NS-PA3UHD/NS-PA3UHD-C USB to HDMI Adapter
- USB 3.0 to 4K HDMI Adapter
- Quick Setup Guide
- A simple way to connect your computer to an HDMI display
- Mirrors or extends your screen to a second monitor for better presentations and multitasking
- 4K resolution at 30 Hz (using USB 3.0) gives you a high-quality viewing and audio experience
- Easy to install driver available online for a quick setup
- Computer with an available USB port
- Windows 10 or macOS 10.12 or newer
For a maximum resolution of 3840 × 2160 at 30 Hz using USB 3.0:
- CPU: Intel Core i7 Quad Core / RAM: 8GB memory or higher
- Graphics card: Intel HD Graphics 4000 /ATI HD 7xxx / NVIDIA 5XXM or higher
INSTALLING THE DRIVER
Automatically installing the driver
- Make sure that your computer is connected to the internet.
- Using a 4K HDMI cable (not provided), connect your monitor to the HDMI port on the adapter, then turn on your monitor.
- Plug the adapter into a USB 3.0 port on your computer. The driver installs automatically.
If the driver doesn’t automatically install, see “Manually installing the Windows driver”.
Manually installing the Windows driver
- Go to www.insigniaproducts.com.
- Search for NS-PA3UHD, then select the Support & Download tab.
- Under Drivers, Firmware & Software click Files to download the driver.
- Open the downloaded .zip folder, then follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
If the driver doesn’t automatically install, follow the instructions below.
Manually installing the macOS driver
Unplug your USB to HDMI adapter and make sure to uninstall the previous driver before installing a new driver version.
- Go to www.insigniaproducts.com.
- Search for NS-PA3UHD, then expand the Overview section.
- Under Manuals & Guides, click the link under the Firmware, Drivers & Software (ZIP) section.
- To load drivers for your Mac, click Insignia-x.x-xx…dmg.
- Select the proper driver version (e.g 10.15-1x-xxx.pkg) and click it to install the USB video display driver.
- Follow the instructions to install the device driver.
A. Enter your password, then click Install Software. System Extension Updated opens.
B. Click Restart. Your Mac restarts.
C. After your Mac restarts, connect the adapter to your Mac. USB DISPLAY DEVICE NOTIFICATIONS appears. Click Allow.
Note: macOS requires user approval before loading new third-party extensions. Approve the authentication messages when they appear in the following steps or by going to System Preference > Security & Privacy.
D. The USB Display Device window appears. Click Activate USB Display Driver. The System Extension Blocked box appears.
E. Click Open Security Preferences. The Security & Privacy box appears.
F. Click Allow. The Screen Recording message appears.
G. Click Open System Preferences. The Security & Privacy box opens.
H. Click DJTVirualDisplayAgent APP to record screen content.
Note: If you don’t see the above Security & Privacy pop-up screen during the first driver installation, go to System Preference > Security & Security > Screen Recording to make sure that this driver was installed.
My computer does not detect the adapter
- Make sure that all of the cables are connected securely and correctly.
- Make sure that the cables are not damaged.
- Try connecting to another USB port.
- Make sure that the driver is installed (if required).
The driver did not install on my system
- Make sure that the adapter and network cable are not damaged.
- To check the device installation, go to
Windows: Control Panel > Device Manager > Display Adapters. Look for a string like Insignia USB3.0 Display Adapter.
Mac: Click the Apple icon ( ), then click About This Mac > System Report > Hardware -USB. Look for a string like Insignia USB3.0 Display Adapter Station.
- Temporarily shut down your firewall and antivirus software in case they are preventing the installation of the driver.
- Make sure that your system is compatible with the driver. See System Requirements for more information.
My monitor won’t extend or mirror my computer’s display.
- Change the display settings on your computer.
My display won’t show 4K content.
- Make sure that all of your devices support 4K and that you are playing 4K content.
My display doesn’t show anything. (),
- Unplug and replug the display adapter.
This device complies with Part 15B of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
This Class B digital apparatus complies with Canadian
WARNING: Cancer and reproductive harm – www.p65warnings.ca.gov
ONE-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Visit www.insigniaproducts.com for details.
For customer service, call 877-467-4289
(U.S. and Canada)
INSIGNIA is a trademark of Best Buy and its affiliated companies.
Distributed by Best Buy Purchasing, LLC
7601 Penn Ave South, Richfield, MN 55423 U.S.A.
©2022 Best Buy. All rights reserved.
Documents / Resources
|INSIGNIA NS-PA3UHD/NS-PA3UHD-C USB to HDMI Adapter [pdf] User Guide|
NS-PA3UHD, NS-PA3UHD-C, USB to HDMI Adapter, HDMI Adapter, USB Adapter, Adapter, NS-PA3UHD NS-PA3UHD-C USB to HDMI Adapter