iHome Bluetooth Speaker User Manual
QUESTIONS? Visit www.ekids.com
This item is NOT a toy
This product bears the selective sorting symbol for waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE).
This means that this product must be handled pursuant to European Directive 2012/19/EU in order to be recycled or dismantled to minimize its impact on the environment.
For further information, please contact your local or regional authorities.
Electronic products not included in the selective sorting process are potentially dangerous for the environment and human health due to the presence of hazardous substances.
For environmental reasons, electrical equipment must be disposed of separately from household waste. Contact the municipality for the nearest collection point.
Read before proceeding
If you have any question regarding the operation or use of this product, please visit www.ekids.com to view answers to frequently asked questions.
Thank you for purchasing the Ui-B66. This product is designed to provide high quality wireless sound for your iPad, iPhone, iPod, computer, PDA or other Bluetooth audio device. This instruction booklet explains the basic operation and care of the unit. Please read them carefully and keep for future reference.
- Place the unit on a level surface away from sources of direct sunlight or excessive heat.
- Protect your furniture when placing your unit on a natural wood and lacquered finish. A cloth or other protective material should be placed between it and the furniture.
- Clean your unit with a soft cloth moistened only with mild soap and water. Stronger cleaning agents, such as benzene, thinner or similar materials can damage the surface of the unit.
When not in use, slide Power Switch to the OFF position to save battery power.
Using the Ui-B66
Charging the Unit
CHARGE UNIT BEFORE USE
- Connect the micro USB plug to the micro USB charging port on the back of the unit.
- Connect the standard USB plug end of the cable to a power USB port on a computer or other USB charging device. For first time use, charge unit for about 5 hours.
- The Power/Charging/Pairing LED on the back of the unit glows red steadily while the unit is charging and turns OFF once the unit is fully charged. If unit is not powered on when micro USB plug is connected, the red light glows steadily to indicate unit is charging.
Pairing Your Device
Pairing is the set-up process to introduce your Bluetooth-capable device to the B66. Once your
device is paired, the B66 can recognize it and you can play your audio through it.
Pairing with a Different Device
When the speaker is ON, it will automatically link with the previously paired Bluetooth device as
long as that device is still within range (approx. 30 feet). So to pair with a different device you
must press and hold the Bluetooth Pairing Button for 3 seconds to re-enter pairing mode.
Playing Audio Via Bluetooth
- Move the ON/OFF Switch to the ON position to listen to audio streamed wirelessly from your paired iPad, iPhone, iPod or other Bluetooth device.
The Power/Charging/Pairing LED on the unit will flash blue and a tone will sound as the unit searches for a previously paired device, and then turn solid blue once a previously paired device is detected.
- Use the controls on your Bluetooth device to play or pause audio, navigate tracks and control volume.
- When done listening, move the ON/OFF Switch to the OFF position to conserve the battery.
Unit doesnʼt respond (no power)
- Make sure unit is completely charged.
- Check that all connections are correct and properly plugged in.
- Make sure your device is properly paired with the Ui-B66.
- Make sure the ON/OFF Switch is not in the OFF position.
- The rechargeable battery in your speaker can be replaced only by eKids Consumer Repair
Unit doesnʼt respond (locked up/ “frozen”)
If the unit does not respond, try resetting the unit. Press and hold the Bluetooth button for 9
seconds. Note that doing so will clear settings, and any Bluetooth devices will need to be re-paired.
Trouble pairing device with Ui-B66
Bluetooth implementation varies depending on your device’s hardware and operating system. Please see our website for updates on pairing.
- When you power ON the speaker, it will automatically link with the last previously paired Bluetooth device if the device is still within range (approx. 30 feet). To pair with a different device you must turn off Bluetooth capability on the already paired device, or take it out of range.
- If your device does not auto-link when within range, re-pair the device. To do so, first delete the Ui-B66 from your Bluetooth device’s menu.
- Make sure your device is working properly. Check your device’s manual for details on Bluetooth pairing and linking.
©2020 SDI Technologies, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
iHome is a registered trademark of SDI Technologies Inc.,
used under license.
Read More About This Manual & Download PDF: