QUICK SETUP GUIDE
3.6A USB Charger Wall Outlet
Before using your new product, please read these instructions to prevent any damage.
We recommend that you use a professional electrician to install the USB charger wall outlet. For information about electrical specifications, see SPECIFICATIONS.
- RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK — Use only in dry locations and only indoors.
- All cables should be routed away from the charger outlet openings.
- DO NOT use with any aquarium equipment.
- DO NOT install in an outlet that is not grounded.
Notes to the installer:
- This device must be installed in accordance with National and Local electrical codes.
- To prevent severe shock or electrocution, always turn power OFF at the service panel before working with wiring.
- This device should be used with copper or copper-clad wire. DO NOT use with aluminum wire.
- DO NOT plug this device into a shallow wall box. The wall box must be deep enough to house the charger outlet. If the box is too shallow, the charger outlet will not fit securely into the wall.
- 3.6A USB Charger Wall Outlet
- White decora-style wall plate
- Screws: 2 long and 2 short
- Quick Setup Guide
- Replaces a standard duplex outlet
- Quickly charges USB devices
- Tamper-resistant outlets for added safety
- Provides two USB ports with 3.6A total output
- Provides two standard 110V power outlets
- Works in nearly all installations
- Compatible with your existing decora wall plate
INSTALLING THE CHARGER
- Warning: DISCONNECT POWER. Failure to do so can result in severe injury or death.
Make sure that you disconnect power to the circuit by removing the fuse from the circuit breaker or turning OFF the circuit breaker.
- Remove the wall plate and mounting screws that cover the old outlet.
- Carefully remove the existing outlet from the wall box.
- Disconnect the wiring from the old outlet. Note the wire positions. Connect the charger outlet wires the same way.
- Connect the wires to the charger outlet:
• Black lead attaches to the hot wire(s)
• White lead attaches to the neutral wire(s)
• Green lead attaches to the ground wire(s)Insert the straightened wire into either of the two holes of the hot and neutral locations on the side of the outlet. Power passes between the two corresponding holes for pass-thru wiring. Attach the ground wire to the bottom of the outlet.
- Tighten every screw and make sure that no bare copper wire is exposed. When tightening screws, use 14 pounds-per-inch of torque.
- Carefully insert the charger outlet into the wall box.
- Secure the charger outlet to the wall box with the two long screws (provided).
- Secure the wall plate to the charger outlet with the two shorts crews (provided).
- Restore power by replacing the fuse or turning on the circuit breaker. The charger outlet is ready to use.
USING THE CHARGER OUTLET
- To charge USB devices (like mobile phones or tablets), plug USB cables into the USB ports on the charger outlet and into the USB ports on the devices.
- To power electrical devices (like lamps or notebooks), plug them into the electrical outlets.
Dimensions (L × W × H)
With plate: 4.7 × 3 × 1.9 in. (120 × 76 × 47.5 mm)
Without plate: 4.2 × 1.7 × 1.9 in (106 x 43 x 47.5 mm)
Receptacle Rating: 15Amp, 125VAC
USB Rating: Two USB ports with total 3.6A, 5V DC
Line voltage: 125V AC @ 60 Hz
Wire Terminals: #14-#12 AWG
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Warning: Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
ONE-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Visit www.insigniaproducts.com for details.
For customer service, call 877-467-4289 (U.S. and Canada) or 01-800-926-3000 (Mexico)
INSIGNIA is a trademark of Best Buy and its affiliated companies
Distributed by Best Buy Purchasing, LLC
7601 Penn Ave South, Richfield, MN 55423 U.S.A.
©2016 Best Buy. All rights reserved
Made in China
INSIGNIA NS-HW36A217 3.6A USB Charger Wall Outlet Quick Setup Guide – Download