Instant VORTEXTM PLUS
6 Quart Air Fryer
Getting Started Guide
Full Manual, How to Videos and Recipes available online at instantappliances.com
Register your product today at instantappliances.com/support/register
- Remove all packaging material from in and around the Air Fryer, as well as all accessories from inside the cooking chamber.
- Follow Care & Cleaning instructions in the Safety, Maintenance & Warranty booklet to clean the air fryer before first use.
- Place the Air Fryer on a stable, level surface, away from combustible material and external heat sources. Leave at least 5” of space around the air fryer.
- Do not place anything on top of the air fryer and do not block the air vents.
- Never use the Air Fryer on a stovetop.
- Read all Important Safeguards in the Safety, Maintenance & Warranty booklet before use. Failure to do so may result in property damage and/or personal injury.
The models listed here may not be representative of all models in the Vortex, Vortex Plus and Vortex Pro series.
For a complete list of colors and patterns, visit instantappliances.com.
Initial Test Run
(approximate time: 25 minutes)
- Connect the power cord to a 2 120V power source.
Air fryer is in Standby and display indicates “OFF”.
Note: To wake the air fryer, press the dial button or touch the screen.
- Remove the air fry basket from the cooking chamber.
- Place the cooking tray on the bottom 4 of the air fry basket.
Note: Ensure the indicator arrows point towards the back or the front of the air fryer.
- Insert the air fry basket back into the cooking chamber.
- Select Smart Program: Air Fry.
- Touch Temp, then use the dial to adjust the cooking temperature to 205 ºC/400 ºF.
Touch Time, then use the dial to adjust the cook time to 20 minutes.*
*Note: Smart Programs automatically save your last temperature and time settings.
- Touch Start to begin cooking.
The display indicates “On” while the air fryer Preheats.
Touch the Time or Temp key to select the desired setting, then use the dial to adjust the cook time and temperature at any time during cooking.
- When the air fryer reaches the target temperature, the display indicates “Add Food”.
For this initial test, do not add food to the air fry basket.*
* Note: Some food items do not require a preheat time. Whether you remove the basket or not, cooking will proceed after 10 seconds.
When cooking, food may be added before or after preheating, as you desire.
- Carefully remove and re-insert the 10 air fryer basket.
Display changes from “Add Food” to indicate cook time and temperature.
Display also indicates “Cook”.
- Part way through the Smart Program, the air fryer beeps and displays “turn Food” to remind you to flip or shake your food items.*
Remove the air fry basket to pause the Smart Program and insert it into the cooking chamber to resume.
* Note: Notice only appears on Air Fry and Roast. Some food items do not require attention. Cooking will proceed after 10 seconds whether food has been turned or not.
- When 1 minute remains, the cook time counts down in seconds.
When the Smart Program completes, the display indicates “End” and the fan conitnues to blow to cool the air fryer.
Note: If the door is not opened, the Air Fryer will remind you that food is ready after 5, 30, and 60 minutes.
For further operation instructions, refer to the full User Manual online at instantappliances.com.
The air fryer and air fry basket will be hot during and after cooking. Do not touch hot surfaces. Allow the air fryer to cool to room temperature, then clean the air fry basket according to “Care & Cleaning” instructions in the included Safety, Maintenance & Warranty booklet.
* Broil & Dehydrate Smart Programs are only available on Vortex Plus 6 models.
For further information on controls and Smart Programs, refer to the full User Manual online at instantappliances.com.
*Note: Cook times and temperatures are recommendations only
All oven safe cookware is safe to use in the Air Fryer
For a complete cooking timetable, visit instantappliances.com