Quick Start Guide
Disconnect the camera from the power before installation or taking out its SD card.
Press and hold the reset button for 10 s to reset the camera. See the table below for definitions of camera’s LED behaviors.
|LED Indicator Status||Device Status|
|Off||• Power off/LED turned off
• Rebooting after reset
|Solid red||• Booting
• Device malfunction
|Flashing red||Network connection failed|
|Flashing green||Ready for network configuration|
|Solid green||Operating properly|
|Flashing green and red alternately||Updating firmware|
Setting up Camera
Follow the steps below to add the camera to your You account.
Step 1 Scan the following QR code or search “Imou Life” in Google Play or App Store to download and install the app.
If you already use the app, make sure that you are using the latest version.
Step 2 Launch the app. Then create an account if you are a new user.
Step 3 Connect the camera to the power source with the power adapter.
Step 4 After the camera boots up, the LED indicator light flashes green (wire-free camera) or is on solid green (wired camera).
If the LED indicator status goes wrong, reset the camera.
Step 5 Follow the on-screen prompts to add the camera. Repeat the adding process if you have multiple cameras.
About the Guide
– This manual is for reference only. The operation of the actual product shall prevail if there is any inconsistency.
– All the designs and software are subject to change without prior written notice.
– All trademarks and registered trademarks mentioned are the properties of their respective owners.
– Please visit our website or contact your local customer service if there is any problem when using the device.
– If there is any uncertainty or controversy, we reserve the right of final explanation.
Make sure that the mounting surface is strong enough to hold at least three times the weight of the camera.
Use Mounting Adhesive
Step 1 Peel off the mounting adhesive and stick it to the bottom of the camera.
To paste the device firmly, clean and dry the mounting surface in advance.
Step 2 Press and hold the device against the installation area for 10 seconds and then release.
Step 3 Power on the camera and then adjust its angle properly.
Use Mounting Plate
Step 1 Peel off the mounting template and stick it to the desired installation area.
Step 2 Drill holes into the mounting surface as the mounting template marks and then insert wall anchors as needed.
Step 3 Secure the mounting plate to the mounting surface with included mounting screws.
Step 4 Put the camera onto the mounting plate and ensure they attract to each other.
Step 5 Power on the camera and then adjust its angle properly.
► Q: The device cannot boot up or work as expected?
Check the LED indicator status. If the light is not in green, press and hold the reset button for 10 s to reset the camera.
► Q: How to connect the camera to another Wi-Fi network?
- If the camera is online, select Device Details > Network Config to change the Wi-Fi connection on the app.
- If the camera is offline, reset the camera, and then configure the camera again.
► Q: Connection takes too long?
- Check if the distance between the camera and the router, and that between the camera and the smartphone is both within 5 m (16.4 ft) during the connection.
- Check the Wi-Fi configuration of the router: Select the channel to auto, and the mode to align mixed.
► Q: When the micro SD card is full, how is the recorded video saved?
When the micro SD card is full, the system will overwrite the previously recorded videos. Save the important information in time.
► Q: Where are the recorded videos saved?
If you have activated the cloud storage and installed a micro SD card, the recordings will be both saved to the card and cloud. If the cloud storage is deactivated, the recordings are saved to the SD card. Videos recorded during live view or playback are saved on your phone.
► Q: The device is offline?
Check the indicator status:
- Solid green: Check whether the router can connect to the Internet. If the network is connected, restart the camera.
- Flashing red: Reset the camera, and then configure the camera again.
- Solid red: The camera is faulty.
For more questions, please scan the QR code below or visit: www.imoulife.com/web/support/help
Important Safeguards and Warnings
This Chapter describes the contents covering proper handling of the device, hazard prevention, and prevention of property damage. Read these contents carefully before using the device, comply with them when using, and keep it well for future reference
The following categorized signal words with defined meaning might appear in the manual
|DANGER||Indicates a high potential hazard which, if not avoided,
will result in death or serious injury.
|WARNING||Indicates a medium or low potential hazard which, if not
avoided, could result in slight or moderate injury.
|CAUTION||Indicates a potential risk which, if not avoided, could
result in property damage, data loss, lower
performance, or unpredictable results.
|ITV||Provides methods to help you solve a problem or save
|NOTE||Provides additional information as the emphasis and
supplement to the text.
- Abide by local electrical safety standards to ensure that the vintage is stable and complies with the power supply requirement of the device.
- Transport, use, and store the device under the allowed humidity and temperature conditions. Refer to the corresponding technical specifications of the device for specific working temperature and humidity.
- Do not place the device in a location exposed to dampness, dust, extreme hot or cold, strong electronic radiation, or unstable lighting conditions.
- Do not install the device in a place near the heat source, such as a radiator, heater, furnace, or another heat-generating device to avoid fire.
- Prevent elicited from flowing into the device to avoid damage to internal components.
- Install the device horizontally or install it in a stable place to prevent it from falling.
- Install the device in a well-ventilated place, and do not block the ventilation of the device.
- Do not disassemble the device arbitrarily.
- Avoid heavy stress, violent vibration, and soaking during transportation, storage, and installation. The complete package is necessary during transportation.
- Use the factory package or the equivalent for transportation
Low battery power affects the operation of the RTC, causing it to reset at every power-up. When the battery needs replacing, a log message will appear in the product’s server report. For more information about the server report, see the product’s setup pages or contact Dahua support
- Risk of explosion if the battery is incorrectly replaced
- Replace only with an identical battery or a battery which is recommended by Dahua.
- Dispose of used batteries according to local regulations or the battery manufacturer’s instructions
Documents / Resources
|IMOU PC-CX2S-D Consumer Camera [pdf] User Guide|
IPC-CX2S-D, IPCCX2SD, 2AVYF-IPC-CX2S-D, 2AVYFIPCCX2SD, PC-CX2S-D Consumer Camera, Consumer Camera, Camera