IKEA logo

VARMD Microwave Oven
Instruction Manual

IKEA VARMD Microwave Oven - fig1

Safety information

warning 2 PRECAUTIONS TO AVOID POSSIBLE EXPOSURE TO EXCESSIVE MICROWAVE ENERGY
a) Do not attempt to operate this oven with the door open since this can result in harmful exposure to microwave energy. It is important not to break or tamper with the safety interlocks.
b) Do not place any objects between the oven front face and the door or allow soil or cleaner residue to accumulate on sealing surfaces.
c) WARNING! If the door or door seals are damaged, the oven must not be operated until it has been repaired by a competent person.

IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS WARNING
To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, injury to persons or exposure to excessive microwave oven energy when using your appliance, follow basic precautions, including the following: Read and follow the specific:
“PRECAUTIONS TO AVOID POSSIBLE EXPOSURE TO EXCESSIVE MICROWAVE ENERGY”.
This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years.
Keep the appliance and its cord out of reach of children less than 8 years.
If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
WARNING: Ensure that the appliance is switched off before replacing the lamp to avoid the possibility of electric shock.
WARNING: It is hazardous for anyone other than a competent person to carry out any service or repair operation that involves the removal of a cover that gives protection against exposure to microwave energy.
WARNING: Liquids and other foods must not be heated in sealed containers since they are liable to explode.
When heating food in plastic or paper containers, keep an eye on the oven due to the possibility of ignition.

Only use utensils that are suitable for use in microwave ovens.
If smoke is emitted, switch off or unplug the appliance and keep the door closed in order to stifle any flames.
Microwave heating of beverages can result in delayed eruptive boiling, therefore care must be taken when handling the container. The content of feeding bottles and baby food jars shall be stirred or shaken and the temperature checked before consumption, in order to avoid burns.
Eggs in their shell and whole hardboiled eggs should not be heated in microwave ovens since they may explode, even after microwave heating has ended. The oven should be cleaned regularly and any food deposits removed. Failure to maintain the oven in a clean condition could lead to deterioration of the surface that could adversely affect the life of the appliance and possibly result in a hazardous situation. Only use the temperature probe recommended for this oven. (For ovens provided with a facility to use a temperature-sensing probe.) The microwave oven must be operated with the kitchen furniture door open. (For ovens with a kitchen furniture door in front of the product) This appliance is intended to be used in household and similar applications such as:

  • by clients in hotels, motels and other residential type environments;
  • farmhouses;
  • bed and breakfast type environments.

The microwave oven is intended for heating food and beverages. Drying of food or clothing and heating of warming pads, slippers, sponges, damp cloth and similar may lead to the risk of injury, ignition, or ire. Metallic containers for food and beverages are not allowed during microwave cooking. The appliance shall not be cleaned with a steam cleaner. The appliance must not be installed behind a decorative door in order to avoid overheating. (This is not applicable for appliances with decorative doors) The microwave oven is intended to be used built-in. Care should be taken not to displace the turntable when removing containers from the appliance. (For fixed appliances and built-in appliances being used equal or higher than 900mm above the floor and having detached le turntables. But this is not applicable for appliances with horizontal bottom-hinged doors)IKEA VARMD Microwave Oven - fig2

TO REDUCE THE RISK OF INJURY TO A PERSON GROUNDING INSTALLATION
DANGER
Electric Shock Hazard Touching some of the internal components can cause serious personal injury or death. Do not disassemble this appliance.

WARNING Electric Shock Hazard Improper use of the grounding can result in electric shock. Do not plug into an outlet until the appliance is properly installed and grounded. This appliance must be grounded. In the event of an electrical short circuit, grounding reduces the risk of electric shock by providing an escape wire for the electric current. This appliance is equipped with a cord having a grounding wire with a grounding plug. The plug must be plugged into an outlet that is properly installed and grounded. Consult a quali ed electrician or serviceman if the grounding instructions are not completely understood or if doubt exists as to whether the appliance is properly grounded. If it is necessary to use an extension cord, use only a 3-wire extension cord.
A short power-supply cord is provided to reduce the risks resulting from becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord.
If a long cord set or extension cord is used:
The marked electrical rating of the cord set or extension cord should be at least as great as the electrical rating of the appliance. The extension cord must be a grounding-type 3-wire cord. The long cord should be arranged so that it will not drape over the countertop or tabletop where it can be pulled on by children or tripped over unintentionally.

CLEANING Be sure to unplug the appliance from the power supply. Clean the cavity of the oven after using a slightly damp cloth. Clean the accessories in the usual way in soapy water. The door frame and seal and neighboring parts must be cleaned carefully with a damp cloth when they are dirty. Do not use harsh abrasive cleaners or sharp metal scrapers to clean the oven door glass since they can scratch the surface, which may result in the shattering of the glass. Cleaning Tip For easier cleaning of the cavity walls that the food cooked can touch: Place half a lemon in a bowl, add 300 ml (1/2 pint) water, and heat on 100% microwave power for 10 minutes. Wipe the oven clean using a soft, dry cloth.

UTENSILS
CAUTION
Personal Injury Hazard It is hazardous for anyone other than a competent person to carry out any service or repair operation that involves the removal of a cover that gives protection against exposure to microwave energy. See the instructions on “MATERIALS YOU CAN USE IN MICROWAVE OVEN OR BE AVOIDED IN MICROWAVE OVEN”. There may be certain non-metallic utensils that are not safe to use for microwaving. If in doubt, you can test the utensil in question following the procedure below. Utensil Test: Fill a microwave-safe container with 1 cup of cold water (250ml) along with the utensil in question. Cook on maximum power for 1 minute. Carefully feel the utensil. If the empty utensil is warm, do not use it for microwave cooking. Do not exceed 1 minute of cooking time.

MATERIALS TO BE AVOIDED IN MICROWAVE OVEN

UTENSILS REMARKS
Aluminum tray May cause arcing. Transfer food into a microwave-safe dish.
Food carton with metal handle May cause arcing. Transfer food into a microwave-safe dish.
Metal or metal trimmed utensils Metal shields the food from microwave energy. Metal trim may cause arcing.
Metal twist ties It May cause arcing and could cause a fire in the oven.
Paper bags May cause a fire in the oven.
Plastic foam The plastic foam may melt or contaminate the liquid inside when exposed
Wood Wood will dry out when used in the microwave oven and may split or crack.

IKEA VARMD Microwave Oven - fig2

Documents / Resources

IKEA VARMD Microwave Oven [pdf] Instruction Manual
VARMD, Microwave Oven, VARMD Microwave Oven
IKEA VARMD Microwave Oven [pdf] Instruction Manual
VARMD, Microwave Oven, VARMD Microwave Oven

References

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.