INSIGNIA Metal, Glass, and Wood Finish TV Stand User Guide
SAFETY INFORMATION AND SPECIFICATIONS
CAUTION: The top surface of this stand is designed for use with a product weighing no more than 125 lbs. (56.7 kg) and having a width that permits it to sit evenly on the stand with no more than a one-inch overhang on each side of the shelf. Use with products that weigh more than the maximum weight allowed, or with dimensions that extend beyond the
maximum width may result in instability, which may result in injury.
CAUTION: This product contains small items that could be a choking hazard if swallowed. Keep these items away from young children!
Model #: NS-HWMG1754G / NS-HWMG1754M / NS-HWMG1754M-C
Maximum Supported Weights:
– Top shelf: 125 lbs. (56.7 kg)
– Middle shelf: 35 lbs. (15.9 kg)
– Bottom shelf: 35 lbs. (15.9 kg)
Maximum screen size: 60” diagonal
Overall dimensions (W× H × D):
54 x 24 x 18 in.
(137.2 x 60.9 x 45.7 cm)
Overall weight: 123.5 Lbs. (56.02 kg)
PACKAGE CONTENTS: PARTS
Make sure that you have all the parts necessary to assemble your new TV stand. While not all parts are labeled, some of the parts will have a label or an inked letter on the edge to help distinguish similar parts from each
other. Use this part identification to help identify similar parts.
M1 – TV Stand Body (1) M2 – Wood Side (2)
M3 – Glass Shelf (3) M4 – Glass Top (1)
PACKAGE CONTENTS: HARDWARE
Note: The table below shows the required hardware. You may receive extra hardware. Make sure that you have all the hardware necessary to assemble your new TV stand.
Step 1: Preparing the TV stand body
Caution: Assemble your stand on a carpeted floor or on the empty box to avoid scratching your stand.
- Place the TV Stand Body (M1) upright on the floor.
- Pull the front of the body away from the back of the body until the hinged sides are straight.
Note: We recommend having two people to assemble your TV stand.
- Screw five shelf support posts (M13) into the pre-threaded holes in the back and front frame. Use the holes that provide the equipment clearance you need.
- Screw two 7 mm screws (M5) into the bottom edge of both wood sides (M2) to the depth of the threads.
Step 2: Securing the hinged sides and the left side panel
- Secure the lower hinged braces in the straight position with two of the 10 mm body screws (M6).
- Align the 7 mm screws (M5) on the lower edge of the left side (M2) with the holes in the cross braces on the stand body (M1) (as shown in the detail below), then attach the left side. Secure the left side (M2) to the stand (M1) body using two of the 28 mm side support screws (M12) provided.
- Add rubber glass supports (M7 and M8) to the top shelf brackets and the bottom, respectively.
Step 3: Installing the glass shelves
- Make sure the TV stand doors are open.
- Carefully slide the three interior glass shelves (M3) into the stand body (M1) from the right side until they touch the left side.
Step 4: Installing the right side and door handles
- Align the 7 mm screws (M5) on the lower edge of the right side (M2) with the holes in the cross braces on the stand body (M1), then attach the right side. Secure the right side (M2) to the stand (M1) body using two of the 28 mm side support screws (M12) provided.
- Install the two cabinet door handles (M10) onto the cabinet doors with the four 22 mm screws (M9) provided.
Step 5: Installing the top
- With the help of another person, lift the glass top (M4) into position on the top of the TV stand body.
- Insert the 10 mm body screws (M6) through the top brackets and into the threaded silver inserts that are pre-installed on the glass top (M4) until the top is secure. You may need to move the glass top (M4) slightly to get the holes to align for the 10mm body screws (M6). Do not overtighten. You’ll need:
CARE AND MAINTENANCE Wood/Laminate
- Use your favorite type of furniture polish.
- Do not spray polish directly onto the stand. Spray onto a soft cloth then wipe the stand.
- Always test any polish in a discrete location first, such as the back of the stand, to make sure that there is no adverse reaction.
- Dust frequently with a soft cloth.
- Never slide objects across surfaces. Lift objects from the top surface rather than dragging them across the finish when moving them.
- Do not expose your stand to direct sunlight, drying heat sources, or dampness.
Please use your stand correctly and safely. Improper use can cause safety hazards or damage to your furniture or household items. Carefully read the following chart.
|Look out for:||What can happen:||How to avoid the problem:|
|• Children climbing on the stand.
• Children playing near the TV.
|• Risk of injury or death.
• A child playing with a TV can cause it to tip over.
|• Never allow children to climb on or play with the stand.
• Do not place toys or food on the top shelves. Children may try to climb to reach them out of curiosity.
|• Improper use of the stand to support TVs.
• TVs that are above the maximum specified weight and/or size.
|• Risk of injury or death.
• TVs can be very heavy. Note, older CRT TVs tend to be unbalanced and prone to tipping forward.
|• A TV must only be set on furniture specifically designed to support a television.
• Never use a TV that exceeds the weight ratings or size guidelines specified for the stand.
|• Overloaded shelves||• Risk of injury.
