INSIGNIA NS-PCNVMEHDE-C M.2 NVME to USB-C SSD Enclosure
- NVMe M.2 SSD hard drive enclosure
- USB-C cable
- USB adapter
- Thermal pad
- Quick Setup Guide
- Supported SSD sizes: 30, 42, 60, and 80 mm
- Connects your M.2 NVMe SSD to your computer to back up files, transfer data only
- Lightweight aluminum construction goes where you do
- Tool-free, plug-and-play design makes installation and assembly simple
- USB-C to C cable and USB adapter included for wide-ranging use
- LED indicators show the enclosure is powered and ready to use
- Supports transfer speeds up to 10 Gbps, giving you fast access to your data
- Works with USB 3.2 Gen 2 and is backwards compatible for long-lasting use
- UASP support offers faster data speeds while reducing processor requirements
- Fits most NVMe and PCIe drives up to 2 TB and sized 2230, 2242, 2260 and 2280
INSTALLING YOUR HARD DRIVE IN THE ENCLOSURE
- Press down on the lock button, then pull out the inner tray of the enclosure.
- Rotate the fastener about 60 degrees counterclockwise to unlock it from the inner tray, then remove it.
- Insert your drive (not included) firmly into the enclosure slot on the inner tray.
- Reinstall the fastener and rotate it about 60 degrees clockwise to lock the drive into the tray.
- Remove the PE paper from the back of the thermal pad and place it on the drive.
- Push the inner tray into the enclosure until it clicks into place.
CONNECTING YOUR ENCLOSURE TO YOUR COMPUTER
CAUTION: SSDs that have been used previously should already be formatted. If your SSD is not new, and if you choose to format the drive, all data/information on the drive will be lost.
- Connect the USB-C cable into the port on the enclosure.
- Plug the other end of the cable into a USB port on your computer to access the drive.
Note: For laptops with no USB-C port, use the included USB-C to USB adapter to connect to an open USB port.
- If this is the first time you are using your drive, follow your computer’s operating system instructions to format the drive.
- Follow your computer’s operating system instructions to transfer data to or from your computer.
Can’t find the additional drive in my system
- Make sure that your drive is functioning. A drive that does not work in a laptop will not work with this enclosure either.
- Make sure that the USB cable is connected firmly to your enclosure and computer.
- Make sure that the USB cable is not damaged.
- Open the enclosure and make sure that all connections are secure.
- Try using a different USB port.
- If it is a new drive, it may need to be formatted. Do not format a drive that already has data on it.
- Do not use USB hubs without a separate power supply because they may not provide enough power.
Data transfer is slow
- Make sure that your computer’s drivers are up-to-date.
- Try using a different USB port.
- Dimensions: 4.4 × 1.6 × .53 in. (112.2 × 39.7 × 13.4 mm)
- Connection types: USB-C (USB 3.2 Gen 2)
- Cable length: 3.3 ft. (1 m)
- Data transfer speed: 10 Gbps (MAX)
Transfer speeds are limited to the drive’s specifications and performance characteristics.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation. This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
This Class B digital apparatus complies with Canadian ICES-003; Cet appareil numérique de la classe B est conforme à la norme NMB-003 du Canada.
INSIGNIA is a trademark of Best Buy and its affiliated companies Distributed by Best Buy Purchasing, LLC 7601 Penn Ave South, Richfield, MN 55423 U.S.A. ©2022 Best Buy. All rights reserved.
Documents / Resources
|INSIGNIA NS-PCNVMEHDE-C M.2 NVME to USB-C SSD Enclosure [pdf] User Guide|
NS-PCNVMEHDE, NS-PCNVMEHDE-C, NS-PCNVMEHDE-C M.2 NVME to USB-C SSD Enclosure, NS-PCNVMEHDE-C, M.2 NVME to USB-C SSD Enclosure