INSIGNIA NS-DASH152 1080p Dash Camera
- 1080p Dash Camera
- 12 ft. (3.6 m) USB power cable
- Mounting bracket with suction cup
- Adhesive attachment
- User Guide
- Quick Setup Guide
- 1080p video quality with playback option captures a crystal-clear image
- Wide Dynamic Range provides a vivid picture in both bright and dim environments, including at night
- Wide-angle lens captures everything within a 136° window
- G-sensor detects if a collision has occurred and auto-saves the current recording in a 1-, 2-, or 3-minute segment
- Loop recording feature overwrites old video to conserve memory card space (memory card not included)
- Temperature-resistant build functions at temperatures from 0° to 140° F ( -18° to 60° C)
- Adhesive mount attaches securely to your car’s windshield
- Power adapter plugs into your vehicle’s 12 V accessory port
INSTALLING THE DASH CAM
Note: Use a microSD memory card with 8 GB to 256 GB of memory. We recommend using a card with the highest memory capacity available. Higher memory capacity lets you record more.
- Insert a microSD memory card.
- Clean and thoroughly dry the windshield area where you want to mount your dash camera.
- Insert and slide the mounting bracket on the suction cap into the mounting slot on the top of your dash camera.
Note: An adhesive mount is also available.
- Peel the protective film from the mounting bracket and the dash camera lens.
- Position the suction cup on the windshield, then move the mounting bracket switch clockwise until you hear a click.
Connect the provided USB cable to the USB
Thread the cable from your dash camera, around the outer edge of the windshield, and to a 12 V vehicle accessory port. Plug the cable into the vehicle power adapter, plug the adapter into the accessory port, then turn on your vehicle. Your dash camera starts automatically.
Rotate the mounting bracket to adjust the viewing angle as needed.
FORMATTING AN SD CARD
- Insert a microSD card into the card slot.
- Press the OK button to open the on-screen display menu
- Press down arrow to scroll down the option list and select Format SD Card, then press OK.
Note: The first time you insert a new SD card into your dash camera, the screen prompts you with one of the following error messages if there is an issue with the card:
- CARD ERROR Replace SD Card – indicates that the new card is not available to your dash camera (the card may be incompatible or damaged). Remove the SD card and replace it with another card. Use SD cards between 8 GB and 256 GB.
- CARD ERROR FORMAT Card in Camera – indicates that the formatting on the new card is not compatible with your dash camera. This will delete all of the information on your dash camera, so save your files first.
TURNING ON YOUR DASH CAMERA MANUALLY
Press and hold the ( power) button to turn your dash camera off. Press again to turn it back on. Note: If you have an SD card installed and your dash camera is connected to a vehicle accessory port, it starts recording automatically when you start your vehicle. You should review your first video to make sure that the camera is positioned correctly and that the video recorded correctly.
SETTING UP YOUR DASH CAMERA
The first time your dash camera is turned on, you need to enter the year, month, day, and time zone, select Daylight Saving Time (if applicable), and enter the time. Your dash camera uses these settings when creating file names and time stamps.
RECORDING VIDEO WITH YOUR DASH CAMERA
- Make sure that your power cable is connected and the SD card is inserted.
- After the vehicle is turned on, your dash cam automatically turns on and starts recording.
- Press the OK button to open the Settings menu.
- Leave the Settings menu open for 30 seconds without operation. Your dash cam will return to the recording interface and continue recording.
The User Guide contains information about operating your dash camera, troubleshooting, and specifications.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
- Always read the safety instructions and the User Guide carefully. Keep the User Guide for future reference.
- Do not drop or allow forceful impacts to your dash camera, and do not install it in locations exposed to heavy vibrations.
- Do not disassemble or modify your dash camera in any way. Disassembly or modification may not only void the warranty, but may also cause damage.
- Do not use or store your dash camera in damp locations. Liquid entering your dash camera may cause damage or lead to fires or electric shock.
- Do not operate your dash camera in extreme heat conditions. If your vehicle is parked in a hot sunny climate, let your vehicle cool down before using your dash camera.
FCC Part 15
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation. This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications.
However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Warning: Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
WARNING: Cancer and reproductive harm – www.p65warnings.ca.gov
ONE-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Visit www.insigniaproducts.com for details.
For customer service, call 877-467-4289
(U.S. and Canada)
INSIGNIA is a trademark of Best Buy and its affiliated companies Distributed by Best Buy Purchasing, LLC
7601 Penn Ave South, Richfield, MN 55423 U.S.A.
©2021 Best Buy. All rights reserved.
Documents / Resources
|INSIGNIA NS-DASH152 1080p Dash Camera [pdf] Instruction Manual|
NS-DASH152, 1080p Dash Camera, NS-DASH152 1080p Dash Camera