• Top-heavy furniture can tip over.
• Overloaded shelves can break.
|• Never exceed the weight limits shown in the instructions.
• Work from the bottom to the top when loading shelves.
• The middle shelf can only support 35 lbs. and the bottom shelf can only support 35 lbs. The top can support 125 lbs.
|• Improperly moving the stand.||• The stand can tip over or break if improperly moved.
• Risk of injury.
|• Unload shelves from the top to the bottom before moving the stand.
• Do not push the stand, especially on a carpeted floor. Have a friend help you lift the item and set it in place.
• Do not lift the stand using the top shelf. Lift from the frame or leg assembly.
• Remove the TV before moving the TV stand.
ONE-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
The Distributor* of Insignia branded products warrants to you, the original purchaser of this new Insignia-branded product (“Product”), that the Product shall be free of defects in the original manufacturer of the material or workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of your purchase of the Product (“Warranty Period”).
For this warranty to apply, your Product must be purchased in the United States or Canada from a Best Buy branded retail store or online at www.bestbuy.com or www.bestbuy.ca and is packaged with this warranty statement.
How long does the coverage last?
The Warranty Period lasts for 1 year (365 days) from the date you purchased the Product. Your purchase date is printed on the receipt you received with the Product.
What does this warranty cover?
During the Warranty Period, if the original manufacture of the material or workmanship of the Product is determined to be defective by an authorized Insignia repair center or store personnel, Insignia will (at its sole option): (1) repair the Product with new or rebuilt parts; or (2) replace the Product at no charge with new or rebuilt comparable products or parts. Products and parts replaced under this warranty become the property of Insignia and are not returned to you. If service of Products or parts are required after the Warranty Period expires, you must pay all labor and parts charges.
This warranty lasts as long as you own your Insignia Product during the Warranty Period. Warranty coverage terminates if you sell or otherwise transfer the Product.
How to obtain warranty service?
If you purchased the Product at a Best Buy retail store location or from a Best Buy online website (www.bestbuy.com or www.bestbuy.ca), please take your original receipt and the Product to any Best Buy store. Make sure that you place the Product in its original packaging or packaging that provides the same amount of protection as the original packaging.
To obtain warranty service, in the United States and Canada call 1-877-467-4289. Call agents may diagnose and correct the issue over the phone.
Where is the warranty valid?
This warranty is valid only in the United States and Canada at Best Buy branded retail stores or websites to the original purchaser of the product in the
country where the original purchase was made.
What does the warranty not cover?
This warranty does not cover:
- Customer instruction/education
- Set up adjustments
- Cosmetic damage
- Damage due to weather, lightning, and other acts of God, such as power surges
- Accidental damage
- Commercial purposes/use, including but not limited to use in a place of business or in communal areas of a multiple dwelling condominium or apartment complex, or otherwise used in a place of other than a private home.
- Modification of any part of the Product, including the antenna
- Display panel damaged by static (non-moving) images applied for lengthy periods (burn-in).
- Damage due to incorrect operation or maintenance
- Connection to an incorrect voltage or power supply
- Attempted repair by any person not authorized by Insignia to service the Product
- Products sold “as is” or “with all faults”
- Consumables, including but not limited to batteries (i.e. AA, AAA, C etc.)
- Products where the factory applied serial number has been altered or removed
- Loss or Theft of this product or any part of the product
- Display panels containing up to three (3) pixel failures (dots that are dark or incorrectly illuminated) grouped in an area smaller than one tenthb (1/10) of the display size or up to five (5) pixel failures throughout the display. (Pixel based displays may contain a limited number of pixels that may not function normally.)
- Failures or Damage caused by any contact including but not limited to liquids, gels or pastes.
REPAIR REPLACEMENT AS PROVIDED UNDER THIS WARRANTY IS YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR BREACH OF WARRANTY. INSIGNIA SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR THE BREACH OF ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY ON THIS PRODUCT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST DATA, LOSS OF USE OF YOUR PRODUCT, LOST BUSINESS OR LOST PROFITS. INSIGNIA PRODUCTS MAKES NO OTHER EXPRESS WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCT, ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES FOR THE PRODUCT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE WARRANTY PERIOD SET FORTH ABOVE AND NO WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WILL APPLY AFTER THE WARRANTY
PERIOD. SOME STATES, PROVINCES AND JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE OR PROVINCE TO PROVINCE.
INSIGNIA is a trademark of Best Buy and its affiliated companies.
*Distributed by Best Buy Purchasing, LLC
7601 Penn Ave South, Richfield, MN 55423 U.S.A.
©2020 Best Buy. All rights reserved.
Read More About This Manual & Download PDF:
Documents / Resources
|INSIGNIA Metal, Glass, and Wood Finish TV Stand [pdf] User Guide|
INSIGNIA, NS-HWMG1754G, NS-HWMG1754M, NS-HWMG1754M-C, Metal, Glass, and, Wood, Finish, TV Stand