Personal Information and Data Security
The use of some functions or third-party applications on your device could result in your personal information and data being lost or becoming accessible to others. Use the following measures to help you protect your personal information:
– Put your device in a safe place to prevent unauthorized use.
– Set your device screen to lock and set a password or unlock pattern.
– Periodically back up personal information stored on your SIM card, memory card, or your device memory. If you change to a different device, be sure to move or delete any personal information on your old device.
– Periodically back up personal information stored on your memory card, or your device memory. If you change to a different device, be sure to move or delete any personal information on your old device.
– Do not open messages or emails from strangers to prevent your device from becoming infected with a virus.
– When using your device to browse the Internet, do not visit websites that might pose a security risk to avoid your personal information from being stolen.
– If you use services such as the portable Wi-Fi hotspot or Bluetooth, set passwords for these services to prevent unauthorized access. Turn these services off when they are not in use.
– Install device security software and regularly scan for viruses.
– Be sure to obtain third-party applications from a legitimate source. Downloaded third-party applications should be scanned for viruses.
– Install security software or patches released by Huawei or authorized third-party application providers.
– Using unauthorized third-party software to update your device may damage your device or put your personal information at risk. It is recommended that you update through your device’s online update feature or download official update packages for your device model from Huawei.
– Some applications require and transmit location information. As a result, a third-party may be able to share your location information.
– Some third-party application providers may collect detection and diagnostic information on your device to improve their products and services.
Questions about your Huawei Mate 10? Post in the comments!
Huawei Mate 10 Manual [PDF]