Hytera EHW08 BT Earpiece with PTT Key
Thank you for purchasing this product. To derive optimum performance from the product, please carefully read this manual before use.
This manual is applicable to the following product:
EHW08 BT Earpiece
The following icons are available through this manual:
NOTE: : Indicates references that can further describe the related topics.
CAUTION: : Indicates situations that could cause data loss or equipment damage.
- Do not drop or crash the product. Otherwise, the product may malfunction.
- Do not place the product near fire or under direct sunlight for a long time. Otherwise, it may cause fire and other faults.
- While driving, do not use the product. Otherwise, it may lead to traffic accidents, and the Company shall not be responsible for such accidents.
- Do not disassemble or refit the product. Otherwise, it will cause product damage, electric shock, fire, and other accidents.
- Do not put the product in the mouth or the place easy to be touched by children to avoid injuries.
- Use the product in the temperature from -15°C to +60°C. If the temperature is beyond this range, the product may not be normally used.
- Use the accessories of the Company. The accessories of other companies may be incompatible with the product.
- Use the USB cable attached with the product. Otherwise, it may cause fire.
- If the product is not used for a long time, charge it at least once every three months to avoid battery damage caused by excessive discharge.
- Charge the product by power adapter or connecting to the PC through the USB data cable at room temperature. Avoid charging near the fire or under high temperature.
- After charging is completed, disconnect the product from the power adapter or the PC. Otherwise, it may cause fire.
- If you smell something burned, feel the product is hot, or find other abnormal atmospheres, stop charging the product. Otherwise, it may cause fire.
Please unpack carefully and check that you have received the following items. If any item is missing or damaged, contact your local dealer.
|Silicone Earmuffs||2||User Manual||1|
Note: Pictures in this manual are only for reference.
EHW08 BT earpiece is an accessory that allows you to speak through the PTT key and control the volume. The product is compact and light, and comfortable to wear.
|Flashing blue once every three seconds||The product is running or in standby.|
|Flashing red and blue once every two seconds||The battery power is low.|
|Flashing red once every second||The product is being charged.|
|Glowing red||The product is fully charged.|
|Flashing red and blue alternatively||The product is switching to the pairing mode.|
|Seven tones with pitch increasing||The product is being turned on.|
|Three tones with pitch decreasing||The product is being turned off.|
|Two tones with pitch increasing||The product is switching to the pairing mode.|
|A tick and a beep||The product is connected with a BT device.|
|Two beeps||The product is disconnected from a BT device.|
|Five tones with pitch decreasing every minute||The battery power is low.|
Charging the Battery
CAUTION: If the product is not charged for a long time, the battery service life will be reduced. Charge the product at least once every three months.
Before use, charge the product for two hours.
When the LED indicator flashes red once every second, the product is being charged. When the LED indicator glows red, the product is fully charged.
Before use, pair the product with the terminal. After the initial BT pairing, the BT connection will be established automatically in future use.
- Turn off the product.
- Push and hold the Power/Pairing key toward the power icon for ten seconds.
When the LED indicator flashes red and blue alternatively, the product has switched to the pairing mode.
- Pair with the product on the terminal. For details, refer to the user manual of the terminal.
When the LED indicator flashes blue once every three seconds, the product has been paired with the terminal.
Wearing the Product
You can wear the product on the left or right ear.
- Adjust the Adjustable Rod for Microphone and Adjustable Rod for Left/Right Ear as shown in the following figure.
CAUTION: Do not rotate the adjustable rod by force. Otherwise, the product may malfunction.
- Rotate the Adjustable Rod for Left/Right Ear counterclockwise or clockwise to a proper position for left or right ear.
- Adjust the Adjustable Rod for Microphone near the mouth.
- Hang the product on the ear, and then insert the silicone earmuff into your ears.
Turning on the Product
Push and hold the Power/Pairing key toward the power icon for three seconds.
The LED indicator flashes blue.
Turn off the Product
Push and hold the Power/Pairing key toward the power icon for six seconds.
The LED indicator flashes red quickly.
Transmitting and Receiving
After the product is connected with the terminal, you can communicate with other users through the product.
1. Press and hold the PTT key, and then speak.
2. After speaking, release the PTT key.
If someone speaks during a call, you can hear the voice from the
speaker without any operation.
Adjusting the Volume
Increasing the Volume
Push and hold the Volume key toward the + icon.
Reducing the Volume
Push and hold the Volume key toward the – icon.
Care and Cleaning
To guarantee optimum performance as well as a long service life of the product, please follow the tips below.
● Do not pierce or scrape the product.
● Keep the product away from substances that can corrode the circuitry.
- Before cleaning, remove all cables first.
- Make sure the product is completely dry before use.
- Clean up the dust and fine particles on the product surface and charging interface with a clean and dry lint-free cloth or a brush regularly.
- Use neutral cleanser and a non-woven fabric to clean the surface and keys. Do not use chemical preparations such as stain removers, alcohol, sprays, or oil preparations, so as to avoid the surface and shell damage.
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation. Any Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
● Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
● Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
● Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
● Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
European Union Directive Conformance
Hereby, the Company declares that the radio equipment type BT earpiece is compliance with Directive 2014/53/EU.
Operating Frequency Range(s): 2402–2480 MHz
The maximum RF Output Power: -10.34 dBm
Importer: Hytera Mobilfunk GmbH
Address: Fritz-Hahne-Str. 7 31848 Bad Münder Germany
Importer: HYTERA COMMUNICATIONS (UK) CO., LTD Address: Hytera Houwe, 939 Yeovil Road, Slough Trading Estate, Slough, Bershire SL I 4NH, United Kingdom
Documents / Resources
|Hytera EHW08 BT Earpiece with PTT Key [pdf] User Manual|
EHW08, YAMEHW08, EHW08 BT Earpiece with PTT Key, BT Earpiece with PTT Key, Earpiece with PTT Key, PTT Key