill Suckling Pig BBQ…
10035372 Sauenland Survivor Suckling Pig BBQ Grill SAUENLAND SURVIVOR Spanferkelgrill Suckling Pig BBQ Grill Parrilla…