HUMAN CARE 20124-10 Distance Strap
20124-xx | 20124-10 | 20124S-xx
You must read the user manual for your device prior to usage. Keep this booklet and information handy for future use.
- WARNING symbol indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, could result in serious injury to the user or damage to property and/or the device itself.
- INFORMATION symbol indicates recommendations and information for proper, trouble-free usage.
- WEIGHT CAPACITY symbol indicates maximum user weight for the product. Do not exceed this weight in any circumstance.
- CE MARKING symbol indicates product meets requirements of EU Directive 93/42/EEC (MDD) and/or EU Regulation 2017/745 (MDR).
- MEDICAL DEVICE symbol indicates that the product is a medical device according to the definition of medical device in EU Directive 93/42/EEC (MDD) and/or EU Regulation 2017/745 (MDR).
- RECYCLE according to local regulations.
- READ INSTRUCTIONS and ensure you fully understand them before using this product.
- Product modification is not permitted.
- Before use, always check that the product is not damaged or worn.
Human Care’s products are continuously being developed and updated to provide our customers with the highest quality. We reserve the right to make design changes without prior notice. Always make sure that you have the most recent version of the manual which is available for downloading from our website at
www.humancaregroup.com. Contact your local distributor if you have any questions about the product and its use.
Notice to user/patient in case of serious incident
Any serious incident that has occurred in relation to the product, should be reported to the local contact, who reports to the manufacturer, and the competent authority of the country in which the user/patient is established.
Compliances and Standards
Human Care is an ISO 13485:2016 certified Swedish medical device company. The Quality Management System is in compliance with US 21 CFR part 820.
The product is CE marked in accordance with EU Directive 93/42/EEC (MDD) and/or EU Regulation 2017/745 (MDR), as class I medical device.
The CE mark is on the product. This product has been tested in accordance with ISO 10535.
The distance strap is attached to the rail roller in the lift at one end and at the other end is the portable lift. The distance strap brings the portable lift at a reachable height for the care giver to transfer the lift to another room during the room-to-room transfer or when deattaching for transport to another room. Human Care distance straps are compatible with our portable lifts, called Altair and Roomer S.
|20124-10||Distance strap lifts||10cm/3,9”||2 hooks|
|20124-100||Distance strap lifts||100cm/45,5”||2 hooks|
|20124-110||Distance strap lifts||110cm/50”||2 hooks|
|20124-120||Distance strap lifts||120cm/54,5”||2 hooks|
|20124-140||Distance strap lifts||140cm/63,6”||2 hooks|
|20124-15||Distance strap lifts||15cm/5,9”||2 hooks|
|20124-160||Distance strap lifts||160cm/72,7”||2 hooks|
|20124-185||Distance strap lifts||185cm/84,1”||2 hooks|
|20124-20||Distance strap lifts||20cm/7,8”||2 hooks|
|20124-245||Distance strap lifts||245cm/111,4”||2 hooks|
|20124-25||Distance-strap lifts||25cm/9,8”||2 hooks|
|20124-30||Distance-strap lifts||30cm/11,8”||2 hooks|
|20124-35||Distance-strap lifts||35cm/13,8”||2 hooks|
|20124-40||Distance-strap lifts||40cm/15,7”||2 hooks|
|20124-45||Distance-strap lifts||45cm/17,7”||2 hooks|
|20124-50||Distance strap lifts||50cm/19,7”||2 hooks|
|20124-55||Distance strap lifts||55cm/21,7”||2 hooks|
|20124-60||Distance strap lifts||60cm/23,6”||2 hooks|
|20124-65||Distance strap lifts||65cm/25,6”||2 hooks|
|20124-70||Distance strap lifts||70cm/27,6”||2 hooks|
|20124-75||Distance strap lifts||75cm/29,6”||2 hooks|
|20124-80||Distance strap lifts||80cm/31,5”||2 hooks|
|20124-85||Distance strap lifts||85cm/33,5”||2 hooks|
|20124-90||Distance strap lifts||90cm/35,4”||2 hooks|
|20124-95||Distance strap lifts||95cm/37,4”||2 hooks|
|20124S-15||Distance-strap lifts||15cm/5,9”||catch hook|
|20124S-20||Distance-strap lifts||20cm/7,8”||catch hook|
|20124S-30||Distance-strap lifts||30cm/9,8”||catch hook|
|20124S-50||Distance-strap lifts||50cm/19,7”||catch hook|
|20124S-80||Distance-strap lifts||80cm/31,5”||catch hook|
- The distance straps are attached to the rail roller, see pictures with examples.
The connection should always be a combination of connection between a hook and a loop.
- Define the right length of the distance strap:
All rail rollers should be equipped with distance strap (inspected when installed) to come down to a recommended working height from the ceiling.
If a rail roller with hook (20529) is used, the lift attaches directly to this.
Recommended working height
Recommended hook-up height approx. 1850-1900 mm from Roomer and approx. 1900-1950 mm for Altair.
NB: Shorter distance straps can be used to obtain greater lifting height if required.
- Distance straps must be chosen to enable safe and comfortable room-to-room transfer. If the ratio of the distance from the rail roller to the lift (A) and the distance between transfer points (B) is to great, it is possible that the unloaded lift belt will not be released (Roomer only).
NB: To ensure comfortable transfers, we recommend a maximum distance of 800-900mm between the transfer points. If a greater distance is required, this should
be tested before putting the system into use.
The diagram shows the minimum permitted distance between the hoist and rail roller (A) at different distances between the transfer points (B).
- Suspending the liftPlace the lift on a suitable surface and feed out belt by gently pulling out the belt while at the same time pressing the ‘down’ button on either the hand control or secondary panel of the lift. Hook the lift belt onto the distance strap so that it is held firmly in position. The loop of the lift belt is approaching the hook in an angle of 140-160 degrees as shown in the illustration. Ensure the lift belt is firmly in place before use.
- Annual inspection – The lift and the related components must be inspected at least once per year by a qualified technician certified by Human Care.
- Monthly Inspection – Check the complete lifting system for damage or wear.
- Daily Inspection – Always inspect the lift for visible signs of damage before use. Ensure the lift is correctly mounted on the distance strap or rail roller. Always check slings, distance straps and belts for signs of wear before use. Do not use if wear is evident.
When lifting the strap in vertical and upwards direction, the connection should stay in place, meaning that the hook is not leaving the loop. The hook and loop are not detached when lowering the lift again. It should only be possible to detach the distance strap by having the metal parts diagonal at a angle of 140-160 degrees.
Yearly inspection by technician
The hook should have an opening of 5,1 mm. the acceptable distance is between 4-6 mm.
- Product lifetime
The product´s expected lifetime is three (3) years, if the product is used as intended and maintained according to the manufacturer´s instructions, depending on the intensity of use and maximum load applied during use. If the product label is no longer legible, the product should be discarded.
The product label contains information about the product and is located on the back side of one of the hooks.
Symbols on the product and the product label:
HUMAN CARE SWEDEN (HQ) Årstaängsvägen 21B
117 43 Stockholm
Phone: +46 8 665 35 00
Fax: +46 8 665 35 10
HUMAN CARE CANADA
10-155 Colonnade Road
Ottawa, ON K2E 7K1
Phone: +1 613 723 6734
Fax: +1 613 723 1058
HUMAN CARE UNITED STATES 8006 Cameron Street, Suite K Austin, TX 78754 USA
Phone: +1 512 476 7199
Fax: +1 512 476 7190
HUMAN CARE NEDERLAND Elspeterweg 124
8076 PA Vierhouten
Phone: +31 577 412 171
Fax: +31 577 412 170
Documents / Resources
|HUMAN CARE 20124-10 Distance Strap [pdf] User Manual|
20124-10 Distance Strap, Distance Strap, 20124-10 Strap, Strap, 20124-10, 20124-100, 20124-110